Lucky Luke is completly unknown in America

>Lucky Luke is completly unknown in America
What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luke_(1983_TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=gRK5uoC1Zrk
youtube.com/watch?v=9QIOZAsCxZ8
mirinata.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/
youtube.com/watch?v=pxH9ejIYAlg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He just wasn't lucky to be shown much

Lukewarm reception.

Luck of the draw

Tintin and maybe the smurfs are pretty much the only Franco-Belgian comics Americans know, outside of a few enthusiasts.
No Spirou & Fantasio, no Gaston, Cubitus, Iznogud, Inspector Canard... it's a real shame.

looks familiar

Belgians never had cowboys! Showing American Cowboys and not being an American is Cultural Appropriation! Stop stealing our culture!

fucking hell

Maybe because there was no notable animated series? The only reason 'Muricans know the Smurfs is because of the cartoon.

It did get some decent animated series.

The one from the 80s was co-produced with damn Hanna Barbera too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luke_(1983_TV_series)

They put 3 episodes together to make a movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=gRK5uoC1Zrk

Maybe it's because us Americans created our own superior cowboy
youtube.com/watch?v=9QIOZAsCxZ8

He's not known much in Italy either, the general public doesn't know about him for sure.

>midriff covered up

Fine is this better? Authentic AMERICAN cowboys, just like Grandma used to wear!

Marvel and DC

erm
The balled of the Daltons is a Idéfix studio animated movie (the only one made by them along with the 12 tasks of Asterix), directed by Goscinny & Morris themselves.
It's even in the wiki you linked that the movie you're referencing is The Daltons on the loose.
The ballad is vastly superior tho, so you're okay, citizen.

Is Asterix even known in Burgerland?

Hol up, these posts will NOT go insufficiently (You).

I'd argue that Asterix is sort of known

>good eurocomic is completely unknown in America
;_;

It's technically the most well known comic in the world.

how ? most translations ?

You're right, I forgot Asterix because pretty much everyone knows him.
I even remember seeing questions about the Gaul villagers in a test of general knowledge.

>you will never read glorious European comics in burgerland

The only reason I know of him is I had a lucky luke video game for the ps1 way back when

It used to be pretty commonly used in French classes.

Are native americans butthurt about accurate depiction of them?

If you want some autism please enjoy

mirinata.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/

Wow, she must really like Joe Dalton.

Not this again user, I did not need to be reminded of it

>cowboy pulp
>accurate

you are aware that whole gunslinging justice cowboy fantasy is pure fiction, right? cowboys were farmers

Blueberry > Lucky Luke

>that art
Giraud = god

Tintin and Asterix are a permanent staple of my little North East town's library.

No idea if anyone actually reads them.

Are you telling me that there are Paris tier cannons in a western setting?
What is this comic about?

Anglos never had cowboys either. They had to literally invade Mexican territory to get their first batch.

I suppose Americans may also be interested in les Tuniques Bleues if they knew about it.

The new series was a work of art
youtube.com/watch?v=pxH9ejIYAlg

Arguably it was better than the comics it was based on (even the Goscinny ones were never as good as Asterix).

Damn I'd forgotten about that.

It even had an English dub.
And a few little details, like the colouring reflecting the comic (a lot of solid reds and blues for backgrounds) or that Luke's shadow was a fraction of a second slower than him every time Luke shot.

They also made the Daltons dumber in the cartoon. In the comics they were excellent shots and were literate. In the cartoon Joe couldn't hit a target point blank and their illiteracy was used for a few jokes.

Also the Polish dub was super cheesy with the voices often repeating which made it even more ridiculous and thus funny.

I found it interesting that you could put the show pretty well within a real time frame: the plot did not move beyond June 1876, as General Custer was around as a recurring character, but the battle of Little Bighorn was referenced at least twice (in the same dark humour way Brutus is always shown playing with a knife around Julius Ceasar in Asterix).

I'd only ever seen the german one, just remembered that damn intro music.

But yeah it looks pretty neat.