Rageaholic blames Mark Waid for the fall of Marvel

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7asAVHdbbo
Do you believe him Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Be_2CxaYbBA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking no, that would be Bendis, seriously, a majority of the major problems with today’s Marvel comics and be directly traced back to Bendis

Mark Wade is a storyteller unlike so many agenda-writers

>Saved The Flash
>Killed Marvel
We should be praising him.

>shitting on waid's daredevil
>shitting on fraction's hawkeye at the beginning
Why should I watch this?

Are we allowed to report spamming and viraling yet?

I blame Alonso for allowing the virulent SJW plague to run through Marvel unchecked. And let's be clear SJW'ing is a disease, it's non productive and focuses on trivial issues whilst ignoring real human rights abuses. More to the point it has no place in at Marvel thankfully the mouse's accountants have stepped in to set the house straight...However this youtuber is as obnoxious as hell.

I believe that he hates Mark Waid.

Did Daredevil actually sell poorly? It was around 35-40k throughout.

He acts like Waid's DD was awful, but it still had "Try the red one"

If anything, Young Avengers by Gilleon is what made current Marvel. What did Waid's DD run do that was so bad besides dropping plot points?

I got through 7 seconds of this spergs voice before I could take no more. Who actually listens to this shit?

Marvel was shit long before Alonso
You have to go back to the DeFalco/Gruenwald era to get to the root of their problems.

He never actually says what was bad about the run. He's pretty all over the place on the video and doesn't actually say anything more than "I hate Mark Waid".

Also he talks about Star Wars... for some reason?

I'm talking about spate that has been tolerated up until breaking point.

This is my gripe with all these videos. They always come off like they don't read a lot of comics.

Why? I haven't read anything post Kingdom Come but I really liked him.

>He never actually says what was bad

Watch the video. He shows all the bad. The cover with Daredevil kneeling at the feet of a woman was the worst.

Because they fucking don't read a lot of comics. They don't know how comics are put together behind the scenes and how editors (or lack thereof, which is likely 99% of marvel's problems) impact what gets put on the stands. They don't know comics that aren't big two. They don't want to know comics that aren't big two.
Hell they usually don't read writers'/artists' older works. Sup Forums does this too by bitching about a writer always being shit once they've written a book they don't like. Like please you know as well as I do that Waid Nightwing would've been 10x better than any other Nightwing book, and 2017 Champions being shit doesn't negate that Waid was mostly good a decade ago.

because you have shit taste if you like those
sold way more before that
he's made videos about what's bad about the Daredevil run before & gives a brief reflection here

there aren't many worth reading in the current year
also, someone making good shit once doesn't excuse them making shit now

He is the worst X-Men writer of all time soooo....y'know....

Axel and Sana have about 45% of the blame pie and corporate infighting between Ike and feige is 35% and a general lack of talent makes up the rest

>He is the worst X-Men writer of all time soooo
Austen

Razorfist fucking LOVES Bendis.

Is Razorfish in this fucking thread? Loved seeing you get BTFO on Drunken Peasants. Dennis Miller Ass Wannabe.

Like what? Not being facetious just wondering. He's uneven, some good stuff, lots of readable average stuff, and in the past few years some really bad events and he squandered a great X team and made me hate beast but his follies have been mostly inconsequential in the larger scheme, Marvel's got bigger problems than him. Actually the O5 was an awful idea too. But even still the X lines got bigger problems than him as well.

Current Champion run ruins all the characters who are involved in it, so yeah, I can partly understand, what is he talking about.

Is this someone who went and Sup Forums and randomly read a bunch of threads?

Blaming Waid for the fall of Marvel is retarded since there was a lot of terrible things done at Marvel before Waid was even on Daredevil.

Who or what is Razorfist?

This poster has a better argument about what went wrong with Marvel.

No. Personally, I really enjoyed his flash run and his daredevil run (before he moved to san francisco). The person thsat would be killing marvel is probably either the writers of Iceman/Modern Ms Marvel or Bendis, but all except ms marvel are go, so marvel will hopefully start to get better soon.

He's an algalam of Styx and Spoony. He makes commentary on videogames, politics, ect. He's the metalfag equivalent of Dennis Miller. He also fought in the War of Games and Gates.
He has managed to get hated by three other boards with this one being the fourth

>Is Razorfish in this fucking thread?

I would not be surprised if he goes to Sup Forums a lot.

This is also the man who says that Ditko’s Question is better than O’Neil’s Question and goes into a rage if you say otherwise.

Does he really? What? How is this guy gonna make a video bitching about sjws and mark waid but also like bendis what

hmm yes, youtube user RageCheeseMonkey sounds like they have stable, reasonable opinions.

Holy shit, this retard. I remember when he tried to start 'Metalgate' and then immediately exposed himself as a complete fucking poseur by saying metal fans "worship" Alice Cooper of all people.

solid points for sure.

I remember my first exposure to Rageaholic was when him and uh, Asaleri, I think his name was, were on a two man crusade against Spoony and Nostalgia Critic. The whole thing was super lame because you could tell they were both desperate to be the next TGWTG.

That doesn't matter if what marvel is putting out. These youtube reviewers show how little they fucking know about marvel if their blaming Mark waid for shit Marvel has been doing the past 20 yrs. Creating controversy to gain sales. Killing off mutants during House of M, killing captain america, wiping off damn near everyone from the ultimate universe during Ultimatum, undoing spider-man character development during OMD.

Toppled with Marvel firing everyone back when they were reaching bankruptcy. And hiring anyone from outside the industry that would write for them. SO were now left a company that has multiple writers that have little experience writing comic run by people that only know that controversy = sales.

Why are there no good comic YouTubers
I've tried myself in the past but it's so fucking hard to make comic videos appeal to normies and real fans

I think comicbookgirl19 know what she's talking about, but unfortunately she only does movie reviews now.

Although she did make a video about how she hadn't bought Marvel in a couple years.

Austen has that honor.

And If not for X-Statix... Milligan did some bad shit with that bizarre love triangle arc

hard to ruin any of them when they're already so fucking bad
if making jokes about those spergs is a crusade, then deus fucking vult and welcome to the holy army for posting here, faggot

Because you're only options are; Either you dedicate your channel spoon feeding normies who can't be assed to fucking read comics. Or be another culture war faggot who blames SJWs for every stupid shit marvel is doing.

*knows what
Fuxk

>Or be another culture war faggot who blames SJWs for every stupid shit marvel is doing
even though they were running the company for years and doing a lot of shit, including antagonizing the fans?
I'm not a "culture warrior" but it's even a normie opinion that these faggots are annoying by this point

She knows Marvel and that’s about it.

>these faggots are annoying by this point
You're behind the times, pal. No one cares about SJWs anymore, now you're the annoying ones.

>Ultimate
>started the yearly event trend with House of M
>started the trend of putting popular characters on the Avengers
>singlehandedly ruined X-Men

>even though they were running the company for years and doing a lot of shit, including antagonizing the fans?

The angry reviewer gimick is kinda dead.

>hating Fractions Hawkeye and Waid's Daredevil
Lost credibility here

Ultimate was good until Loeb put a stop to it.

Ultimate was always mediocre-to-bad, just an excuse for Bendis to retell old Spider-Man stories in 6 issues instead of one or two

His success led to Marvel and other writers pushing more decompression (which sometimes works, but most of the times waste time and is not worth cover price) and stretched out stories that gradually bled readership over the 00's and 10's.

At least Waid can pace a comic competently most of the time.

still fun to piss them off, man
but yeah, the "culture warriors" are just as bad. just pointing out that it's not just them who fucking hate the SJWs
is it 2014 already?

>Why are there no good comic YouTubers
Niche content. Comicsexplained and Comicstorian got big cause they target normie nonreader movie audience. ComicPop does a lot of good work that is meant for fans, but you see how big they got on that. There isn't that many people who would be interested in this type of content. And it's not like they're polarizing, I don't see many people really hate on ComicPop. If anything people say that it's not their jam and it's a bit rambly.

Speaking of DP, are Ben and TJ having a suing each other right now or what?

I never read Mark Waid's Daredevil but the art looks good. I was thinking about picking up the ominbuses

TJ said they're going into arbitration to find a solution to the whole DP fallout. Seems like Ben was blindsided, but who knows. I'm enjoying both DFF and TAP though.

Yes it is just them. Stop pretending to be an ebin troll just because you've failed to realize the joke is played out. And protip: it's not trolling if you legitimately believe what you're telling them. That's just called an argument.

Because Bendis wrote the 2nd best Daredevil according to him and that means he's GOAT. It's fucking stupid. Razor is a tryhard with access to a thesaurus.

>Ultimate was good

>Saved The Flash
That's Johns retard

>Rebirth
>Flashpoint
if that's saving I don't want to know what destroying looks like

Because very few people actually read comic books.

Stripe Panel naked and Strange Brain Parts are decent, but overall if you want any views and get some money the easiest way is to focus on what's popular a create lengthy video where you act like a retard.

Did you even listen to the video?

>Drunken Peasants
Literally who

Waid is shitty but it wasn't his fault, it was Alonso, Brevoort and all the editors in charge of the shitfest.

>Decide to make a comic book related video for Free comic book day
>it's by far my least popular video
That's why.
>Comic pop
Thanks for letting me know of them
youtube.com/watch?v=Be_2CxaYbBA

This is getting dumb, Mark Waid is not the downfall of Marvel. He's a symptom but he could also be reigned by sensible managers.

Not him, but Johns was TRYING to save Flash comics with those books. It's just that he failed miserably because he had the wrong idea of how to save the franchise. Pic related is what happens when you destroy something intentionally.

Yeah, he's just footsoldier really.

>He saved the Flash
You mean by bringing Barry back? That actually killed the franchise.

You're ignoring his Wally era, pre Waid

Ultimatum was kino
Greatest pleb filter ever

>Geoff Johns Wally
>pre-Waid
user you might want to check your timeline there

>You mean by bringing Barry back?

Barry came back because it was EVS' idea and maybe Didio pushed for it. Besides, he returned in Final Crisis, which wasn't written by Johns.

Retiring all the well-known villains by claiming that they were only in it to fight Barry then making your major story villain be a long-lost twin switched at birth (keep in mind this story was written in the 90s) who gets magical time/speed powers and starts a centuries long blood feud against the Flash through their descendants and he's also the ancestor of Professor Zoom. Waid also started the "important Flash villains must be speedsters" trend.

Bringing Barry back was the effort of Didio and van Scriver, Johns wrote it under the promise of a second Flash book that focus on Wally and his family.

You sure? Because I swear Johns was on Flash, then Waid, then Johns did Rebirth

Waid started in 1990, Johns started in 2000

>try to give a new hero a new rogues gallery
>bad

>Under the promise that Wally would get a new book and his family
So who lied?

You're both right.

90's: Waid
2000 to Infinite Crisis: Johns
Then Waid came back for a very brief run with Wally and his kids, and left over a bunch of conflicts, I think.
Then Barry Allen comes back in Final Crisis (2008)
Then Johns does Flash Rebirth (the 2009 miniseries, not DC Rebirth)

Why would he?

He already has a tumblr account

So bring back Barry was Morrison's idea?

the market turned out not to be strong enough (the plan was Wally back ups in Flash and then the spin off) and nu52 happened.

No, EVS' and Didio most likely. EVS didn't have any input on Final Crisis, but he was the one who pushed for it, so I assume Didio suggested it to Morrison.

It's largely attributed to EVS

>And let's be clear SJW'ing is a disease, it's non productive and focuses on trivial issues whilst ignoring real human rights abuses.
God damn fucking right
The flappers actually understood how you change society. From the top down. Legislation is how you get things like equality made into reality. Demanding that all mediums of entertainment subscribe to your exactly standards of 'fairness and equality' does not make equality suddenly a thing people do.

3rd wave feminism is just a corporate tool to milk money from idiots while telling them they're serving a worthy cause

>Market turned out to not be strong enough
It's strong enough for 10 fucking Batman comics all running at the same time but not strong enough for 2 flash books?

3rd-wave feminism has been dead for twenty years, largely because its superficial elements were co-opted by corporations as marketing tools. 3rd-wave was heavily tied into the punk and DIY subcultures, OG third wave feminists would have responded to the demand for more representation by actually making new products, not necessarily within existing structures.

Do you remember what sales were like before the New 52? In the April 2011 chart, the highest selling DC titles were Green Lantern, Brightest Day, Batman Inc, and they were in the 60,000-70,000 range.

The main Batman title was 56,578.

Arguably yes. Spinoffs and secondary titles tend to split readership unless desired enough that people are willing to buy an additional book per month.

But it was, at least Ultimates, Ultimate Spider-Man, and some of Ultimate F4

speed force killed the Flash franchise

Nice get.

I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with you on this, it might be because unlike a lot of people Ultimate wasn’t my introduction into comics. I found it to be a very pretentious comic line trying hard to make its heroes more real, and I just wasn’t into that. For every cool thing that Ultimate Comics did, they had five Pants-On-Head retarded things to go along with them.

I’ll never understand why fence sitters like you get so defensive about toilet paper comics being interpreted in ways you don’t like. Just because these critics don’t posses all-encompassing knowledge of every book, and every minute detail of the industry, they aren’t allowed to have opinions? Kill yourself.

>Retiring all the well-known villains by claiming that they were only in it to fight Barry
That was WML, and have them move on with their life and have a friendly relationship with Wally is far more interesting direction than turning them into the edgy sociopaths they were in Johns run.

Hi Razorcuck