Art > Writing

>If a comic has good story/lame art, it's only ok.
>If a comic has lame story/good art, it's cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

avasdemon.com/gallery.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

by that logic, BvS and The Valerian is the best thing ever.

If you have no sound, those movies are amazing!

It's when the dialogue is heard that it goes downhill.

exactly-a lame story can ruin good art.

I'd rather have ugly looking delicious cake than beautiful plastic prop.

Is the concept of both taking relatively equal amounts of importance beyond you?

I would argue that good art conveys a good story, but whatever. What are some comics with good story and good art?

Cool story, bro.

BvS is a 9.5/10 and Valerian is a 7.

I completely agree with this. I can tolerate average writing with good art, but I can't tolerate good writing with bad art.

ITT marvelfags

Depends on the comic. I was rereading some of the early Spiderman Venom comics the other day and while the stories were eh at best Todd McFarlane's art made them at least enjoyable.

Not Sup Forums, but ONE single handedly proved this to be wrong.

I afree that generally speaking both are equally important, but there can be terrible stories that don't really ruin great art, and amazing stories that make shitty art a non-issue. I'd say any stupid yet pretty capeshit comics and any old good webcomics are okaysh examples for both sides

>If a comic has lame story/good art, it's cool
And yet America was cancelled.

wirtting is far more important than art though

Also extremely good and detailed art is too expensive to be in a long series while a good comic writter even the best of all times can always be hired by comic companies.

DC has better artists though.

That's Manapul right? He basically made the New 52 Flash run for me

And better writing.

do people really side with marvel or dc like some sort of fucking gay sports team

When Marvel comic quality started to decline?

this is good art?

Since the 90s, yes.

>Marvel comic quality started to decline
Yes. Because of bad writing.

Better than the writing it is.

*vomits*

This is fucking retarded logic.
Art is only supposed to be complimentary to the Story. Art ISN'T ever in any way supposed to take importance away from the story: if someone decides that the art on a comic book is somehow more important and enticing that the story, then you fucking failed at making a comic book.

>Yes. Because of bad writing.

Nah, it was because their best artists left to form Image Comics.

>best

Isn't the majority of the comic's story conveyed by the art?
If so, it doesn't seem right to imply that one is more important than the other if they are both necessary for the work to be considered a comic.

A good comic should have the two elements so in sync that you can't separate them.

Let's be honest, if it weren't for Michelle's talent at digital illustration and character designs, a lot less people would read her comic.

>talent
Where?

>Since the 90s, yes.
>tricking people into ignoring all competition
Must be good for (((business)))

avasdemon.com/gallery.html

Some bits and pieces from her portfolio.

Story is ingrained in the art though so bad art ruins good writing.

Writers are scriptwriters
Artists are the directors

In movies people always credit the director as the important role. Comics should too

That is why everyone needs to read a book on Mise en Scene, as well as cinematography and color theory if they want to do any type of narrative-based art. I'm not sure what books are the definitive guide to that, though.

Manapaul should come to Marvel. Imagine him on a Spidey or Doctor Strange book.

Absolutely. Francis Manapul carried The Flash with the artwork.

>by that logic, BvS and The Valerian is the best thing ever.
Obligatory.

I think it's easier for good writing to carry bad art than it is for good art to carry bad writing. Maybe it's just based on opinion.

I think it is certainly divided. The opposite is true for me. imo bad art makes reading a good story feel like a chore

Valerian was the best comic book movie of 2017

>BvS
>post a justice league webm
youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o

Can you talk comics for a minute moviefag??

It had neither good art or good writing

Arguing about who has better art or writing is like asking if McDicks or BK makes better food.
They're both bottom of the barrel.

So you'd rather just look at a painting then read a book? Nothing wrong with that but gets boring after a while.

You got a point here??

Well, some people are visual learners and some can read tutorials and easily learn things. Do you think that has anything to do with it?

Me too. I mean, you literally have to stare at these visuals to experience the story. I've heard some people barely glance at the art though. I've skipped word bubbles before but I love looking at the details of the art to see what's going on.