This really was the most fitting way for the Inhumans push to end...

This really was the most fitting way for the Inhumans push to end. You can make a book about how everything went wrong with the Inhumans push.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kH-iBeN-a24
youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’s pretty fascinating. You could actually teach a business course focused on commercial failures, and Inhumans would be one of the best cases to teach.

>gorgon is a black guy
>karnak is an asian guy
good riddance

It was honestly the worst superhero series in this decade

They never had a chance.

so what actually went wrong
other than "nobody gives a shit about the inhumans to begin with so it was doomed from the start"

costumes,dialogue,story etc

That's pretty much it, but also a shittily made show

And the Black Bolt ongoing/Medusa and Black Bolt breaking up is the best thing that could have possibly come out of this mess

In all fairness, is there a reason you can't make Inhumans work, is it fundamentally fucked?

No, but they should not used until an F4 movie

>"nobody gives a shit about the inhumans to begin with so it was doomed from the start"

And even THAT isn't much of an excuse considering the success of Guardians of the Galaxy and (to a lesser extent) Big Hero 6. So how did those lesser-known properties become huge and Inhumans didn't?

The comic version is fucked. They're practically supervillains at this point.
>want to alien-fart-gas the whole world to be like them
>get into fights with heros who disagree with this notion

Except of course Marvel is so fucking blind they think we should be rooting for them this whole time

It should have been a more serious GotG where they focused on more cosmic stuff and were able to show them doing cool shit.

Unfortunately some moron went "well REALLY it should be like Game of Thrones" so we got this.

>well REALLY it should be like Game of Thrones
Every show should be. By that I mean every show should actually have honest to god effort put into the setting and making characters have believable motivations
this not so much

Inhumans from day one of their push for more exposure, struggled with its own identity. It didn’t know what it wanted to be. Were the Inhumans mutants? Were they Game of Thrones, but in space? What were their goals? Is Maximus really the only legit villain they have?

Marvel never really decided what they wanted to pursue. They just wanted to make sure everyone heard the name “Inhumans” and assumed that would be enough. What hurt the brand most was Kevin Feige’s lack of support due to his beef with Ike Perlmutter. It was Perlmutter who wanted to replace X-Men with Inhumans. But his poor standing among the company led to the downfall of the brand.

People not giving a shit about the inhumans to begin with was honestly not that big of an issue. If anything, it should have made things easier for them since they could play around with the property and alter it as needed to make it more accessible to a wider audience without pissing off enough of its fans for any kind of blowback.

The main issue is that they've always worked better as supporting characters than main stars.

>They're practically supervillains at this point.
People love stories about supervillains though.

>tfw it's only as the push crashes and burns we get good to great books like Black Bolt and Royals

The Karnak comic was pretty good, but that's mostly because of Warren Ellis.

trying to make the inhumans into mutants. First fraction got pushed out because he wouldn't play ball. Soule tried to setup a nuhumans vs inhumans thing and that was forced into inhumans vs mutants. M-pox was the dumbest thing imaginable and there is no writer on earth that could have made that work for the inhumans. Ike too salty about the movies and for some reason decided despite the budget he would rush the production, remove most of the comic aspects, hire fucking scott buck, and have shitty effects. Honestly they could have did alright if marvel didn't fuck over the writers and rush a show out of desperation.

One of the worst and most incompetent currently active showrunners was in charge for once.

that's not gotham, izombie, supergirl, flash, arrow, preacher, lucifer, legends of tomorrow, black lightning, Krypton, or titans

To add when they actually did leave it alone in the case of karnak and Black Bolt's solos despite the sales they were actually well received.

True, but I think of you took pretty much everything they did and actually painted them as the villains it might have actually worked.

The whole thing reads like an X-men comic told from the perspective of the antagonists, only Marvel expects you to root for them and cheer as they attempt to kill off characters you've already gotten to know and (hopefully) like.

What's it like being a 38 on the CAR Scale?

If you have 40 minutes to burn: youtube.com/watch?v=kH-iBeN-a24

If not:
Marvel sidelined the franchises they didn't have the movie rights for, including their arguably MOST popular one, the X-Men.
They tried to push the Inhumans as a replacement to the X-Men, including an ill-advised event pitting them against each other in the comics.

Perlmutter, who has the mindset of a toy seller first and foremost, wanted an Inhumans movie so that they could exploit them in place of the X-Men for merchandise.
Perlmutter also fucked with Feige's plans constantly (like changing the Iron Man 3 villain because "female action figures don't sell"), until his meddling in Civil War almost cost them RDJ and the Spidey deal, and Feige had him taken out of the movie division and confined to the TV division.

Perlmutter took his pet Inhumans movie and turned it into a pet Inhumans show, mostly disregarding the fact that AoS had already introduced the concept of inhumans in place of mutants.
Perlmutter, being a cheap bastard, did it all on the cheap, and hired Scott Buck as the showrunner, despite Buck being famous for one thing only: ruining shows.

Despite doing it on the cheap, Perlmutter also wanted it to be grandiose, and had the show premiere on IMAX, wasting money that could have been put on the show.

In the end, to no one's surprise, it was all bad: the writing, the acting, the sets, the costumes, the effects, the music, the action.

Haven't watched all of these, but the ones I have, yeah they're bad but they've got something going at some point.
Arrow had Slade, Flash had Wells, LoT had Cap Cold, Preacher had Cassidy...

Inhumans has NOTHING. Not even a genuinely good actor like Rheon had a single good scene.

It was an X-men replacement hanlded by the cheapest executive marvel could find.

Comic fans were pissed at they were used to replace the X-men with dumb pushes and unearned praises.
Marvel Studios used them as a containment property for Ike. This created a huge behind the scenes power struggle.
Fox Movie properties being bought was the final stake.

Inhumans could have replaced the X-men back during the early announcements. But it became clear as the MCU rolled on that timing and movie slots were tight.Thus begin and end the shit show we know.

Is there any lambasting of Scott Buck and Dexter in that video? Please say "yes". I need to hear it.

I don't remember if in that video in particular, but I'm certain the Midnight's Edge guys have talked shit about Buck in the past.

I'd say your chances are good.

>Midnight's Edge
These fucks are so fucking butthurt over Star Wars, I can't watch them anymore.

But then, half the world is.

Whats Perlmutter up to these days anyway?

Fuck off, retard

>half the world is saying people need to be physocally harmed for making a film
No

>Remembering when the push first started
>Marvel employees and shills would say "No we're not replacing the X-Men"
>and then "No they're BETTER than the X-Men but they're not being replaced! They have MORE books!"
>Eventually "Yeah they're placing the X-Men because they're better, blame FOX (Who's COMPLETELY unrelated to all of this)
>It all failed
>"Haha yeah fuck the Inhumans right guys??"

When the fuck did Midnight's Edge advocate for violence?

Why dont we just make them villains anyway? They own slaves, look down on humans, and tried to wipe out mutants. I'm sure some would be annoyed at Black Bolt going bad, but it's better than him being a complete bitch to his "wife"

It was fun to see the Marvel stand-in for Muslims genociding the Marvel stand-in for gays, but desperately telling you that the former were the good guys in the conflict.

I still remember the mutants BTFO threads

>that Karnak
Holy kek, I'm having flashbacks to Angel's Lorne and Angel is a goddamn late 90s to early 00s show.

Just like Europe!

*Triton
My bad, brain fart because of too much laughter.

It's not like they're a sacred Kirby creation like 4th World. Would make for good X Men villains too

The worst thing about the Inhuamn push that it managed to both fuel the X-fags persecution complex AND cause them to be incredibly smug afterwards when it bombed.

This. Honestly, one of my biggest problem with Inhumans, both in comics and in shows, is that they are OBVIOUSLY THE BAD GUYS.

The Inhumans are an isolationist colony of xenophobes on the moon which only survives on the back of slave labor, ruled by a monarchy where 'royalty' is convenient shorthand for "whoever has the most bitch'n power, and also Medusa for some reason". Marvel keeps trying to tell me these are the good guys, but none of their actions ever really support that. They are only ever, at best, the lesser of two evils at any given time. They regularly do shit like just claim chunks of Earth or release the terrigen gas cloud, and have the audacity to play the victim when the rest of the planet tells them to hold the fuck up.

If they were just totally open about being awful fuckers and I was watching evil dudes be evil, I might care for it. But don't serve me a shit sandwich and tell me I'm having a steak dinner.

The only even-remotely-tolerable thing that came out of the push, and her ties to the Inhumans are so minor and inconsequential that Marvel can pretend they don't exist.

Ike Perlmutter was the only one who wanted it, and everyone else in Marvel apparently hated him because he would dforcemovie changes to make them more toyetic, like making Killian the bad guy of IM3 because women villains don't sell toys (and they never made a Killian toy anyway). Also because he was a huge Trump guy in a company that's, um, in a different spot politically.

Anyway, once Ike left, Inhumans got dumped to Hulu where it would never bother anyone again.

>comparing Lorne to a guy with 6 stripes on his face

The actor fucking died from having so much makeup on

Yeah but by "like game of thrones" I meant they thought it should have fantasy political drama.

Ike left?

Yeah he left the MCU to Disney while he continues to be a cheapskate everywhere else.

Not quite, he was relegated to the TV division and completely lost any influence over the movies.

Is he still fucking over the games?

indeed weird, one would think that they would go for incest

Feige challenged him at the throne of bones for control of the MCU. Ike thought his position unassailable, and in his overconfidence left himself open to attack after the mistakes of Age of Ultron. Feige struck quickly and with no mercy, and smote Ike's ruin across the mountainside. Ike was banished from the MCU in the aftermath.

Vowing revenge, Ike took Inhumans with him and increased his push upon the fields still under his sway: comics and tv.

Not sure. All I know for sure is Loeb, who runs the Marvel TV stuff and the TV side of the MCU, answers to Perlmutter.

I'd imagine someone else handles the game licenses

I'm watching it now, and they start 10 minutes in

Pretty sure it was Ike's fault for no Doom or mutants in MvC Infinite.

>so what actually went wrong
the people who still don't want to accept the fact that tv shows are not canon and that feige does not give a single fuck about them.

you're gonna live in the world where x-men is gonna interact with the avengers, but characters like luke cage, jessica jones, iron fist, daredevil, ghost rider, or any of the characters that has ever appeared on tv will never appear in movies

>which only survives on the back of slave labor,
>alpha primitives have been free since the 70s and long before the inhumans moved to the moon

Gotta read those comics user

what the fuck does any of that have to do with the Inhumans show being terrible?

If I recall, they just released the Alpha Primitives into the wild like pets they no longer wanted, not caring that they were literally too brain-dead to exist on their own.

because feige controls all the marvel movies
you can hate them all you want but they always get good reviews and make money

this isn't the case for the marvel tv shows.

I guess part of it is that guardians of the galaxy and big hero 6 sort of had their own thing going.

I mean I still would like to read some of the older stuff, but GoTG being say space opera firefly/starwars replacement but in marvel filled a niche that wasn't served movie wise. Big Hero Six took an old comic and made it into a disney pixar looking animated movie, putting cartoon-style under marvel brand.

Something about inhumans, in their push, felt like... well "we don't have mutants, we're replacing our own thing."

Basically nuGoTG and Big Hero 6 covered underserved ground, Inhumans was putting a square peg, into a square-shaped hole, that already had a square peg in it,

Or perhaps putting a square peg in an x-shaped hole, that had an x in it.

>alien-fart-gas
Man, I fucking hated the terrigen cloud plot, but do you really have to rely on "hurr hurr farts" to make your point?

The live somewhere on the moon with Gorgon's daughter

Again, what the fuck does that got to do with the quality of this show?

The show was shit because Perlmutter is cheap and Scott Buck ruins everything he touches.

For sure Daredevil is not gonna show up in the Avengers, but the real reason is that they'll never tell the moviegoers "yeah you gotta watch a show to know who this red dude is". It's already hard enough for the larger public to keep up with the continuity of the now 17 movies of the MCU, they won't complicate it further.

What the fans of the shows want is just a nod. "There's reports of vigilantes in New York" , or some agents from AoS in the bridge of the Helicarrier, not even speaking. Stuff like that.

It's Matt, he can't help himself

The Inhumans just can't carry a story. They only work as guest stars in other characters' books, and the same applies for a TV show or movie.

Who?

>This really was the most fitting way for the Inhumans push to end.
With them getting their first ever good comics?

shut the fuck up, you act like every movie goer watches every marvel flick. they don't, not to mention spider-man shows up out of nowhere in civil war. he was written at the last time. but yeah, keep defending tv shows. they still, and will continue to be, not canon.

who are you arguing with in your head? I'm not defending shit, I'm saying the reason the Inhumans show was shit had nothing to do with whether or not the shows are canon to the movies.

And no shit, most people don't watch all the movies.
But that's precisely what I'm saying about continuity being difficult for the larger public to follow. They're already asking "why is Hulk in space and why is Odin actually Loki in disguise and why do they think Loki is dead and who is this Strange dude and what is this stuff Thor is saying about the sun getting low?".

Recent video, dude said he "would end" someone for "ruining" something from his childhood

holy shit is that true, how does that even happen

"According to a 2005 interview, about a month after filming the last episode of Angel, Hallett suffered a dental infection which spread through the bloodstream to his heart, leading to a case of cardiomyopathy, for which he spent five days in the hospital.[7] Although he recovered, his heart muscle and valves were weakened and he found himself easily fatigued afterward. He did not return to acting (except for a voice part in the animated film Geppetto's Secret), but pursued his music career and frequently appeared at media conventions for Buffy and Angel and for science fiction and fantasy in general.[8]

Five years after first experiencing heart problems, and after at least three additional hospitalizations, Hallett died from congestive heart failure on March 29, 2009 at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles with his father by his bedside.[9] He was 33 years old."

so no, he died from not brushing his teeth kids

>so no, he died from not brushing his teeth kids
It is well know by all dentists that oral bacteria LOVES to infect heart valves, the only reason it doesn't happen more often is that it is hard for them to get that far. Basically, get tooth ache treated ASAP, don't let the bacteria get into your blood.

Will always be canon in the MCU

>failed so bad that disney had to buy fox to get back xmen
O im lafin

>so no, he died from not brushing his teeth kids

Welp. I'm a dead man then.

Lockjaw ripped ass one day and then all the mutants died. The end. Also Scott was is and always will be right.

It's actually not that uncommon. Virginia Hey, the actress who played Zhaan in Farscape had to leave the show after two seasons because her full-body makeup was causing her kidney problems. Brent Stait, who played Reverend Behemiel/Redplague in Andromeda also had to leave that show after a season and half because his makeup was giving him serious health problems. Both of them did return for single episodes, but their makeup was changed significantly to accommodate the health issues, even just for the one appearance.

>It's already hard enough for the larger public to keep up with the continuity of the now 17 movies of the MCU
No it isn't. About the only 'requirements' so far are that you watched Avengers before Iron Man 3, and Avengers 2 before Civil War.

GotG are dysfunctional like Arrested Development and Malcolm in the Middle. it's funny in a way that people can identify with while keeping sci fi and action motifs

the hollywood pedo ring does not share power

the last jedi was trash

Okay

Inhumans are jews, not muslims. Mutants were the muslims.

Keep up the good work Mouseketeer

It was mostly

>Take cool niche Sci-Fi concept

>Finally have a time where it can appeal to the mainstream (Game of Thrones making royal political intrigue widely interesting

>Fuck it all up and make them wannabe X-Men instead

it would be tragic if it wasn't so hilarious

>Inhumans are the jews

Guess were just gonna skip over THE FLYING GAS CHAMBER OF MUTANT DEATH

But Cyclops is Muh Hitler because he didn't want mutants getting gassed to death right?

Could you imagine the doublethink if Magneto was gassed to death by the cloud?
>The Mutants were the real evil muslim nazis after our sacred gas cloud.
>Everyone looks at Magneto's dessicated and tortured corpse.
>Someone in the background says, "We finally got ya, you old cantankerous oven dodger!"
>Everyone in Marvel goes in panic mode and says it was just a peanut allergy again.

Also with the gas cloud moving back and forth and Israel being a mutant haven in the Marvel universe as they can gain citizenship in exchange for joining the Israeli Defense Force for a few years, how would they react when a bunch of Mutant Jews in Israel die from being gassed to death? Not only would mutants die but weak jewish Inhumans and normal people can have a fatal reaction to it too. Also the jewish inhumans that undergo terrigenesis could become monsters and tear Tel Aviv a new asshole in several minutes flat. Honestly I would have paid to see that, especially if they sent Kamala Khan and Quake as a peacekeepers/cleaners of the mess. It would be a riot, two Muslim Inhumans starting the notInvasion of Israel to take the few jews who are inhuman with them while the rest die from the fart cloud.

Ever read the Jenkins run? It was the complete opposite of that.

A trailer is supposed to attract and highlight what's exciting and worthwhile about the movie/show/game youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ
That said to me that Inhumans is 3rd rate and offers nothing unique or spectacular. The actors are no-namers, the sets/costumes/effects look cheap, the story is ho hum
The reviews come in, and it's exactly as banal as it looked. Inhumans were DOA

>Israel being a mutant haven in the Marvel universe as they can gain citizenship in exchange for joining the Israeli Defense Force for a few years
This sounds interesting to me. Source?

>Quake
>Muslim
What, what?

>and Israel being a mutant haven in the Marvel universe as they can gain citizenship in exchange for joining the Israeli Defense Force for a few year
There should be MULTIPLE nations in Marvel's world that adopt this policy. But if they do that, the prosecution angle falls apart.

Which is why I always think they should have dumped that years ago, and that it is not too late to make changes for the MCU. Don't make nations too stupid to realise the advantage of taking care of willing Mutant soldiers. (Instead of the insane plan to enslave Mutants, which always backfires.)

But you can always just bring up Sublime as an excuse to keep Marvel civies as awful as possible.