Do you think in 2050 when they're still making Scooby Doo movies and reboots...

Do you think in 2050 when they're still making Scooby Doo movies and reboots, their clothing is going to start looking way too outdated?

Trends come and go every 20 years so probably not.

They've updated before. They'll no doubt update again. But so far these tend to resurface.

the only outdated thing is Freds ascot but that's not really a big deal and you could just say it's a bandanna if it bothers you that much

It's gonna be weird and sad when Frank Welker dies. He's been with the franchise since day one.

>shirt
>skirt
>sweater
>pants
I doubt it, honestly.

The studio will just say the show is set in an unspecified point in the past. The audience will just run with it because most people aren't fashion spergs.

whats with the college humor animation at the end?

That's "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!".

I dont understand why they keep making scooby doo content anymoe. Hanna barbera was always shit, especially scooby doo.

time tested formula that continues to get cash

It doesn't really matter, they're just cartoon characters. Those are just their designs.

Why don't people ever include the current movie look in these pictures?

You do it, user. You can be a hero.

Animation standards are falling in favor of cheap production methods. We’re sliding back into the Hanna-Barbera days.

or Apocalypse

The updated Freds without the ascot just look off.

Oldschool HB stuff at least had a certain charm to it.

no
their clothing is iconic and has passed the point of being outdated.

>the newest one literally looks like a Family Guy parody
>except it's not

Except the Family Guy parodies of Scooby-Doo look nothing like that.

So true

>dumb food jokes
>all the monsters are just boring humans, and they mystery gang still assumes each monster is real
Fuck this show, never found the appeal

Oh but they are.. I'm guessing you've never seen it

And yet all future ones returned to shit, regardless of the actually better more mature route this movie was trying to take the series into.

It's more the animated MAD style rather than McFarlane.

>We’re sliding back into the Hanna-Barbera days.
I feel like we're getting worse. Yes, HB animation was utter shit, beyond utter shit. But you knew that if you gave these characters to a competent animator, they COULD look good in motion.

The Be Cool designs however, could have Disney budget and still look fucking disgusting. Look at Family Guy: FG is extremely well animated sometimes (Usually when they are doing slow-mo's with 50,000 frames) and it still looks like trash.

So now rather than good designs but shitty animation, we have shitty designs with below average animation. I feel like the latter is definitely worse.

Jesus what happened in 2014?

They need to make a pup named scooby doo movies .

They did one but it used puppets for some bizarre reason.

... Starting? It already does look outdated. Shaggy is the only one who'd pass as normal today

You mean Velma? Shaggy has bellbottoms on, those aren't baggy pants. Velma's appearance still strikes as a school girl uniform which hasn't changed.

Why do you care about clothing when we all know it's their skin color that's fallen out of style?

2050 Scooby Doo will have a racebent cast.

#BringBackFlimFlam

Where's Red Shaggy?

> I don't like thing so it's bad
no one cares

No, Velma's clearly wearing one of those exaggerated turtleneck sweaters that were only popular in the 60s.

Did that girl get fucking murdered or is it revealed at the end she was a hologram or some other PG shit.

She was killed. And she wasn't the first, or last, murder in Mystery Inc.

>mystery incorporated had everyone in this bizarre modern 70s style
>even the smart phones looked like calculators
I loved it.

>Scooby is just Brian's head pasted on a regular dog's body
Jesus fuck

I actually really liked blue stripe fred

I believe baggy sweaters are popular in Korea. Plus Velma always looked like someone that doesn't understand trends anyway.

I'd be fine with Shaggy becoming Norville Rodriguez.

>scooby thread
>family guy comment on newest scooby
oh good you beat me to it

>2050 Scooby Doo will have a racebent cast.
calling it on the 2020 movie

>the only outdated thing is Freds ascot

This desu

Velma's turtleneck a little but it's mostly just the ascot

Jesus christ. Is the story any good?

I see girls dress like Daphne all the time. She's wearing typical Stacey clothing

Velma will be black

They only dated parts about them are the ascots and van. Apart from that, they wouldn't look that out of place in every other decade past the one they were conceived in.

They're iconic so no

period episodes are good

It's basically proto GF. Take what you want from that.

>Velma will be black

and my cock will be diamond
thicc, snarky suburban genius black girl = good.

I made the mistake of avoiding the showbecause of the art for a while. It's a great show.

The writing in Be Cool is pretty darn good.

>that fucking bait and switch on the wedding cliff

ouch that's a style that doesn't age well.

Asian Velma works well.

It probably has my favorite version of Scooby ever. He's a great dog.

>apocalypse

it's just a sweater
ouch

this

I watched Scooby Doo as a kid and it started to wear on me with the plots and I started to care less and less as time went on. They've made a movie every couple years or so and it wasn't really the same after years and years of content. Mystery Inc was the first time in a good while where I actually got interested in the franchise again, and they decide to follow that up with the worst looking version of Scooby Doo since that weird mid-2000's thing nobody talks about or remembers anymore.
Even the original no-budget series had more going for it in the artstyle than this cheap shit every animation studio seems to be gravitating towards. At least Be Cool only LOOKS like family gay instead of also having the insufferable plotlines

Even then, by becoming outdated it's become an iconic part of his look. Like Mickey Mouses button pants

>We’re sliding back into the Hanna-Barbera days.

I don't know, I'm looking back at the 60's and 70's designs and while a lot was mediocre they have better sense of design than some modern day cartoons.

I loved Scooby Doo since I was a kid, I really did. The mixture of Gothic and detective stories really appealed to me, and it probably started my love for the two genres looking back.

However, MI was about as good a mystery/ homage series as you can get, Be Cool was a surprisingly good self parody, and Zombie Island was a great "Where are they now" type film that pushed the franchise where it needed to go, offered a darker take for adults who watched it when they were younger, and pulled it off perfectly. They'll never top it.

If they never make another SD film/show, I'd not be disappointed. The franchises gone on too long, but thanks to it's length we've gotten pretty much as good as we possibly could get from this IP, theres no where to go, I'd be satisfied.

They'll just get crossed over with the Jetsons. It'll be fine.

>Zombie Island was so successful they are literally still milking it with a new film every year
>Despite that, they completely drop everything that made it great after the witches ghost. Fake monsters, kiddy tone, lack of gothic atmosphere or aesthetic. Pretty much a total devolution
How do you miss the mark that bad?

>Be Cool was a surprisingly good self parody,
I also think that it was a really good straight formula version of the show as well.

Where Are You really is the only one that has that perfect mix of them being out of their depth, somewhat incompetent, and annoying busybodies though. Ended too soon.

Screw you, Cyber Chase was fantastic.

I miss when Scooby Doo had real political content like the Jungle canyon rope bridges

The most outdated thing about them is the fact they're all white

Scooby's brown.

well you've got me there

because it's an old picture now

how can you forget Alien Invaders?