So, was his Spider-Man run so bad as a whole?

So, was his Spider-Man run so bad as a whole?

>was
Did I miss anything?

Some interesting ideas, but turning Peter into a braindead loser with the wit of a fruit made most of the ride insufferable.

Anti-Venom was cool, contrived origin aside.

Slott is leaving Spider-Man, his run is ending on some arc about Carnage/Goblin or something

Literally sounds too good to be true. I might just catch up with ASM so I’m bot out of the loop whenever new guy takes over.

In retrospect? Yeah, it had its moments but it wasn't worth it.

>inb4 slott just transfers his concsiousness into the next writer's brain

He could have left on good terms. He could have left after Spider-Island. He could have left after Ends of the Earth. He could have left after Superior.

But he had to stay on and hold ASM for ransom. And why? For the schekels and power. I hope whoever comes next kills all his OCs and retcons everything he did.

now waiting for someone to wash off the stink.

Yes. He wrote more bad/boring stories than good ones. He had some interesting concepts but executed them horribly.

i thought superior spider-man was awesome

Nah I think it was an ok 6/10. Spider-Verse was one of the worst wastes of potential I’ve ever seen though.

Something tells me it will look very good in hindsight

Ideally, if he left after Spider-Island, I think his run would've been regarded more highly even if flawed.

Ends of the Earth was showing problems, but could be passable. Alpha was bad no matter how that one user (possibly Slott himself) was trying to argue how Alpha was intentionally written as an asshole. And Superior started out getting a lot of attention and had a potentially interesting idea... only for the later half to be infuriatingly bad. And it just kept getting worse post-Superior. Clone Conspiracy angered the Ben Reilly fans like Spider-Verse angered MC2 and other fans, but unlike Spider-Verse didn't get any real boosts from other readers because they didn't care. So it was a lot of anger for nothing.

I think it was poor but had some good stuff in it. I'm glad to see him off the book though because he's been at it for far too long.

He's going to be writing for Iron-Man now.

>Nick Spencer will turn Peter Parker into Spider-#BlackLivesMatterMan like he did to Sam Wilson
I can just picture the cringe....

He should have left after Spider-Verse.

Spider-Island was his highest point. Im actually scared about him going to Iron-Man because he can still troll us using Mary Jane

was this an actual cover? holy shit

I seriously wonder how many times this cover was parodied. Must be hundreds

Well it is iconic. Just like his first time meeting the F4 gets parodied.

I liked Superior Foes

It had its ups and downs, but it was decently fun until the end of Superior Spider-Man. Went to shit real fast after Peter was brought back.

Rich Evans had a Spider-Man run?

Seriously, you just know Tony and MJ are gonna fuck.

Not if Bendis burns everything about that to ashes.

Is that bitch going to get ASM? Or any work really...

The good
>Big Time
>New Ways to Die
>New Ways to Live
>Spider-Island
>Ends of the Earth
The bad
>everything else

We can only hope, Spencer needs a character with good villains to really shine, no offense to Cap, but his villains are kind of boring. If he brings the same kind of flare to ASM that he brought to Superior Foes, Ant-Man and Avengers Standoff then ASM might be the best it’s been in years. I can’t fucking wait.

Thing is, the guy is legitimately one of the best Hank Pym writers ever.
He works great with the offbeat loser scientist. Just give the guy a Pym book.

Would you pay to have Slott write Pymtron?

it was in the beginning and Anna-Marie is perfect

At his worst he was insufferable and at his best he was just kind of boring.

Yes. It was shit through and through.

>If he brings the same kind of flare to ASM that he brought to Superior Foes, Ant-Man and Avengers Standoff
Then it will be unreadable garbage, as bad as Slott's.

>Hating Superior Foes and Ant Man
shit taste

>liking obnoxious "funny" books
You're a part of what is wrong with Marvel.

This guy, right?

I will never not be mad about spider verse. It had the potential to be one of the best spidey comics ever and totally fucking blew it.

I enjoyed it. No complaints.

t. Daniel Slott

Personally, I would buy no fewer than five copies of the next writer's first issue of "Amazing Spider-Man" if his first action was to go and retcon as much of Slott's run as possible, putting Spider-Man as far back to how he was before Slott's run began.

>read his Spider-man/Human Torch mini
>its great, makes me wish he's the next ASM writer after JMS
>One More Day happens
>all the concepts are shit
>then he fully takes over
>it gets even worse
>10 years of god awful writing
What the actual fuck happened?

user...

>actually defending that shit

You went into his run with a negative mindset, came out with negative thoughts. Try re-reading the run with a new outlook

That's because Slott should stick to writing comedic minis.
Pic related for instance is severely underrated

Fucking no.people hate him because hes an asshole.

He literally started the post off with how much he liked one of slotts books and hoped he’d be on ASM. Stop defending that obnoxious fat fuck.

Fuck off, his OC are just side characters with not much screen time.

Alpha being an asshole wasn't a flaw.

Or the future past cover.

i liked spOck and spider verse everything else is subpar

It also wasn't a good story.

Imagine going through life with taste this shit, like damn man, I genuinely feel bad for you for having formed such an opinion.

No, that's on top of it.

It wasn't that bad either.

Overall, yeah, I'd say it was pretty bad, because when it was bad, it was reeeaaally bad.

His Brand new day stories were very hit or miss. New Ways to die was great and so was the nobody dies arc. But there was also the shitty villains known as Screwball and Paperdoll, and the horrible paparazzi arc.

I honestly liked most of Big Time. It wasn't perfect, but there were a lot of good things in it, and a lot of good things that came out of it (Agent Venom, Kaine)

It really started doing a nosedive around #700. A bit before that with Alpha actually.

Slott just started shitting on Peter non stop, and Superior only increased this.

Slott's an idea guy. He's got good ideas but his execution is terrible. Just look at Superior, Spider-verse, Silk, etc

I despised almost everything from Superior onwards.

You're right, it was worse.

Nope, it was from bad to decent. But you wouldn't admit it because your hateboner from Slott.

as a whole yes.
there was good single issues and arcs along the way, especially pre spock. after spock there hasen't been more than a handful of above mediocre issues, and the rest were worse than before.
also as previously stated some good ideas but shit executions, spock was a fun idea but literately every other writer who did stuff with him did it better. only slott himself had to relay on giving everybody stupid pills so they didn't figure it out, and afterwards they still had to take them so they could blame peter for everything.

Yes, he WAY overstayed his welcome.

He had great start up until Ends of the Earth, then polarizing middle until Spider-Verse and everything starting with Spider-Verse has been cancer.

Even then I think everything after Ends of the Earth has been cancer especially Superior Spider-man, but I acknowledge that some people for some reason liked that useless piece of shit story that had zero original ideas, zero character development and it is in its entirety in fact a useless filler and is a root for the worst characterization Black Cat has ever had in her story.

Early Superior Spider-man was great, but then Slott found out that making people angry will generate buzz, so he did stupid shit to piss people off. Then there was the bit where Otto never got found out because everyone around him dropped 20 points in IQ.

>dropped to 20 points IQ
ftfy

Any good predictions on how Peter is going to finally put an end to Norman's shit? I think he's going to be secretly wearing the Anti-Venom symbiote or at least gain it during the fight, maybe Cletus gives Peter help and decides to do the old "If I can't have Carnage then no one can!" routine, I definitely think Norman will be rid of the serum from his body via Anti-Venom somehow.

>Early Superior Spider-man was great, but then Slott found out that making people angry will generate buzz
I don't think you get what Superior Spider-man is, it's in its entirety IS Slott generating buzz.

Amazing Spider-man sales were steadily going down from consistent 80-70k to nearly lower than 50k as it was approaching end of 600s numbering. And the thing is that Amazing Spider-man is a title that should be bringing 100k and up (actually pretty sure that after Superior ended it was 100k and up for like half a year). Superior Spider-man regained those 20 to 30k sales ONLY because of Slott's shitposting throughout (like that time he made video in Marvel's youtube account JUST to lie Peter is dead for good again).

Does this mean does rumors were true? Is Coates going to be on Captain America?

I liked Straczynski alot aside from those Gwen's twins, so I had hopes for Slott, there was so much potential.
I can't really answer without sounding mad.

>Slott's an idea guy. He's got good ideas but his execution is terrible. Just look at Superior, Spider-verse, Silk, etc
This. Everyone who wrote SpOck did it way better than Slott could dream of.

Don't worry Gabby will introduce some real bad brujas for Spidey to pal around with when she takes over.

What even happened to Alpha?
Also EoE Spidey best armoured Spidey

Test

I can't say I enjoyed anything of his run that I've read.
I wasn't following, just when co would fool me into curiosity, so big time, ends of the Earth, some of the alpha stuff i think, spider island, some part of superior, maybe all... None of it was good, just some mediocrity around high concepts.

I feel the same way. People kept telling me that it's good in the early days, but I just felt bored. Everything up to Spider-Island felt very flat and everything after was shit.