Seeing this is half-Sup Forums and half-Sup Forums...

Seeing this is half-Sup Forums and half-Sup Forums, what would happen if this game was made in the modern era of Simpsons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I1kMqBF7XL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It wouldn’t be an arcade phenomenon because everyone has at home gaming consoles.

I'm fairly sure we had those in 1991.

It would be an app.

If it was exactly the same game, but on mobile phones or a pc/console arcade release, would it still be reviewed so positively?

But arcades were still incredibly popular back then as well. I can only imagine how much money I put into The Simpson, TMNT and the many fighting games we had back then

It likely wouldn't be made by Konami, and require microtransactions.

It would have been cancelled for having more fluid animation than the show

Marge wouldn't have rabbit ears for one.

they'ed make it a phone game, with micro transactions and ads everywhere.

They did.

youtube.com/watch?v=I1kMqBF7XL8

But they never made a console version of this because Acclaim owned the license for Simpsons console games, there were only a couple of shitty PC ports.

>Play as Homer and 3 celebrities with up to 4 players!

that is horrid

I think that was a callback to Life is Hell.

If there was a modern equivalent to a Konami-style beat em up, it would probably be by Platinum

Marge was originally supposed to be hiding the bunny ears with her weird hair in the show as well. An idea that was left by the wayside.

Just like Homer being Krusty

It's so fucking bizarre to turn The Simpsons into a side-scrolling beat-'em-up and I love it.

P A C H I N K O
A
C
H
I
N
K
O

that is really funny and makes me want a Life is Hell animated sitcom.

This makes Flanders Killer 7 look good.

Nobody would have ever heard of it because arcades are dead in the US

Nobody would play it because no one goes arcades anymore

>with micro transactions
At least one thing stays the same

When I saw OP's picture I got excited and thought they were making a Simpsons Comic based around the story of the arcade game. But no...

It would have many references to great episodes but even more to lame ones! that's why "The Simpson Hit and Run" was perfect, in 2003 the Simpson were already bad but was the beginning.

Virtual Springfield was amazing too, was in 1997 (Simpson in their prime!), but I don't consider it 100% a game.

I miss the old promo art for simpsons.

Is there a reason that Bart wears different colors when he appears on merchandising? I remember tons of officially licensed shirts back in the day sporting Bart only in the blue shirt.

I want to say it'd be essentially this game. I played the PS2 version 10 years ago and I remember it being filled with bad jokes and tedious gameplay, I still beat it though.

Think of Mario Run, but with the Simpsons and much greedier microtransactions.

Why havent they made an episode/THoH segment about this yet? was this not etched into the main crew's memory? they even voiced the thing.

id like to see a modern take on Crazy smithers, and a 4 against 1 on Baron von brawn

Most of those Acclaim Simpsons games were terrible. They milked the license for all it was worth.

A King of the Hill arcade game would be awesome. Dale's special move would be Pocket Sand.

it would be awful to contrl on a phone

>Virtual Springfield
Shit, is that worth the time to dust up a copy and try it out?

At one point, Matt pitched an idea where Life is Hell took place in the same universe as the Simpsons and the rabbits lived in the ghetto. The idea was that Marge was disguising herself as a human so she didn't have to live in the ghetto.

The rest of the show's staff quickly informed him that the idea was fucking stupid and it was never brought up again outside of the arcade game.

I always did think Bart's Nightmare and Virtual Bart weren't too bad but the NES games were absolute dogshit. The depressing thing is I remember actually beating Bart Vs The World as a kid; the game was frustratingly difficult due to the awful controls.

It's the most fitting representation of 2010's Simpsons.

Sterile design, stiff animation, and shits on your memory of the 90's stuff.