There are people on this board right now that think Spider-Man homecoming is better than Spider-Man (2002)

There are people on this board right now that think Spider-Man homecoming is better than Spider-Man (2002)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wes8IR-yGrU&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We hate spiderman

no shit

this place is brimming with retards. its a giant cup full of retards with them spilling out of the top. autistically screeching as they drip down the side

toby's spiderman is a doughy flabby embarrassment.

I don't like any spiderman, but I actually like Toby's the best because i like when i can make fun of him.

I drink your milkshake.

there are people on this board right now who belong on Sup Forums

I think both are good
I’m just glad to see an interesting non origin Spider-Man film
Spider-Man 2 was cool, but the best part about it wasn’t Spider-Man

I think that was the aim with them
1 was about Spider-man
2 was about Peter
3 was about the people around both of them
And Tobey did a 11/10 job at being Peter.

I enjoyed all the Spidermans.

Suck it, Sup Forums

Blow it out your ass. It's a a comic book movie, it's allowed.

>I had a führer his name was Ben Kike killing Parker!
Jesus I’m suprised Rami changed it back in the directors cut

I thought a lot of people didn't want a retread of the Uncle Ben stuff no?

You don't have to show him getting shot again, but you also don't have to completely ignore the fact he existed. He's only the major motivating factor for Peter becoming a hero, instead they went with pleasing Mr. Stark and becoming an Avenger as his motivations and it really cheapens the character desu.

The whole point of the movie is that Peter wants to become an Avenger because it's the superhero career progression, but he ultimately realizes that 1) He's not ready for "the big leagues" and 2) If he becomes an Avenger, who's going to look out for the little guy?

I don't understand how people have trouble grasping this, but then again, I don't understand how some people can eat onions either

>but then again, I don't understand how some people can eat onions either
I'm sorry but what?

That doesn't dispute anything in my post. He may realize that those motivations are not for him at the end of the movie, but they ate still his motivations.

Are you really this stupid? The part in Civil War when he says "When you can do the things I can, but you don't and then the bad things happen. They happen because of you" is clearly him talking about Uncle Ben.

There are people who are so slow they need to have Uncle Ben's death spoonfed to them.

I guess the HOMECOMING scene was too subtle for people with autism.

>clearly
Then why treat him like Lord Voldemort?

Because unlike you we don't need shit spoonfed to us.

>after all she's been through
She could have had a bad week at work, gotten mugged on the subway, or could have a heart condition, we don't know. What we do know is that there is no conclusive proof that Ben Parker existed in the MCU.

It's not about spoonfeeding it's about getting the character right.

>Idiots constantly claim there is no depth to MCU films
>Can't even recognize the clear references to Uncle Ben that aren't even that subtle

Don't be a dumbass, you know what they meant.

with that logic people should be free to discuss anime and cartoons on Sup Forums because both of those things are televised

All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a Spider-Man who cared more about making sure other's didn't have to lose an Uncle Ben than impressing Iron Man.

Read the rules faggot

If only he declined to join the Avengers at the end of the movie so he can continue being street level and help people..... oh wait he did.

That doesn't change his motivation for the other 99% of the movie.

Caramelized onions are the shit

Sup Forums - Television & Film
>Content should pertain to television shows, movies, actors/actresses, film equipment, etc.
>All actress and actor discussion should pertain directly to their roles and careers. Off-topic discussion will be deleted.
>Global Rule 13 applies—all images of actresses should be accompanied by relevant discussion.
>Please make use of the spoiler image checkbox and spoiler tags. Purposeful spoiling of a series or movie is not allowed.
Sup Forums is free game

>it’s another Spider-Man origin needs to be spoonfed to the audience because normies don’t already know that story

Also the line in Homecoming about Peter not wanting to tell May he’s Spider-man because he doesn’t want to put her through that after everything that’s happened. My nine year old cousin knew Peter was talking about Uncle Ben

By reiterating information from five previous movies yet again?

>ITT: Mouseketeers defending Iron Man Jr. At all costs

Why doesn't Peter seem to care that his uncle died?

Do they bring the boys to the yard?

Do you think he should constantly mope about it even though it happened months ago?

Yeah, I guess your right and besides Tony Stark is a much better father figure than whatshisname.

They don't mean actual depth or subtlety. What they're looking for is the themes of the movie directly spoon-fed to them in a character's monologue like in the Christopher Nolan Batman movies.

I remember when trolling was a art

That's not the point.

The lifting rubble scene is supposed to be him finding the strength inside himself from his loved ones and his responsibility to them.

The movie absolutely butchers that message by clearly stating Peter is able to muster the strength to move the rubble because he wants to prove himself to Tony, an utterly selfish message.

I didn't really like Tobey. He was never quipy like spider-man should be and most of his interactions as Peter made me cringe. He also acted super autistic half the time.

just thought I should post this to remind some of you guys

Did Raimi Parker forgot that he acutally has a real father?

>3 was about the people around both of them
What a load of bullshit.

i guess they should replace every quip with uncle ben references.

So you needed that bit spelled out...

That’s not what he said

These were funny once... but it was a long time ago

He might've had a father, but Uncle Ben was his daddy.

>Spider-Man homecoming
You mean Iron Man 5?

Epic memage, bro.

We all know that Spider-man 1 and 2 will always be one of the best comic book movies ever, but that also doesn't mean the movies aren't flawed. Especially, what with how bad Tobey's Parker was and how anti-social/nonfriendly it was sometimes.

I mean, Homecoming also has some issues what with how diverse and out of canon sometimes the cast is, but Keaton's Vulture, Liz, and Tom Holland manage to make the movie work and not let Homecoming become the same kind of disaster than SM3 and the whole TASM movies.

Also let"s be honest, people love to hate on MCU's Iron Manlet too much, and while he earned that hate through his fuck-ups, RDJ was good on his 15 minutes of cameos.

Yeah the tony stark fellation was pretty terrible.

MCU Stark is not someone who should be in charge of a young hero.

UncleBenfags go away.
No Spider-Man movie is great, Spider-Man 2 was good at the time, the new one is meh.

I am pretty sure the movie did portray him as ill-fit for a father figure? He was hardly around, and when he was there he was constanly patronizing towards Peter and gave him a dressing down for an incident that, if it happened to any other superhero (and it would!), he wouldn't even utter a peep. And despite the fact Peter handled the situation pretty well.

>all your bitching won't change a thing
Best timeline. Stay mad

Name one scene form Homecoming that is better than this
youtube.com/watch?v=Wes8IR-yGrU&t=2s
Also aunt May in Homecoming was trash

Spiderman 1 and 2 are the only superhero movies I ever loved. 2 in particular is just flat out one of my favorite movies in general.

his UNCLE was named Ben Parker you illiterate fuck. Even normies know that.

>First Spider-Man movie without an official game tie-in
It still hurts

It's the fucking opposite, the rubble scene (in the movie) was about how he doesn't have to prove shit to anybody. Throughout the movie he was worried about joining the big leagues and all but seeing his face reflecting near the mask made him understand he doesn't need any Avengers bullshit to do what he does

it is better than the original I wouldn't say it's better than Spider-Man 2 though

Like, you even have Tony's quote spelling out the point of the scene for retards
>If you can't do the job without my fancy suit then you're not Spiderman
Or something like that. But I guess that's what tricks contrarians, it's a quote from Tony so it must mean Peter is saving his skin so he can be a better bootlicker...?

The movie basically proves that Peter is not ready to be any sort of hero yet. In Civil War, he was tanking "big leaguers", but in this movie he can't stop 4 guys with a glow gun. At every step of the way, he needs outside help and a lot of luck. So if his superhero career progression effectively disproves his capability, how are we supposed to call him a superhero?

The first spiderman movie was pretty shitty.

One long string of puberty jokes and product placement. Defoe hams it up for one good scene but the rest are shit.

What the fuck do you expect from modern day marvel on modern day Sup Forums on this autistic modern age earth.

These newfucks haven't even read more that 100 issues of any comic book series

That fat wimpy little shit is no Flash Thompson

When was the last decent Spider-Man game anyways. The last one I played was spiderman 3, I heard all the more recent ones were wank and it put me off it making the investment.

>Civil War, a fight where none of the combatants wanted to cause serious harm to eachother
>Homecoming where every group of guys he intercepts are completely willing to murder him

Yeah it's crazy how that happened. You're also conveniently forgetting that in Civil War he got the breaks beat off of him the moment he stopped swinging.

Homecoming is still worse.

It was said that Michelle is NOT actually this universe's MJ right?

sure user...

That's because Spider-Man was god tier. Homecoming is generic.

When Spider-Man first came out he was a teenager, but he was on his own. Before this teenage superheroes were always sidekicks and nothing else. Now guess what happens when your Spider-Man movie focuses on Spider-Man trying his best to become Tony Stark's sidekick? That's right, you completely miss the whole point of Spider-Man.

Instead of Uncle Ben being the mentor character whose death due to Peter's reckless and irresponsible behavior teaches him a lesson he carries with him and imparts unto others, we get an entire film where Peter learns about responsibility at the hands of Tony - which is fine, since it attempts something different with the origin story. Where it fails is actually being a meaningful character arc for Peter. The third act is basically Peter left to his own devices since Tony is ignoring him so it becomes one of those "adult doesn't listen to kid, even though he's right about something" stories and through the continued "recklessness" of the kid, the day is saved, which proves to the adult that they were wrong and should trust the kid more. The only sense of Peter learning anything is rejecting the new suit and becoming a full-fledged Avenger, which is a superficial attempt at showing character development. Basically, Peter learns that his way works.

So, yeah, if we're saying the whole point of the story was for Peter to stop depending on others - it works. He becomes his own man. But I guess the criticism is kind of like those criticizing "Man of Steel" and "Batman v. Superman" for doing something perceived to be contrary to the character of Superman.

Personally, I think they should have gone with the social media angle that Pascal suggested, albeit in a different way: Spider-Man using his powers to stop crime but at the same time to boost his own fame, escalating into more daring and dangerous situations which actually puts others at risk. By the end he learns what it actually means to be a hero (put others above your own interests). Simple.

Marvel's Spider-Man simply played it too safe. Raimi's films were pushing new ground! For instance, who could forget the scene where Norman Osborn raped Mary-Jane in front of Peter, called him a "cuck nigger jew faggot" and then nuked North Korea. You will never see a superhero film in 2018 which is willing to dive so deeply into the comics lore.

Fuck, Toby can't act wet in a thunderstorm.

Civil War could've really tipped the scales and changed the dynamics in the MCU but instead it chose to play it so safe that the confrontation seemed more like play-fighting. There were no stakes, nothing dramatic about any of it.

Tony should have descended into a control freak - yes, even after his creation of Ultron backfired. The Registration Act is perhaps another necessity in order to guarantee safety of the planet. He sees himself as a humanitarian whereas Team Cap see him as somebody attempting to monitor and enslave the population; both actually want the same thing, just different ideologies of achieving it. Tony would genuinely see Team Cap as a threat to the safety of the planet, to be captured at any cost. In the comics he made some Thor clone - the film could have used a similar element (perhaps the inclusion of Spider-Man, a kid, in his cause). Steve's letter at the end of the film would have had much more of an impact because he would essentially wonder if he's gone too far - leading to Infinity War in which the two sides set aside their differences and come together to fight Thanos. Tony would realize the in-fighting only diverted his attention from defending the planet; that he achieved the very opposite of what he intended.

Holland pls

The comics made Tony a retard, I'm glad the movie made Tony far more reasonable. It's safe but in the context of the movies his more resigned acceptance because of his sins makes more sense than turning full control freak

>the confrontation seemed more like play-fighting

It was. They pretty much said it was in the film. If the fight was serious then Vision could've nuked everyone out in 5 minutes, assuming he took 4 minutes to to stretch.

>Tony should've done a bunch of horrible irredeemable shit and did a complete 180 when he got a soppy letter from Cap

No

There is, or was, no Uncle Ben in the MCU. Only Tony Stark.

They insist she's her own character and not a romantic interest (so far at least), and that the MJ nickname was more of a simple nod. Now wether said character is meant to replace the "real" MJ or not is another question. Maybe they wanted to test the waters? Thing is they're still keeping the J part a mystery, leading people to speculate that maybe she's a Jameson and thus Peter's ticket to the Bugle, if anything, but we simply don't know

(you)

Homecoming sucks
a superhero isn't a superhero unless they are unhealthily fixated on a dead family member or parent figure

if your parents aren't deeeeaaaaaaddd then you can't fight crimes

""""Right.""""

>Spider-Man using his powers to stop crime but at the same time to boost his own fame, escalating into more daring and dangerous situations which actually puts others at risk. By the end he learns what it actually means to be a hero

That just makes him Booster Gold.

It's almost like it was character development

Ben death was literally the only reason why Spider-Man turned into a hero you Sup Forums casual.

That decision cost more lives than saved, helping the avengers mean saving entire cities and even the world.

So yeah your point is retarded.NEXT

Thanks, Batman!

>he doesn’t know

If you’re gonna shitpost, know what you’re shitposting about.

More like going back to the beggining and making the entire story pointless.

How was it pointless?

You could make arguments as to which is the better film, but there's no question that Homecoming is the better Spider-Man story.

Spiderman 2 > Spiderman > Electro > Homecoming > Lizard >>>> shit > Spiderman 3

Still accurate.

>Spiderman 3
The director's cut is better than Homecoming tho

What is best Sup Forums Spiderman?
No live action Sup Forums shit