What does Sup Forums think of Klaus?

>"It's Santa Claus, but BADASS!!!!!!"
The cringe is strong here. Morrison is such a fucking idiot.

Cringy post, familia

It has become a great christmas tradition
I hope he will keep doing one-shots

Wow, I didn't know this high levels of autism were possible.

Try actually reading it autismo

The latest one was a bit weak due to being weighed down by Sequel/Prequel Hooks. Although it made me curious as to what Anti-Krampus was like in Dark Klaus' universe

What do you think of it, motherfucker?

Why the fuck should I read it? The premise is utter trash, so it's a waste of time. And it's Morrison, so it's not going to be a case of bad premise, surprisingly good execution, not from the attention whoring Hypercrisis guy.

Bad premise surprisingly good execution is exactly what this comic is.

>Grant Morrison
>good
See, that's where you lose me. I'd be inclined to believe you that gritty Santa origin was actually not total shit, if it was under a different writer. All one can ever reasonably expect from Morrison is him jerking off to his DEEP and MEANINGFUL deconstructive symbolism like a fuckin' twat.

I could see Busiek delightfully taking the piss with this, but he's half dead and barely able to work anymore, so that ain't happening.

Male Wonder Woman?

>>Grant Morrison
>>good
>See, that's where you lose me.
See, that's where you lose me.

>MUH METATEXT
Animal Man was decades ago, and Multiversity is the most pretentious and self congratulatory piece of trash I've ever seen. Morrison fucking sucks, mate.

At least you didn't shittalk Animal Man.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

That's because Buddy becoming aware that he's a fictional character was actually a clever and interesting twist at the time. Nobody's going to, say, shittalk The Great Darkness Saga because Darkseid has become overused since then.

No, the issue is that Grant cannot let that shit go, and keeps trying to replicate the same magic as "I can see you!". Dude needs to stop giving in to his reputation as 'the meta guy', and just tell some actual stories already.

That's one of the reasons I really enjoyed Wonder Woman Earth One. It's like, oh hey, you CAN just tell a simple story. And look at that, it turned out to be pretty good. Well done. Keep that up.

I dunno man, Animal Man is one of his best, but Flex, ASS, and the BatEpic before Inc spiraled into mediocrity are also very good.

It's been one of my favorite comics for the past few years.

All Star Superman was a normal story though, and wasn't trying to be some ubermeta deconstruction or the like. It was just Superman at the base level. Any time Morrison tries to be "clever", it falls flat and reeks of trying way too hard.

It's a fun annual read

Jesus, go away.

i think it was pretty good

>"Ugh, go away, shitlord. This is a safe space!"
Fuck off. Morrison could be so much better if he threw the meta shit in the trash where it belongs. If you like a person's work, you do them a disservice by attempting to silence criticism.

>criticism
>I don't like it so it's BAAADD

I love it. The stories are good and the art is absolutely gorgeous. I look forward to a new Klaus story each year now.

If your criticism is only about the fact that Morrison tries too much with metanarrative then you should actually try Klaus.

>If he ditched the meta shit he would be a better writer
This is exactly him doing that, now not giving Klaus a shot would be hypocritical, wouldn't it?
Seems more like you used it as an excuse to rant about Morrison.

It's not criticism if you haven't read it. It's just shitposting.

I liked the first one and will read the more recent comic eventually.

One of Morrison's worst. Utterly uninspired.

And I say that as a Morrison fan.

Give one reason why perma-banning this thread derailing shitposting retard wouldn't instantly make Sup Forums a higher quality board.

So when does he actually become Santa Claus and stop from being this generic looking barbarian character? The latest comic was set in modern times and he still looks the same.

I loved it, I really hope he keeps up with the yearly oneshots, it's become a tradition of mine to read it each Christmas. Mora is fantastic, I bet he'd do great on a batman book

>"Anyone who has a different opinion than me should be permabanned."
I was under the impression that Sup Forums was against the whole "safe space" thing. Guess not.

Kill yourself. It has nothing to do with your opinions, it has to do with how you proudly express your proudly uninformed opinions like a retard and it lowers the quality of the thread and the board.

Morrison's attempt to get a movie or TV deal.

Disliking Grant Morrison due to his obnoxious fixation on metatext and thinking he's more clever than he actually is counts as an "uninformed" opinion, does it? Sure thing, pal.

How was Multiversity self-congratulatory?

And what about his dozens of other works?
Hell he was part of 52, the best big2 comic event story ever made.

Multiversity just doesn't sit right with me. It reads like the writer is desperately trying to tell you how much of a fucking genius he is. The Empty Hand especially is just the dumbest goddamned thing, almost Superboy Prime levels of "DO YOU GET IT?".

>And what about his dozens of other works?
What about them? You may not like it, and will undoubtedly come up with all manner of excuses and philosophy to claim otherwise, but a person's work will always be colored by who they are. Morrison is a pretentious deconstructionalist, and this fact will always be at the back of the reader's mind while reading one of his stories. That's just how it is.

low I.Q. post
That "fact" obviously isn't in the back of the mind of people who like Morrison.

That's because Morrison fans apparently refuse to acknowledge his flaws. Pitiful.

>It reads like the writer is desperately trying to tell you how much of a fucking genius he is.
I didn't get that impression at all from the comic, the fuck are you on about?

>>"Anyone who has a different opinion than me

Shitposters automatically run to that phrase as their shield

Let's see what posted

>"It's Santa Claus, but BADASS!!!!!!"
>The cringe is strong here.
>Morrison is such a fucking idiot.

Nope, nothing about complaining about metatext here or "thinking he's more clever than he actually is"

It's pretty Meh, Not bad mind you just Meh. But I think it would have been better if the evil creature wasn't some Lovecraft bullshit and Klaus didn't get cuck but then again if it didn't have those two things then this wouldn't be a Grant book

>It reads like the writer is desperately trying to tell you how much of a fucking genius he is.

Funny because your posts is like you desperately trying to tell you how much smarter you are than Grant Morrison. "METATEXT IS BAD, DO YOU GET IT? HERE'S A MUH"

>You may not like it, and will undoubtedly come up with all manner of excuses and philosophy to claim otherwise,

Just like how you don't like his comics, and will undoubtedly come up with all manner of excuses and philosophy to claim it's still bad, just like you always do in the threads you show up.

Everyone here acts like their opinions are beyond reproach, so of course that's gonna get called out during an argument. It's blatantly on display in this thread, with Morrison-fags behaving as though calling out his annoying tendencies is akin to blasphemy. There's absolutely no room for discussion because any and all criticism is shut out, hands over ears. It's fucking ridiculous.

You’re all welcome to voice your dissenting opinions. That doesn’t mean any of us has to accept them or care what you say. Accept the consequences of your actions.

Projection.
Grant Morrison is probably the least egotistical mainstream writer there is. He's just a Scottish drug addict who thinks magic and superheroes are cool. You're mistaking weird and trippy self-referential premises for pride when that's just how ideas work when you use psychedelic drugs and entertain yourself with already pretty weird to begin with topics like talking with gods or saving the world with superhuman abilities.

This is absolutely a case of Grant thinking he's ever. Fact is, "badass Santa" has been done before. Many times. Hell, it's practically a cliche.

Metatext IS bad. I'm well aware that I'm reading a fucking comic book, and I don't give a shit about your deconstruction, or your DEEP themes and allusions and recurring motifs. Just tell a damn story.

>m-muh contrarianism
You don't even hate Grant Morrison you just hate consensus.

Nobody except you is calling self-referential fantasy stories deep. It's just an interesting theme, people write about it and read about it because it's entertaining, not to try to prove they're "deep."

It’s not very good to be honest

Has Hiro fixed the damn servers yet?

You know, I feel like I've read this post a few times before. I wonder if it's that one fag from every Klaus thread.

Is that why I can't post images? And posting normal text is kinda tough?
>reads like the writer is desperately trying to tell you how much of a genius he is
I didn't read it like that at all, desu. Empty Hand doesn't read that way, but you could argue that Cap Atom and Ultra do. It almost sounds like you came into this thread with the express intent of yelling about how Morrison sucks, whichever way you can.

Site's been borked for a good chunk of the day. Pain in the ass.

someone storytime please

No it's shit

I thought it was pretty mediocre. Sure, badass Santa has some potential as a concept but Morrison executed it in one of the worst ways possible. My main problem with Klaus is that the titular character has almost nothing to do with his namesake. He's more similar to a Conan that happens to make toys than an actual Santa Claus. Visually, he's just some generic fantasy hero and never really grows into the position we all know and love. The most we get is some white streaks in his hair and some read in his clothing, that's about it. I can understand not wanting to straight up ape the traditional pop-culture depiction of Santa Claus but just creating some Game of Thrones reject and calling him Santa Claus is kind of boring. The story itself is all over the place. His origin story is basically an edgier version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and the later two stories are just kind of a random mish-mash of half-baked concepts.