despite being so juvenile

Yes

she was thicc af

Underrated cutie

I preferred her when she was Holli Would

She's cuter in Coonskin

Everything can be seen as problematic if you look into it hard enough

YOU ALL BLACK NIGGAS!

Yes it is, its also art. To a degree it should be problematic.

Bakshi grew up in the ghetto and hanged out with black people for most of his child/teenhood. I'd doubt that he'd do it for any other reason than to display a point.

Its artsy fartsy like that.

no love for American Pop

NIGHT MOVES!!!

my dude!

This is basically Bakshki in a nutshell to be honest

'Hey Good Lookin' is underrated. imo its his best film on a technical level, animation-wise, even more so than Fire and Ice.

While I don't necessarily disagree, I think real mastery on the technical level is not really what I enjoy about Bakshi films.
I much more enjoy the things that are stylistically novel but maybe only kind of work.
Like the animation over photographic background frames in Coonskin or the high contrast film cel over animation in Wizards

I mean, it's arguably one of his funniest, if not the funniest of his, films.

The dellusion that blacks are above caricature or just being the bad guys in fiction is the problem

Wasn't this meant to be a parody of exploitation films and black stereotypes in films?

>Draw a cartoony caricature of this guy without making it "racist".

What do?

The main character wasn’t the bad guy

Hm, I actually don't think this would be offensive but I also never gave a shit about that so I'm not sure.

Here’s another one

I can draw one myself if you’d like tho I’m not a caricature artist.

I liked the paintings from American pop

Tumblr made a ridiculously racist one that got passed around in the last RAGE thread alongside Fish Kylo

>ITT white people struggle to figure out what it is black people find offensive

It's all very funny, to me.

The race that chucked themselves. Soy Boy nations

Well, we get mixed opinions. Many black people who didn't watch the movie were extremely unfriendly towards it, many black people who watched it enjoyed it.

To me, its simple. If the character a person with human motivations and behaviors, it’s not offensive. If the character is a non-person with inhuman motivations and behaviors, it’s offensive.

I guess I've put off seeing Hey Good Looking for too long.

Curb your expectations please. You'll have more fun if you just let it be a goofy, violent Grease parody like Ralph intended. It's stupid, but it's not flagrantly bad or awful.

Is rap culture going to be considered racist to black people in 20 years?

>Was it problematic?
Perhaps, but more to the point it was nonsencial and a movie that was only half done

>Is rap culture going to be considered racist to black people in 20 years?
Gangsta rap was always racist, the pro black pro positivity pro consciousness movement was killed because of it, gangsta rap and basically all modern rap culture is just a reinforcement of negative stereotypes, self loathing, and jail culture

Yeah, but it makes niggas rich. Next you'll be saying teh NBA is problematic.

That analogy makes no sense.

He's just shitposting, user. Leave him be

I'm pretty conflicted on this. Because on one hand the movie didn't exactly feel racist (and I really liked it). On the other hand Bakshi lived in the hood for like 4 months and thinks it made him black.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Bakshi#Early_Life

Also this is one of my favorite clips ever
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d02eaGpIGME

Goddamn feminists

Merigold??

I love this scene, wish they'd release the soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=GmWoNohhXBE

>Just about the entire cast/crew outside of Bakshi were black
No more problematic than The Boondocks

He's transnigger.

And miss America
And all those mafia guys

>NAACP officially supports this movie as “difficult satire”
You tell me.

No, but i can see a vocal minority of ignorant niggers hate on it if it got more attention this day of age.