OK K.O.! Let's Play Heroes Thread

>While we are mid hiatus, OK K.O.! Let's Play Heroes launches Tonight/Tomorrow. >Who's excited?
>Who isn't?

Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/680700/OK_KO_Lets_Play_Heroes/
PlayStation (isn't up on PSN Store as far as I can tell):
playstation.com/en-us/games/ok-ko-lets-play-heroes-ps4/
Xbox:
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/ok-ko-lets-play-heroes/c2gg08db7wtt

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?t=1302s&v=0Q3vx0M9k9c
twitter.com/RebelTaxi/status/955524368569860096
twitter.com/ianjq/status/955598070036676608
twitter.com/ianjq/status/955616659888156672
theverge.com/2017/8/4/16096886/cartoon-network-ok-ko-lets-be-heroes-show-game
twitter.com/ianjq/status/955672471037927425
3wisellamas.tumblr.com/post/167805444946
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mid hiatus
>mid
MID?!

What would Travis Touchdown's Hero/Villain Level be?

Why is Ian so full of this "bad, awful art is good art" bullshit? The game looks like trash. Even mobile and flash games look are better. It's because he is fat and ugly?

(OP)
BOING! JUMP! I'M A KANGAROO!
It should always be my turn! But games dont work like that, huh?
Damn! Those be some biiiig tittays!

I really don't understand the issue with just using the same art style as the show. I was completely turned off from Save the Light with the whole beady eye shit.

That art style hurts my eyes. If the game is free then it'll be worth a try.

maybe to help it become more than just another "vidya based on a cartoon"?

a generation of 2d to 3d games was hard enough

It's literally just using the distance shot designs, doing it in original style on mobile is far more taxing on the device and crew.

I'd be excited if the art style was anywhere close to the quality of the boxart.

Because it is an excuse to be lazy.

Anyone have an idea how much the soundtrack will cost? I like the music from the show but the fact that it's orchestrated for the episode rather than a library of tracks makes it annoying to listen to.

>
Release Date:
Coming Soon!

Anybody else?

OK K.O! vs Captain Planet
OK K.O! vs Power Puff Girls
OK K.O! vs Steven Universe
OK K.O! vs TMNT
OK K.O! vs Sonic
OK K.O! vs Batman
OK K.O! vs Devilman

>it's another cover art looks great but the actual game looks like trash indie title

Yawn. I suppose it's not 8-Bit at the very least.

it's handdrawn and stylized. there's even a place where you walk down an aisle

the animation is too good for a trash indie title

What the fuck are you talking about? The animation and the art are both shit

at least it gets re-runs

Because he is not part of the hive-mind and actually thinks for himself

(hideous) artstyle aside, game looks like its gonna be repetitive as fuck, just fighting the same 4 or 5 boxmore robots over and over again, with the character summon attacks a cheap attempt at adding variety (without adding more playable characters)

>ranking crossovers from most to least likely

would travis even qualify as a hero or a villain? would he even count as an anti hero?

I'm excited, but why are they not promoting it? Where is the price, the reviews, etc? How long will game take to beat

January is a rough time for a hiatus.
m.youtube.com/watch?t=1302s&v=0Q3vx0M9k9c

Apparently the pizza cuck has a review copy twitter.com/RebelTaxi/status/955524368569860096

we get enough of your shitty threads when the show's playing, faggot
we don't need more now that it has a hideous video game. fuck off to sperg at other Sup Forumsirgins

I want to lewd Dendy

Don't lewd dendy.

It should be up in about three hours or sometime tomorrow. Radio silence from both Ian JQ and Capybara Games.

I lie, he just tweeted about it twice...
twitter.com/ianjq/status/955598070036676608
twitter.com/ianjq/status/955616659888156672

Apparently has been in development since 2015. I hope the game is good and isn't another cheap Sup Forums bargain bin game

is the gap in carol's teeth just that or she's missing a tooth?

Ian's mentioned in interviews that development of the game and production of the show were done in parallel with assets shared bewteen both crews (show crew get access to game assets, game crew get access to storyboards and designs): the idea being for mutual inspiration

i'm sure the 2015 just refers to the plan for cartoon series/app games/youtube shorts/console game being drawn out three years ago. i doubt this game was in actual production for longer than 12 months.

theverge.com/2017/8/4/16096886/cartoon-network-ok-ko-lets-be-heroes-show-game
>The OK KO show debuted on the Cartoon Network this week, and the game is expected to launch later this fall. But unlike most tie-in game projects, the two are inextricably linked. The show and game were created simultaneously, with the teams collaborating on ideas and sharing progress along the way. As new episodes of the show were completed, they influenced the game; as the game continued to progress, some of its ideas made their way into the show. “We didn’t want to make something that felt like they were following our lead, or we were following their lead,” says Jones-Quartey.
plus the show began boarding late 2015 (Just Be a Pebble, the first ep produced, began boarding in November '15)
game probably started production around that time (in other words, not a whopping 3 years, but twice the time frame you assumed)

twitter.com/ianjq/status/955672471037927425

all his shit looks like the 100 other calarts shows on tv now

Got the game tonight. It's VERY fun. racking up huge combos is fun as fuck

The art style is pretty offensive.

The art style isn't as bad as it looked in the trailer but overworld player model looks like crap. I still don't understand why they couldn't just use the shows art style.

Here's something neat. The Pow Card machine has a keypad with various symbols. This is where you can enter those sequences of symbols hidden throughout episodes. Here's an archive or almost all of them 3wisellamas.tumblr.com/post/167805444946

Oh wow, that's really cool.