ITT:

Shows where the first season is kino and leagues above the rest. I'll start.

Rick And Morty

They made Billy too obnoxious in later seasons but it never made me stop enjoying it.

No.

Wrong.

Dead fuckin' wrong.

Steven Universe

This. Rick and Morty was fun for a single season and then success made it shit.

The first season is the only one I've liked. Bummer. I miss Rick's old characterization.

Steven Universe

The first episode of Grim is the absolute worst.

steven universe

You think season 2 or 3 is better than anything in season 1?

Didn't mean to post twice. I keep getting time-out errors

I've been watching SU since the beginning. I want to watch the show, but the hiatuses are so bad that I've lost all interest.

Also did anyone have some issues posting? I had to clear my cache just to stop getting a connection error

Fairly Odd Parents

In what sense?

Writing, voice acting, and characterization.

Steven Universe

Probably chowder

MLP: Friendship Is Magic

Thundercats reboot (the first episode)

The Boondocks.
Season two was solid, but it wasn’t Season 1.

Billy and Mandy got better as it built upon itself.

t. The Grim Reaper

Adventure Time.

Was fun for the first season, but it slowly but surely started getting too deep into lore starting in Season 2

The pilot is legit one of the worst pilots I've ever seen. I can't believe it got greenlit, though I'm very glad it did. Who would have fuckin' thought we'd get a show that good from something that bad?

Yeah, seeing his as this genius old man who could be caught off guard at times forcing him to run for his life was great. Hell, I just miss seeing Rick scared of something.

This. Season 1 was consistently good, where as the later seasons were largely hit and miss.

Xiaolin Showdown. You can actually tell that something is off only a few minutes into the second season.

If you mean the pilot season on OYC, yes.

I miss the somewhat happier/sillier tone of Season 1. Season 2 and 3 made everyone a bunch of melodramatic cuntbags.

I think the later seasons were objectively better because their characterization was more fleshed out and the humor was able to evolve and take advantage of their massively conflicting personalities. That being said, I can't help but prefer the first season, where they generally got along and seemed like actual friends instead of a greedy asshole bossing around a bitchy wimp and a retard. There was a sort of charm to them just being troublemakers, and there was still a good bit of comedy in them just being socially inept and misinterpreting the situation.

I remember thinking the Crystal Gems were gonna turn out to be like the Jedi or something, and the show would transition into Steven and co. going around the galaxy doing cool shit and meeting new alien people and fighting evil magic monsters. Little did I know Sucrose was gonna turn it into the most generic evil sci-fi empire bullshit possible. RIP magic shenanigans.

Yep. It was funny in its first season, and Rick wasn't some kind of an invincible man then.

>those disgusting webcomic-tier OCs

Yeah, Season 1 of SU gave the show a lot of promise. It's a shame how squandered it all was.

It started to ramp up and get interested but then they started bogging it down with teen drama, B-list characters that no one cares about, and a bunch of cryptic bullshit that should've been answered ages ago. Coupled with the fact that it seems like no one is properly reacting to any of the BS that goes on in town and it just feels lazy and the character motivations are all over the place. I can't get invested when I have to trudge through a week of "Steven and Connie are maaaaad at each other but not really" with how reliant this show is on the status quo. It's a dang shame really.

Nah

Sponge Bob.

If you skip the filer episodes the ones in space are the best episodes and still fun but fuck, the show just pisses me off by this point. I literally only watch because I have trouble not finishing a series when i'm invested in whatever BIG REVEAL they're leading up to and I just want to know wtf actually happened between rose quartz and the diamonds. they could literally just post a bigass episode where they wrap it all up and i'd be happy to never see another new episode.

I agree the first season is actually quite cosy to rewatch. All the characters universally have had their prick levels reduced, the Kankers are really weird (were they supposed to be deluded that the Eds were like relatives back from war or something?) and it's also very surreal to hear Ed talk so much. Also I never could fucking stand Jimmy and Edd's new VO in the later seasons so thats an additional plus.

Holy fucking shit that episode made me so angry. Almost turned me away from the show as a whole.

What shows actually had the opposite effect and became less flanderized as they went? I'd say Codename Kids Next Door

Drawn together?