How powerful is this guy supposed to be?

How powerful is this guy supposed to be?

It seems like he goes back and forth between generic strong guy to universe ending Eternity killer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ylGkm2EHHvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As far as i am aware, it all depends on his mood and overall mental stability.

His power potential though is said to be infinite though still below Living Tribunal.

>though still below Living Tribunal.

So is he above say...Galactus or the Phoenix?

He fought Galactus to a standstill once.

He fought Galactus, but i'm not sure about Phoenix, as Phoenix seems to be described as a threat to virtually anything and everyone.

Pretty impressive feats, I suppose. Seems like he is a bit too op for an earthbound hero, though.

Was his fight in WWHulk him going all-out, or was that some "this is me at 30 percent" bullshit?

Which is probably why he is tied go feeding Dr.Strange's magic now

this is actually Sentry from 2000 mini tier shit, guy powers up level of magic Strange has never used before, I don't know about that time he merged with Arioch.

it was something like that he was suffering from severe agoraphobia and anxiety back then

>he fought Galactus
Never happened on panel, just stated by Spiderman.

Stable or serious Sentry is much above Heralds, probably below Skyfathers (to use that old hierarchy) I'd put him around Thanos level with more physical power and possible rage/willpower boosts.

Galactus is terrified of molecule man.

Well, that's one hell of a feat.

MY SKIN IS COOOOLD

Jenkins had him as a silver age superman, other writers just nerfed him by giving him stupid "power level" feats crap like molecule man or just saying "he is more powerful than before.

So essentially his "upper limit" (god, I fucking hate concepts like this) as of now is Silver Age Superman, matter manipulation, crazy energy projection, and what else?

Has he gone against reality manipulators on par with Franklin Richards or Mad Jim Japsers?

fuck knows, when he was Bendis-written Void his upper limit was restraining Molecule Man and shitting on most powerful Asgardian artifacts wielded by a sorcerer god. When he was Death, he casually remarks how he feels high-end Celestial's soul entering the White Hot Room, also casually speaking telepathically to unwilling Thor, stopping Mjollnir with a glance, equalling Rogue with half of Earth's heroes (Hyperion, Hulk, Wonder Man, most of the X-men) powers etc. In - let's say - classic, Jenkins incarnation, which I think we're going with now, he doesn't even feel the magic toll of Strange transmuting a whole dimension, doesn't have a scratch from walking into hostile Asgard, My favorite theory is that he's either a Beyonder, an unknowing reality warper, or that guy from Flex Mentallo who just saw through the narrative and can simply change it (that's how I remember that).

this one, I mean I don't want to start a hypercrisis thread but c'mon

Hulk Whipped His Ass.

Fact: Hulk Whipped His Ass. You need to understand and say it.

As powerful as the story demands him to be, that's his power as a meta plot device.

Sometimes he is kryptonian level, sometimes he's a reality warpir surpassing gods and shit like the Galactus Heralds and the fucking Molecule Man

Why the fuck did Marvel push him so hard? Nobody fucking liked him. Nobody liked the self insert bullshit like fucking Rogue off panel. Nobody liked the power creep.

And now here they are doing it again. Is there another publisher so ignorant of their fan's interests?

Love it
Wrap it up
Fuck me with it

Where is it that they are pushing him?
So I can read it and hate it too, because I hate him just like you user...
... Yeah

>did

Around 2005-2010 he was pushed hard by Marvel. Maybe that's before you could read, junior.

>Nobody fucking liked him
You are underestimating edgylords.

A lot of Marvelfags loved him because, according to them, he was "Superman done right": violent, unstable, edgy.

His most underrated feat was him somehow coming back from Morgana La Fey going back in time and erasing his existence.

Have they brought him back now? When did they kill him off anyway? 2010 I think. Considering Marvel's addiction to recycling dead characters every few years I'm surprised it's taken this long if they have.

He was pushed as a character, but never as a main. He was always pushed as the unstable/mysterious supporting character with an occasional compelling story of whether he's mad or not every now and then.

2 out of his 3 minis were about how insane he was. Other stories was either about how powerful and otherworldy (Bendis and Remender's versions of him) or him being used as a Worf type character(Those Blue Marvel and Human tourch mini) to show off how strong someone else is.

Reminder that people mostly dislike Sentry because they're characterfags who get bullshit at every change to the established canon.

fuck off, I've yet to see anybody saying that he loves Sentry because he's supposedly "an edgy Superman"

"I'm the Void, baby"

He was resurrected as the most metal horseman of Death, buggered off somewhere for years, and is now inexplicably in Doctor Strange. For some reason.

> Killed in the past, body ripped apart and scattered to the wind
> Team return to the present. Bob is just alive through sheer force of will

Bendis wrote a shit Sentry. He made lots of mistakes with the character. But his Sentry was terrifying.

oh yeah

I do not have problems with Sentry for a simle reason. He somewhat lacks an agency. So, usually he is being moved by external forces, so to say, as part of another's story. A borrowing of power, so to say
His own story is set in stone, that is, it always loops back to the mutual destruction with the Void of a sort, which isn't novel or great, probably, but can be interesting once or twice

Oh, and he has the best nemesis ever, Cranio

Just going to throw this one out there, during Dark Reign, Bullseye told Deadpool that Sentry would go after him if he didn't back down and stop messing with Norman, so Deadpool backed off.

For someone as foolish as Deadpool to decide to stop dead in his tracks mid-chainsaw attack, I think that means something.

>Bullseye told Deadpool that Sentry would go after him if he didn't back down and stop messing with Norman

you remember what issue or mini?

>Even deadpool is afraid of him! He can only die when he wants to die!

This is comic vine levels of reaching and cocksucking. Then again the Jenkins/Romita Jr Sentry run was so damn terrible that it feels like it was written by one of these battleforums fanboys

Reminder that Molecule man during that storyline couldn't even fully transform bullseye and had problems with Daken's regeneration. Galactus tier my ass.

Bullseye asking the right question

You type like an asshole.

Thanks, i guess?

Can we all just agree that Marvel needs to make Galactus great again? Fuck Sentry, fuck Phoenix, fuck Molecule Man, fuck all these other stronk characters that Galan had to job to. Kirby's Galactus was space-God and Silver Surfer was his fallen angel, ffs.

>you remember what issue or mini?
Deadpool: Dark Reign
Issue #12

How about we don't undo lifebringer.

I feel like his character is completely ruined.

Once you begin having squads beating him up, tons of cosmic macguffins killing him, becoming a zombie (and eaten by zombies).

Even if they did a total universe reboot, it'd only take Marvel less than a decade to have 10 arcs wherein Galactus/LT/Eternity are totally annihilated by some edgelord writer trying to push their new character.

Marvel has almost irrevocably fucked their cosmic canon beyond redemption.

>So essentially his "upper limit" (god, I fucking hate concepts like this) as of now is Silver Age Superman
Yes. That's exactly how he was written. As an evil Superman critique.

Have you ever been so mad you punched through Thor's arm?

He didn't rip it off, didn't break it. Just punched straight through it. He could definitely do that, it just such a weird artistic decision.

So, Sentry is the one being in creation they can't kill. They're desperate. Fair enough. But at what point did anyone see this ending well?

End.

Thanks.
That was good.

Valiant effort from Daredevil at the end by the way.

No problem. Just goes to show how reckless Dr Strange is being in fucking around with The Sentry in his latest ongoing.

Sentry was epic, they need to bring him back in a big story arc at some point.

Loki accidentally killed his dog. Getting the power of a million exploding suns on board was naturally the only recourse.

You can say he's right on target

Then the void goes to other star systems/civilizations to ruin their day. Wonder who would try putting him down and if they would succeed.

>Imperious $#%^
lmao

>Valkyrie just standing there accepting her death

>didn't actually read the comic

Slight OT. With DCs new age of heroes being Marvel pastiches, I think Marvel should rip on WORLD'S FINEST and have it feature Sentry and Moon Knight for the super/bat roles.
Call it WORLD'S ODDEST and throw a writer that can rip on silver age vibes well at it like Waid or something.

Hyperion would be a better choice for that but no one cares about Hyperion

I would argue that the Sentry did not tap into his void powers, and therefore was nowhere near his full potential. Hulk was still a fucking beast in that series though

god bless norman's "i shit a little" panel

>yfw Marvel cinematic will merge his powers with Adam Warlock

>Literally EDGY Superman and EDGY Batman

Thread theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=ylGkm2EHHvE

I unironically loved Deodato's choice to reference Tommy Lee Jones for Norman.

yup. this right here. Sentry is a force of nature, except the nature of his reality is that it's a narrative. so he is a force of narrative. he can do whatever the story requires him to do.

>Trying to pass off inconsistent writing as a deep, intentional, superman-like meta archetype

Why do you write like that?

English probably isn't his first language.

His moment at the world tree made me teary eyed I'll admit

You can use him as a human sacrifice for a reality-altering spell and the physical/mental/spiritual toll will just make him a little drowsy and bored

Sentry has never been pushed.

He's always been a tool, not an endgame in and of himself.

He exists solely for the benefit/detriment of other characters.

>tfw you're the only faggot who cares about hyperion

feels bad desu

And no good story came out of that.

Incredible.

>inb4 MUH JENKINS

Because of a friend's insistence I read the three Jenkins series. Only the age of the Sentry one was decent, and that was mainly because of the silver age aesthetic and the eerie feeling whenever the story was interrupted by "real world" elements and the Sentry's illness. The other 2 were shit, specially the Romita Jr one.

iirc Tony said WWHulk's "rage aura" alone is equal to a Supernovae.

I'm not saying is "deep" but Sentry was a meta device since his inception in Marvel Knights, sometimes it goes good, most times is horribly written, still, that is what the character is, and the duality of hi being even let's you usic as both hero and villain as required

It would be clever if they actually knew what to do in the meantime with him, but once they end the intended arc, killing him until the next writer brings him back is as best as you could expect from modern Marvel

Power level bullshit shouldnt even be applied to him, he's like a gag character, like Saitama, Popeye's or Droopy, the scope of his power is meaninless, because the comics will only care for him as a threat or macguffin, Bob Reynolds as an actual character is unchanging and mostly estatic

I almost hate to include World War Hulk in the same continuity as Planet Hulk. Not calling Planet Hulk a masterpiece or anything, but the drop in quality of writing and art is so jarring, that it makes WWH hard to enjoy, and it is made worse by the "fake" Black Bolt revelation later.