Cartoon Network's Dark Age

Cartoon Network started getting really bad by the mid 2000s by making terrible shows like Camp Lazlo, Gym Partner and Squirrel Boy but got better by 2010

Other urls found in this thread:

animationmagazine.net/tv/camp-lazlo-fires-up-ratings/
webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=18959
thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2005/07/12/camp-lazlo-premiere-blisters-triple-digit-ratings-delivery-gains-among-kids-6-11--18700/20050712cartoon01/
thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2006/03/14/cartoon-networks-my-gym-partners-a-monkey-tops-fridays-ratings-in-3rd-week--20804/20060314cartoon01/
toonzone.net/my-gym-partners-a-monkey-delivers-ratings-gains-for-cartoon-network/
timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/2006/03/29/cartoon-network-s-saturday-morning-hit-ben-10-ranks-2-on-all
timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/2003/08/05/teen-titans-continues-to-score-double-digit-delivery-ratings
timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/2004/09/28/cartoon-network-sets-new-quarterly-delivery-ratings-recordsfor
timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/2004/08/10/foster-s-home-for-imaginary-friends-charts-best-original-series
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree

Squirrel Boy. Yes. total trash.

But Camp Lazlo & Gym Partner...those where actually good. Fuck off.

Huh I thought the Dark age for cn was when they literally only aired a 4 hour block of animation, and the rest was live action crap. Around the same time?

NO, you idiot. The entire Western animation industry died in the mid-2000s. CN included.
You're even more of a retard, if that's possible.

Are you fucking retarded? There was no "Dark Age" of animation. Kids today just don't watch cartoons on TV anymore. They watch their shows on the internet and have different tastes in entertainment than the previous generation. All the 90s kids bitching and whining about the "Dark Age" of animation aren't going to pay lots of money for cable just to watch CN.

>terrible shows like Camp Lazlo, Gym Partner
So, was the point of your post just to bait, or did you have something you want to talk about?
This

First off he's referring to the dark age in the past tense, not the present tense. He's saying the late 00's were CN's "Dark Age", and he's not really wrong.
Also there abso-fucking-lutely was a dark age of animation in the 70's, which obviously had nothing to do with " Kids today just don't watch cartoons on TV anymore" or "90s kids bitching and whining".
I don't disagree with your point about kids not watching TV anymore but that has fuckall to do with the point OP was making.

It's not bait to point out shows that literally everyone (both on Sup Forums and elsewhere) agrees were absolute trash through-and-through.
It is bait, however, to claim they weren't garbage.

Camp Lazlo was pretty good dude.

>They watch their shows on the internet and have different tastes in entertainment than the previous generation.
They don't watch "shows" anymore, not least because Internet "shows" virtually do not exist.

>Gym Partner
>actually good.

NO.

even as a kid i hated it.

>Oh no, someone doesn't fully agree to my autistic bitching post.

Kek.

Gym Partner and Squirrel Boy were some terrible shit.

Camp Lazlo barely scrapes through though on it's connection to Rocco's Modern Life.

Oh bitch please. Nobody unanimously agrees on anything, especially when it comes to childrens animation.

>It's not bait to point out shows that literally everyone (both on Sup Forums and elsewhere) agrees were absolute trash through-and-through.
Ah yes, that's why they had high ratings and was renewed for 4-5 seasons
>even as a kid
How is you having shit taste as a kid relevant to you having shit taste now?

Blatantly trolling shitposters don't count. Nobody unironically likes those shitshows.

>they had high ratings
They had extremely low ratings...
>and was renewed for 4-5 seasons
... and the network just didn't give a shit back then

Here's your (you) do the world a favor and keep the autistic my opinion is law mentality to 4 chan

>They had extremely low ratings...
So do you not even think before you say something, much less actually even research your claims?

animationmagazine.net/tv/camp-lazlo-fires-up-ratings/
webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=18959
thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2005/07/12/camp-lazlo-premiere-blisters-triple-digit-ratings-delivery-gains-among-kids-6-11--18700/20050712cartoon01/
thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2006/03/14/cartoon-networks-my-gym-partners-a-monkey-tops-fridays-ratings-in-3rd-week--20804/20060314cartoon01/
toonzone.net/my-gym-partners-a-monkey-delivers-ratings-gains-for-cartoon-network/
timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/2006/03/29/cartoon-network-s-saturday-morning-hit-ben-10-ranks-2-on-all

>and the network just didn't give a shit back then
>back when the network was actually topping charts in their age group they didn't give a shit

You have to compare apples to apples, you dumbass. If you had actually thought about my second point there you would have realized I was talking about an ideological shift in CN's programming strategy, disregarding ratings.

They basically dumped all (or almost all) of their old shows overnight and put that crap on. Of course the ratings would have to remain high for some of the new shows, unless everyone dumped CN just as fast.

But they were nothing compared to the ratings just a few years prior. NOTHING.

I fucking hate it when people on Sup Forums claim that a show has high/low ratings when it actually has the opposite, and the information is just a google search away. Holy fucking shit the number of people who claim that SU or TTG get poor ratings when it's easy to obtain information that they get the best ratings on CN, and that's just a couple of examples from modern animation. Put in the barest amount of effort before passing something off as fact you fucking troglodytes, google is one fucking click away and ratings for broadcast television have been publicly available since the fucking 50's.

>TTG
Mind telling me what the ratings were for TT back in the day, user? Oh, what's that - you can't find them, and therefore a comparison is impossible?

I'm talking about modern CN. TTG and SU get the best ratings on modern CN, when the fuck did I even mention the original TT and why do you think that's relevant to the post at all?
And guess fucking what faggot?
timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/2003/08/05/teen-titans-continues-to-score-double-digit-delivery-ratings
Literally one google search of "Teen Titans neilson ratings".
Go fuck yourself.

>why do you think that's relevant to the post at all?
Because if you give a shit about ABSOLUTE ratings as opposed to RELATIVE ones you're a fucking moron.

Thanks for the TT info, though. Don't know why I couldn't find it. Got a TTG link to compare?

Cartoon Network's REAL Dark Age was CN Real

>Camp Lazlo (Creator of Rocko's Modern Life)
>Squirrel Boy (Creator of Duckman)
>Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Creator of PPGs)

It's was an odd time. Seeing all these high-profile cartoonists work on mediocre Cartoon Network shows was disappointing.

>You have to compare apples to apples
>Top rated show for weeks in 6-11

>disregarding ratings
>things that never happened

>They basically dumped all (or almost all) of their old shows overnight and put that crap on. Of course the ratings would have to remain high for some of the new shows, unless everyone dumped CN just as fast.
Source: Your ass

>they get the best ratings on CN
On CN. And only on CN, not when compared to other networks. Even in 2011 AT was able to top 6-11 on all television. CN is suppose to compete with Nick and Disney and other children's networks, TTG and SU barely compare.

We do actually, it ranked #1 fairly often, we don't have the exact numbers for all age groups to make an absolute comparison. But among 9-14s it did incredibly well
timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/2004/09/28/cartoon-network-sets-new-quarterly-delivery-ratings-recordsfor
timewarner.com/newsroom/press-releases/2004/08/10/foster-s-home-for-imaginary-friends-charts-best-original-series
You seem angry. Also Modern CN gets worse ratings than it did in the past, so your statement is non-sequitur.

>Doesn't like Foster's
Kill yourself immediately

>>they get the best ratings on CN
>On CN. And only on CN, not when compared to other networks. Even in 2011 AT was able to top 6-11 on all television. CN is suppose to compete with Nick and Disney and other children's networks, TTG and SU barely compare.
This was meant for