Jim Zub and Sean Izaakse take over Champions after Waid

>Writer Jim Zub and artist Sean Izaakse are taking over Marvel's Champions title with April's #19. The duo, who previously worked together on the Thunderbolts and Uncanny Avengers titles, will formally induct Wasp (Nadia Pym) and Ironheart (Riri Williams) into the group.

>"It’s early on in the process with Champions but, so far, the core for me has been bridging the gap between youth and adulthood – Who we are in that awkward time full of potential when adult responsibilities start to enter our lives and we realize things aren’t as easy as they once were when we were young," Zub said. "There’s still a lot of fun and adventure to be had, but it’s tinged with more complex problems looming on the horizon."

>April's Champions #19 kicks off a new storyline called "Northern Lights" where the team investigates mysterious activities on some floating glaciers.

Well, that's hardly an improvement.

Izaakse's art is okay, but Zub's writing...

>Champions #19 is built as a perfect jumping on point for new readers, setting the team up for their new goals and thrusting them into danger right from the get-go. It’s classic teen superhero adventure with a contemporary flare.

>The first story is called “Northern Lights,” and it takes the Champions to the Arctic. Someone or something is repairing a cluster of glaciers that calved from the mainland and the team goes to investigate. What they find there is going to immediately put them on the defensive and give them some hard decisions to make.

>Mark [Original series writer, Mark Waid] had a lot of shorter 1 and 2-part stories and we’ll have some of those too, but I’m also adding in classic superhero-y subplots bubbling under the surface that will pay off later on. My goal is to channel the kinds of things I loved about teen books like New Mutants, Generation-X, or the New Warriors and bring it into our modern world with lots of surprises.

Cyclops lsnt there

Yeeeees

>still not using Loveness' Nova design/character sheet
REEEEEEEEEE

>It’s classic teen superhero adventure with a contemporary flare.
At least It's no more social justice team. If it's fun teen adventures I'm all for it. Jim Zub isn't bad writer, his Uncanny Avengers was alrightFuck his Thunderbolts

Viv has the best outfits :3

You know what I want to see Viv mother and brother get revive

Does it mean, it's the last 3 issues arc before the cancellation?

Jim Zub did a passable Uncanny avengers, this seems like an upgrade from Waid.

Cho Hulk has a retarded look on his face.

Also does this mean Black Viv dies?

Good ridance, that mean marvel is working on getting read of the O5.

More retarded than Ramos' Cho?

>getting rid of nu Falcon and nu Patriot already
lol

>Marvel shoving all the Legacy characters into one team, freeing slots in the Avengers books

Implying Avengers writers car who's on champions team

Dang, I'm liking this art. Major improvement over Ramos. I might give Zub's run a chance.

We already knew that. Bunn said that X-men: Blue would be having a major roster shake-up soon that heavily implied no more O5. It'll probably be a Magneto book.

>Nadia Pym
Wasn't she on the main Avengers team? I'm not a fan or anything, but this seems like a big demotion.

But I'm glad Waid's gone. Hopefully this guy will flesh out the team's dynamics a little more, since that aspect of the book is sorely lacking.

If Cyclops if gone, F. He was the best one on the team.

Looking way better than the shit we got before.

Kamala, Miles and Nova were all on that team too before they pitched a shit fit and left

Amadeus was on Pym's Mighty Avengers for a while too

>Writer Jim Zub and artist Sean Izaakse
Ugh, would it hurt to hire some women for once? Give me a different perspective than white, middle class male, maybe then I'll consider buying your book. It's like they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

> Sam's haircut and neck

ye

I loved Zub's Samurai Jack comics but I heard his Marvel comics aren't that good. But nothing can be worse than Waid.

whats wrong with Zub?

Chulk has a literal gorilla face.

What matters is that the writer is good. Not the gender or the race.
And I'm not saying Zub is good.

Btw what comic writer that are women exist?

well, Rivera is looking for work.
BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>zub

Snooooooore

If gender and race doesn't matter, what's the problem with letting some marginalized voices being heard? What makes it extra funny, you're not even trying to claim Zub is there on "merit", you just oppose me cause he's a white male and you like the particular taste of comic status quo. Enjoy it while you can, hopefully won't be long.

>Zub
So they're finally actually trying to kill the book, instead of just letting it kill itself.

weak
suggest someone

It's not my job to educate you, sweetie. Marvel is not as ignorant as you, they are fully aware about their range of options, they just keep choosing the outdated one every time.

right
shitposting then

Aah fuck off, you are not funny user.

Hey, give the writer a chance.

wow, im like, so offended there arent any female native americans on the team, not even a single MTF aborigine, and the absence of any obese jewish female Singaporeans speaks volumes. I mean, just like, add a few more characters to the team you fucking bigot, Jim Zub. EVERYONE DESERVES REPRESENTATION

You cant pretend women like Gail Simone, Majorie Kui and Amanda Connor don't exist.

However like many other writers they have had their fair shit of bad comics.

Hate to say it but, yea. His face looks like a monkey. And why do they refuse to ever draw him in his normal state? Not like he’s hulked up 24/7

Sure is false flag in here.

Not even good false flags, like the woman writer user was OK before they blew it with "sweetie".

Anyway, this can only improve the book. Waid was cancer. Not crazy about the additions to the team, but I'll wait and see.

>you just oppose me cause he's a white male
I just fucking said that race doesn't matter and marvel should chase quality not diverse writers.
Yes, but they are less in number than the male ones and makes sense that there more males marvel wants.

Avoid him, he is a retard with more braindamage.

too bad gail simone is a massive cunt tho

I gave him a chance with Thunderbolts, and we all saw how well that turned out.

JUST FUCKING CANCEL IT, AKIRA-SAMA. WHY MUST YOU PUNISH US?

There is nothing wrong with the team itself. The problem was Waid and now he is gone thanks to Akira-sama

Writers make bad books sometime. Look at alan moore or mark millar

Doesn't it seem kind of redundant to have Nova and an Iron-manish character on the same team? Unless they go to space (which they won't) or the writer remembers how fast nova is supposed to be (which they won't) the two of them have essentially the exact same powers.

He has to let it die slowly, as an example to all of the others.

His name means tooth in my language.

That Sam makes my dick hard

Zub may be bad, but at least that synopsis gives the impression that the woke strokes are over. Thank you, Cebulski.

I dont think Zub is bad, his T-bolts was meh but overall he isnt. I liked Skullkickers, and I still like Wayward. Glitterbomb is decent. Im willing to give the book another chance as long as Waid is leaving.

Gonna be totally bland and inoffensive

I'm glad Nadia and Riri are sticking around

That shitty coloring makes Caselli cover bad

Welcome back to DC, mr. Waid.

Is synth Viv returning? Dare I hope?

Gabby Rivera is waiting for Punisher to be freed up. She would write an...amazing Punisher.

Amazingly bad, but still.

She never went away

>The Punisher Kills His Fanbase

Why doesn't Nadia Pym have anything on paheal?

>The first story is called “Northern Lights,” and it takes the Champions to the Arctic. Someone or something is repairing a cluster of glaciers that calved from the mainland and the team goes to investigate.

... Why would that be a bad thig?

Polaris.

Marjorie Liu is so hot. I was blown away by Monstress, too, what a good book.

So now this is literally a comic of all the garbage-tier characters no one wants or cares about? Hopefully Marvel is doing this to cancel all this trash at once.

>mostly same shitty characters + Riri and Nadia
>Jim Zub
>snow level
This book will be lucky to make it to the end of the year.

>There is nothing wrong with the team itself.
Most of the characters fucking suck. Cho especially who's shit as the Hulk.

He’s improves since that shitty Tbolts run.

They get everything they deserve.

I couldn't imagine a better punishment than giving them Zub.