Fantastic Four 2005

Would this movie have been better received if it were released today?

Not really, its still rather boring. It's a F4 movie where everyone lounges around the house, bitching about having powers

Captain America as Johnny Storm...I just don't see it desu.

Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis were good, but the entire rest of the cast was complete butt-shits

Doctor Doom fucking sucked

Literally came here to say this.

"why is captain america playing johnny storm" is all the normies would say. because ask any normie and they likely don't remember chris evans was ever even in a movie before Cap. let alone the only good "unrated" parody movie that was released during those "unrated dvd with a titty scene" days.

What I find funny is that Disney is like the second chance for ex-Johnny Storm actors. Jordan lucked out and is going to be Killmonger in Black Panther

>Jordan lucked out

nah, Michael Jordan is a solid actor, a lot of the studios use him

I thought Ioan Gruffudd was a pretty solid Richards, though. To be honest, besides MexiSue and that poor excuse for a Dr. Doom, i don't really see what Sup Forums's problem with this movie is.

You mean this movie?

quality cinematic kino film

Doom was shit, the costume of the Thing was shit too, I like all the other actors, even Alba but mostly because Dark Angel, the scrip was shit

Agreed.

Movie is still fun and enjoyable. And is very re-watchable.

The Fantastic Four is not the type of team that can work by themselves. Just to be honest.

yes that shit is kino. and janey's got a gun. and the end in the airport. and the bag getting punched.

Evans fucking slays that movie.

What the fuck is with turning Doom into a metal-skin dude, and tying him directly into the Fantastic Four's origin by making him the "guy who would have been the Fantastic Fifth but turned evil"?

It's weird when two unrelated adaptations of something choose the exact same really specific adaptational story change. This is like if Ledger Joker turned out to be Joe Chill.

>This is like if Ledger Joker turned out to be Joe Chill
You mean like in Tim Burton's Batman when Jack was the one who killed The Waynes?

Studios were really into this for some reason; that the hero and villain had to be tied together even out of costume.

Feige called Sony out on it when they were discussing Spider-Man, saying not every villain had to become a villain because of something Peter did.

this movie is fucking hilarious

>Feige
All five MCU movies prior to Avengers had that same situation.

>What the fuck is with turning Doom into a metal-skin dude, and tying him directly into the Fantastic Four's origin by making him the "guy who would have been the Fantastic Fifth but turned evil"?

Ultimate Universe

I think it's for the sake of economy. A screenwriter doesn't have to put in as much work when it comes to storytelling and world building.

>It's a F4 movie where everyone BUT JOHNNY lounges around the house, bitching about having powers