Would John K. dare submit Cans Without Labels for Oscar consideration after he finishes it?

Would John K. dare submit Cans Without Labels for Oscar consideration after he finishes it?

Other urls found in this thread:

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/search/label/Cal Arts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>after he finishes it

>after he finishes it
so never?

Better question: Will he finish it?

the secret to the oscars is that someone has to screen your film.

Holy shit you mean it isn't finished? Hasn't it been like 5 years? This shit was kickstarted wasn't it? You'd think people would start asking for refunds.

John is making a pilot for adult swim now after doing a few bumps.

It has been finished for a while now

if it's anything like adult party cartoon, it's gonna be garbage (if he even finishes it)

1. for all of his personal fuck-ups, the man knows his stuff and is a good resource

2. the first two seasons of ren & stimpy were legitimately GOAT

3. his biggest flaw was thinking he could do a golden age production system on a T.V. show schedule (what an asshole)

4. the hearaches would have been a good show

John K is a slimy piece of shit who wants to have sex with his father and is an absolute waste of fucking space.

t. somebody whose favorite "animated" toy commercial from the 1980s got insulted on john k's blog

I didn't know John K. visited Sup Forums.

Nothing would make me harder than seeing John K get snubbed by a Pixar short.
Well, besides actually having a girlfriend.

John K has a legitimate point or two about animation losing what makes it unique. Everything really is stiff these days compared to 80 years ago.

>after he finishes it

Not that user, but I don't think anyone but you was aware John K. Had a blog.
Man's done nothing in twenty years, who would take the time to read his blog?

>kickstarter
>refunds

people who prefer drawing/watching cartoons rather than beating off to illustrated radio soap operas

If you prefer watching cartoons you wouldn't be reading a failure's blog and if you like drawing you're not going to learn anything valuable from him. Cans without labels looks like shit and John K's artistic ability is vastly overrated

Reminder that Nickelodeon's grievances with him were totally valid and they did nothing wrong.

>after he finishes it

>sure, maybe you'll learn about preston blair and golden age cartoons from somebody with an autistic, encyclopedic knowledge of the topic, but you won't learn about "loli waifus" or "world-building" therefore it's shit

>dude cartoons can't be cowboys in one episode and astronauts in the next lmao
>dude that mistletoe scene will make kids gay lmao
>dude people won't understand why this fake commercial is drawn in a '50s style lmao
ahhhh yes

I'd watch an illustrated radio soap opera.
That sounds fuckin' rad.

that's pretty much every cartoon nowadays, last time i checked

>tumblr

>anime

It literally says in kickstarter terms that the backers are giving money knowing full well that their creators aren't obligated to finish their product.

EAT THE FUCKING FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

What was the name of the short where a cat's girl friend is raped in front of him?

okay...OKAY. I'll give you a break, John. Tell ya what I'm gonna do!
I'm gonna go.....take a CRAP. And when I get back.....and when I get back........oh that animation better be done!

Weekend Pussy Hunt

Nick got over it and now John K is doing a cartoon infront of Spongebob 3.

Please remember to never listen to a person on /co's opinion on animation

>John K is a slimy piece of shit
Prove it faggot
>who wants to have sex with his father
>he doesn't have daddy issues like me so I hate him
Wew fucking lad
>is an absolute waste of fucking space
>projecting on the internet
You need help
>John K's artistic ability is vastly overrated
Pretty much everything he's ever made proves this wrong
>Cans without labels looks like shit
Is this some abstract form of bait?

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/search/label/Cal Arts

Reminder John K is /ourguy/ and anyone who doesn't understand this fact is a subversive infiltrator

HI John, how's the last twenty years of doing nothing at all been treating ya?

>Tripfag thinks his retarded opinion matters

I'd rather see his bad catholic girls get animated.

Do you know what projection is?

Obviously, are you telling me he isn't trying to convince himself that his daddy issues aren't John K's?

John K likes some anime

john is right tho. now come back to bed.

t. father of john

fuck, meant

pretty sure you can learn plenty about lolis from john k

Has anyone seen a recent photo of John? How do we know he's still alive?

He looks like an aging turd now

how much of the kickstarter money went to cosmetic surgeries?

what is Cans without Labels? a series or a long one-off short?

>for all of his personal fuck-ups, the man knows his stuff and is a good resource

No.

He has a very narrow band of interests in animation and is only useful if your own work fits within that band, and he has the arrogance to tell other animators that if they're not within that narrow band that they're doing it wrong.

Then you see his modern work, and learn that he can't even succeed at the kind of thing he wants to do.

He's a failure, and that father of his he insists on looking up to for reasons I cannot possibly understand is a failure for raising such a failure of a son.

Do not follow his path or advice.

>Cans without labels looks like shit
>Is this some abstract form of bait?

There are only two options here. You're either legitimately retarded or you're trolling. Either way you're wasting your life.

It's a six minute short that he can't finish in 6 years. He could do two drawings a day and be done with it by now.

>only useful if your own work fits within that band
This is why nobody understands timing and nearly all Japanese animation looks like shit.

Fundamentals apply to everything.

John K's modern work looks like RANCID shit. He has nothing left to teach us, and there are better teachers.

>nearly all Japanese animation looks like shit.

Their industry is doing a hell of a lot better than America's, and it's not even doing that well...

Also what is that pendulum thing supposed to be showing exactly? It looks TERRIBLE.

Ah yes, George Liquor, the conservative manly man allegedly based around John K's dad. We have dismissed this character.

Ren and Stimpy has always been overrated. It was alright at best. There were ripoffs of his stuff actually funnier than his original work.

John K's only real claim is that he created essentially an adult cartoon for a children's network, which gave way to more cartoons not afraid to be a bit more raunchy. Beyond that he's an overrated, bitter shitdick that fucked fans out of their money.

Hate to burst your bubble but John K denied that he was doing such a thing

>gets laughed at for having daddy issues
>nuh-uh it's all of YOU that have daddy issues not me!
Kek

>physics are terrible
Wew lad

>a man who looks up to his dad and based a character off of him
>daddy issues
So do you not love your father or something?

>doesn't understand what daddy issues means
>keeps going for personal attacks because he's the last remaining fan of a hack that can't finish a simple animation.

Beauty and the Beast? Animaniacs?

It instantly reverses direction instead of slowing down. It looks like trash

>Nearly all Japanese animation looks like shit.

Nearly all animation looks like shit.

>I don't think anyone but you was aware John K. Had a blog.

Are you a newfag?

John K is awful as a human being, has a hideous artstyle, and wastes his decent talent at animation on horrible garbage. The only good work he ever did was on Mighty Mouse where he couldn't use his godawful R&S style. R&S was never good.

>implying I would take time out of my day to read some talentless hack's whinings about how he was important twenty years ago.
No thanks.

Who hurt you?

John K duh

If you think the physics in that pendulum isn't terribly off just kill yourself