Does anyone else think the electoral college should be even LESS representative of population distribution...

Does anyone else think the electoral college should be even LESS representative of population distribution? 55 votes is way too fucking many when most of the states only have 3-6. Plus if a state was capped at 20 votes then it would defeat "muh less than 20% popular vote" argument because it would require more states to win. anyway this man is a genius.

Get rid of democracy altogether and instate a monarchy the US was always meant to be.

get out of here imperialist scum

Every state should have just one elector. It's a union of states after all, make it so the states are equal.

I think you'll lose too much information if you take it to that extreme desu family

>Alaska
>736k people
>3 electors
>under 250k people per elector

>California
>38.8 million
>55 electors
>700k people per elector

fuck off dude, the system is already unfair to big states

They do have more house of representative members. That's why they each have two senators.

to my mind it doesn't matter how many partisan retards you cram into a hivemind

No state should have more than 25 electors. Break New York, Florida, Texas and California into smaller states.

I think there should be a maximum of electors set at 35.

And the minimum per state should be upped to 4

>That's why they each have two senators

Yes. And all of rural conservative california gets to be run by the state's large cities now that a popular vote decides who wins as senator.

Back in the day, the state legislature(voted in by different districts) selected senators. Nowadays the cities rule over the rural folk.

Democracy is trash. Popular elections are trash on a statewide basis, let alone a national basis.

The Senate was designed to favor small population states, though, and the house was designed to favor large states.

There are multiple cities across the country that have several representatives in Washington. Here is one of the districts in Houston (a not so safe place to live, because it's the "diversity" district)

Texas would just secede if you tried to do that, plunger man.

I support repealing the 17th Amendment

Me too

t. your friendly neighbor north of the Red River

How is life in Earthquakistan?

Everything south to Colorado River will be blue, latino shithole by 2024 so just make it Lincoln, gave them those 15 electors or whatever and be happy that Texas will be solid 25 electors worth Red state for next 100 years.

democrats want mexicans in the country so they vote democrat, they want uneducated shit skins to run this place

It's alright. Though the quakes aren't fun nowadays.

I'm dead serious. They'll secede if you try that. Like straight up revolt.

The only problem with the number of votes a state has is because of the dumb as fuck "winner takes it all" system.
Split the votes on all states and you'll get a fairer representation of people's will without subjulgating smaller states to the will of the larger ones

Nope, the Rio Grande Valley doesn't get to leave. They used to be fairly well integrated until immigration kicked up in the 80's.

>Though the quakes aren't fun nowadays.

That blows

The winner take all system is what makes it better.

Dividing the electoral votes just makes it closer to direct democracy. It would make the electoral college pointless.

Same, but I think people would be worried about outside influence on our state legislatures.

I would also like some change to the reapportionment act of 1929. People complain about representation of 700k to 1. We're really under represented compared to other nations.

it wouldn't, the electoral college protects states from lower voter turnout.. even if 10 people turned out to vote in a state, their electoral college would still represent the entire population, thus, it doens't matter if every single californian votes and just a few from Alaska do, their representation will still equal their entire state population

The entire reason Trump won the presidency and Hillary won the popular vote is because the electoral college re-distriutes electoral votes to the states everey 10 years. The electoral votes awarded to each state are based on population....which is determined by the last census taken. The last census was in 2010, the next one is in 2020. This means that populations have changed enough in the last 6 years that the current electoral vote distribution is wrong....SO wrong that more Americans voted for Hillary but Trump still got a majority of the electoral votes.

We're also much larger than most nations. Sure, we could double the number of representatives, but who knows if that'll actually translate into better government.

popular vote doesn't mean shit retard.

If people knew the election was based on the popular vote, then people like me in a red state would show up to vote to make sure our candidate wins.

when you don't go vote because you know he is winning in your state, this means trump would have won the popular vote as well, because red states have a higher voter turnout.

I don't think there's anything wrong with popular vote. The problem is that the Democrats are making a sham of that process, by flooding the country with millions of immigrants and promising them handouts to vote Dem.

That is not how democracy should work. Democracy should be about what the actual citizens want, not a bunch of immigrants you bring in for the sole purpose of giving you power.

If this election was purely American citizens, Trump would win the popular vote in a landslide. I don't think there's anything wrong with the popular vote; it becomes a problem when you bring in lots of non-citizens to vote.

The fact that most people would see these above paragraphs as horribly racist, just shows you how brainwashed we've become as a country. It's no longer considered acceptable to preserve your countries people or traditions.

This.

everyone knows the popular vote is bullshit, if you count the 400 million americans alive, only 110 million of them showed up to vote.

Out of those 110 million it was split almost 50/50 democrat vs republican.

so you can't claim some candidate is more popular, when 300 million people didn't vote.

If we wanted to do it by popular vote, then the government should issue everyone a national voter id card, and have us submit out votes to the website tied to our id cards encryption key, then force us to vote, make it mandatory.

we all know what would happen then, the democrats would try to get more mexicans in the country to vote democrat.

the north koreans used the same tactics, they made people sign papers to support north korea in return for food. Look how well that turned out.

Did you even read what I wrote? Hang yourself. In fact, don't even waste the rope, slit your wrists.

>400 million americans

200 of those aren't actually American.

my state has a higher population than your country. You get no say in this.