Can you imagine growing up watching anime and being so touched by masterpieces you decide to study animation and devote...

can you imagine growing up watching anime and being so touched by masterpieces you decide to study animation and devote your life to it, then you finally are one of the lucky people who gets to actually work in a show and have complete creative control over your episodes
and all you manage to make is this?

Yeah I can but I fail to see the point.

So... you're a frustated one, OP?

Thats a lotta projection op

I get really high before I watch SU so I don't really notice.

I'm assuming the same can be said for the artists before they start working on an episode.

Don't you have a show to work on, Rebecca?

It's honest to god the lacking of having primary writers to write an outline to the basic story along with the same issue but with art direction. It's been said millions of times, but it's still true.

its been cancelled :( dont tell the fans

What happened? Back in the day people will kill for creative control. Now creative control is what's killing Steven Universe. Where those evil execs right?

it really depends from show to show. You've got all sorts of auteur-driven shows like the return of Twin Peaks happening on tv. At the same time, you've got shitfests like Neo Yokio.

Anyone deeply influenced by dubbed anime probably does not deserve to be in animation.
Anyone who's never watched the actual classics of cinema does not deserve to be in animation.

Fite me.

"This" being a beloved and successful children's cartoon with a large fandom?

I mean, I don't like the cartoon either, but that doesn't sound like any great tragedy you're laying out there.

why not?

>can you imagine

Yeah, and so can you.
Because the reality is that we’ll never have our own shows.
Dreams die here at Sup Forums. That’s just how it is.

so is teen titans go

i have no idea what that has to do with the topic but there are cartoon creators that post (or at least used to) in Sup Forums

Most of them either already had animation careers when their started posting, or only ever posted infrequently and then stopped to become something decidedly non-Sup Forums.

How can you possibly know this?

Even when someone has full creative control, a good creator still has people on the staff who they trust enough to know when something isn't working. I think the biggest problem with Steven Universe is that the staff are a bunch of yes-men who don't challenge Sugar's idea enough. On the pilot, Genndy Tarokavsky, of all people, was the one who had to explain to her why Steven being a mundane human was a boring idea. Imagine if there was someone on Steven Universe who had to guts to say, "Is Steven spending 11 minutes helping this townsperson really a strong enough idea to carry an episode?"

Sugar's too much of a pushover, she let her storyboard artists get out of control.

Not him but Ian Jones quarterly posted here on Sup Forums back I believe before the Season 2 premiere or Season 1 ending of Su, he also used to be a drawfag here when he was in college, that's just one off the top of my head.

It's always being cancelled.

Maybe neitheris sugar a pushover or everyone a yes man but they create a bubble for themselves and excuse each other's shitty work because nobody cares to aknowledge that they really let the quality of the show go
It could just be an awful office environment, it's not the best people working on it anyways so it makes sense

>Now creative control is what's killing Steven Universe.
CN has control over the episode premiere schedule. They could air seasons like a normal show, but instead they've been obsessed with "bombs" and overhyped events for like 5 episodes at a time.

You realize that proves nothing when that user made a massive assumption that's impossible to prove at all right?

What kinda shit animation school doesn't have a film history class?

>All you manage to make is a long running critically aclaimed show with a devote and ravenous fanbase plus ll the money and later opportunities that come with it, but some people on Sup Forums complain about it

Yeah sounds awful

It doesn't matter when you air the episodes if they're all bad

You have no idea how often they posted... It's an anonymous imageboard. They could be here right now, This might be Ian white-knighting and you'd be none the wiser.

Neo Yokio is amazing tho, one of the only shows where that can be said to be "too smart" for most of Sup Forums.

I mean, you can call that "white knighting" but he just said facts.

i felt the show was pretty good in the beginning then went to shit. characters became flat, combat was always shit, character growth felt manufactured, etc...

idk.

wait. this show makes "money"?