Am i the only one who unironically likes this?

Am i the only one who unironically likes this?
Its kind of Gabby's Promethea, or at least what she thinks Promethea was about.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDuIwwjJHXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Name as many characters introduced in this series as you can.

Probably.

what exactly do you like unironically about it

>She's an alien from different planet(lesbian planet specifically)
>She identifies herself as latina

I don't get it

Superman never identified himself as anglo or anything

her grandmother (madrimar?)
the leloo multipass girls
america's 1st, 2nd and third girlfriends
its like an unfiltered view into a very strange mind that has many conflicting ideas swimming around inside of it. and the art complemented that

She's an alien from the lesbian dimension made by a gay man, born from two women, one of whom came from a planet made by giant cosmic space lesbians that gets routinely attacked by space chupacabras.

You only named Madrimar.

>its like an unfiltered view into a very strange mind that has many conflicting ideas swimming around inside of it. and the art complemented that
So, Sonichu?

yes. or like Deadman (DC's answer to America)

Serious question.

What if Karl Pilkington were to write a comic? Let's say Ricky and Steve were to fund a comic for Karl to write. Would it be in the same vein of insanity as America?

How can you fuck up and make tarots, tantric sex, afterlife and Whore of Babylon lame? That requires some extra amount of talent at being shitty.

i don't know but i'm laughing just thinking about it

Bullshit Man? Sidekick is a chimp, of course.

If you are a latino, you are a betrayer if you enjoyed this.
And if you aren't a latino, then you are a racist.

Wait a second. Before we go any further, what the fuck do you mean by promethia?

The comparison is apt. bizzare, memable sociopolitcal stances and all.

That sounds like America Chavez's nemesis when you think about it.

"You're talking Bullshit"

"HOLY MENSTRUATION! IT'S MY MANSPLAINING ARCH NEMESIS! BULLSHITMAN!"

youtube.com/watch?v=YDuIwwjJHXk

I swear her comic and Waid's treatment of Latinos in Champions is so fucking racist, yet no one seems to bat an eye.

America (vol.1, 2017-2018) is a brave, political comic, tackling complex social issues.

If you want a better execution of what America was trying to do read Icon. He's an alien that landed in America during the late 1800s during slavery and took on the DNA signature of a nearby black woman and was essentially reborn as black person. He spent a century on earth as a black man and went through all the struggles black people did during that time. Despite that he went to law school and became a lawyer without having to resort to blaming white people for all his problems. I've said before and I'll say it once more: America is Icon done completely wrong.

Yeah just you.

I liked the lesbian dimension and the art was great but America is such a whiny and obnoxious protagonist and had such a weak supporting cast and the plot was a fucking mess.

comic "pros" my ass

Are you C.O.?

>Am i the only one who unironically likes this?
Yes.

There is no excuse for shit writing.

Sounds interesting. Recommended Icon reads?

That's a really interesting way to look at it. Somehow I doubt Gabby read Icon tho.

I sincerely doubt Gabby read Promethea. It is written by a straight white man who is also probably a rapist, after all.

She was raised on earth, she didnt land on earth.

And she never blame white people for anything.

>its like an unfiltered view into a very strange mind that has many conflicting ideas swimming around inside of it. and the art complemented that

I cant bear more then a glimpse into such a thing. Its nice to visit but I dont want to extend it. It could have been interesting limited run but they tried to make it a main thing. At that point its not interesting its scary.