Doomsday Clock #3 Storytime

>"If reading this now, whether I am alive or dead, you will know the truth."

I love the smell of Gin. Doomsday Clock Part Three!

It's time to shit.

I'm going to need a few more minutes.
I'm in the bathroom now

Holy shit it's Stewart Lee.

>story within a story

wow, just like muh watchmen

why is Johns so edgy, like a Millar without any talent

The art is great, the plot isn't....terrible. It has some promise.
But he really, really, really, really needs to stop pretending to be Alan Moore.

I bet he sits in a wig and fake beard as he types this shit up.

it's totally possible Johns writes something good, there's a first time for everything right?

>Lex Luthor is in surgery at Metropolis General where his attack remains in a serious but stable condition.
They think Ozy attacked Lex instead of the Comedian?

Batman, that's not how incarceration works.

Being edgy is literally the point of this entire story. It's a deconstruction of what's wrong with modern comics and DC since the New-52 (or even before that) After this stuff will be happier and brighter again. It's always darkest before the dawn and all that.

Thanks for reading. Support your local comic shop.

DetCom: Hal Jordan/GLC: Injustice:

Arkham is Batman's private Game Preserve. It has never functioned anything like an Asylum, Prison or any other real-world thing.

Fuck you Ozzy and your stupid Elder God Tier villain fanboys.

What a pussy.

>Everyone thought the end of Doomsday Clock #2 was a fake-out because they didn't think that Johns was schlocky enough to actually bring the Comedian back to life and get in a fight with Veidt
>Johns actually brought The Comedian back to life to get in a fight with Veidt

>It's a deconstruction of what's wrong with modern comics and DC since the New-52

Johns is part of what was wrong with modern DC comics, his making money off a criticism of it by doing a cover-band of a far better writer is just hypocrisy.

This whole issue is intentionally hilarious and unintentionally hilarious.

I suppose I really should be reading all this extra stuff from the issues huh? I haven't for any of the issues yet. Is that where they talk about the anti-Meta sentiments, Metamorpho and this "the Superman theory" stuff? Or is there something else I should be reading as well that talks about that?

all that edgy stuff is just Johns being Johns
he ruined the YJ4 with his shit Teen Titans

Ok I did not expect that

Can Batman just do that?

Ok this was stupid and hilarious at the same time.

Based Bruce

Based Manhattan

Jeez, was the fallout from Dark Nights: Metal, that bad? Why blame the human Batman for the actions of Robo-Batman, Clown Batman, War God Batman, and Fleshlight Batman?

How did Moore not make this kind of double meaning word symbolism imagery suck? Johns is making a dogs' breakfast of it.

>Comedian didn't die but was teleported to the DCU by Jon
>New Rorschach gets impatient with Batman reading slowly
>Mime really has real weapons, guys!
>Batman tricks New Rorschach into getting locked in Arkham

I can't even get mad at the edginess, this whole thing is hysterical.

The running theme of Rebirth has been "things don't go the way they're supposed to because of Dr Manhattan fuckery", so bringing back Comedian is pretty much par for the course.

Well so much for the mystery.

What mystery? How he looked like was no mystery, the mystery was what his connection was to Manhattan and the original Rorschach.

Still wouldn't have done anything against Manhattan, but Mime gets points for trying.

>And then, in what is considered one of the greatest comic book ruses of all time, Rorshaq remained in Arkham for the remainder of the Doomsday Clock event, and was not seen again until Action Comics #1145, where his is shown to have been successfully treated and living a normal happy life.
>Asked about it in an interview in 2024, Goeff Johns remarked "He was always a fucked up shit of a character, and his fans were always terrible people."

At least it's not a bus attack this time.

Wow, Batman is a dick.

I for one look forward to these two characters meeting the Joker

>real life fan and friend of alan moore gets hit on the head with a bottle

I feel the same. Why does Goeff hates us so much?

I too also look forward to the STUNNING revelation that the Joker is their son, or at least one of the three Jokers.

So the can try to out-Nihilistic Edgelord each other?

It would have been easier to tranq him with his next batch of pancakes, but Batman was grinning inside the whole time. Cuz he's fuckin nuts.

Yes, we might even get a few laughs from it.

>Comedian is alive
>Joker is the son of two supervillains from the Watchmen world
>Batman has shit for brains

This will be an Ultimatum-tier cult classic once it's all wrapped up

When is Superman going to show up again? He had like a brief part at the beginning and hasn’t done anything since.

Blue Penis still haven't releaved himself.
Did anything else happen so far that requires Superman's attention?

I too enjoyed The Shadow: The Movie

Wait, didn't they find a body in the original Watchmen?

Well now we know that to:

this is pretty great for reaction pics btw

OH SHIT HE'S WEARING YELLOW LOGO AGAIN

Is Gary Frank just drawing his stupid Earth One costume?

Probably won't show up until the end or close to the end, the Doomsday Clock is counting towards Midnight and Midnight has the S symbol.

Why is Johns wasting so much time on all his original Watchmen characters? No wonder this story is going to drag on until 2019 now.

This was stupid, anyways, what happened to that other plot where superman was captured and Batman was fighting like 7 other super powerless Batmans, and when is the next doomsday clock comic coming out?

Manhattan made a duplicate probably. Like Captain Atom did in Pax America

Joker is going to be their son. It is stupidly obvious.

Are you high?

people are actually going to pay money for bad fan fiction like this

So who are the other two Jokers?

Since him being their son would get rid of the Golden/Silver/Post-Crisis (which is really also the New-52) three Jokers theory.

That's Metal which is happening right now. Doomsday Clock takes place a year in the future (or 2 now it's bimonthly), the DCU won't catch up until it's finished

What, no?
That's dumb, now I know that everyone survives because Batman and superman are in this, where can I read the Batmans thingy?

People spend literally billions of dollars on far worse fanfiction user.

He's thinking about Metal

go back to pol

I think the Earth One logo has a more angular symbol instead of an oval

Not everyone that doesn't like Disney's shit is a Sup Forums bogeyman.

Next week is the METAL finale

Moore is a talented writer who knows what he's doing, Johns is a mediocre writer trying to imitate someone much smarter than him

essentially dumb writers writing smart people, but for an entire comic

>now I know that everyone survives because Batman and superman are in this,
Metal was never meant to be "WILL THEY SURVIVE? WILL THE DCU EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN?" event, we've known that since the start, keep up

Will Moorefags salt ever not get me erect? No.