This idea's been in my head for a while, but why can't Nickelodeon just make a Star Trek anime?

This idea's been in my head for a while, but why can't Nickelodeon just make a Star Trek anime?

1. Nickelodeon is owned by Viacom (who also own Paramount and CBS, therefore they all can use the ST license).
2. Just make another Avatar/Legend of Korra with a star trek reskin.
3. Set it AFTER Voyager and TNG movies, DON'T even bring up the (((Abrams))) timeline.
4. Focus more on Roddenberry's principles and less on Berman's.
5. Just make it a good sci-fi show that both kids and adults can understand and enjoy.

I swear this would be a faithful AND marketable show for the ST franchise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
youtube.com/watch?v=VHA9XkJCipk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm fine with all of those, but why the fuck does it have to be anime though?

>anime

BECAUSE WE'RE NOT IN JAPAN!

>why the fuck does it have to be anime though?

Because anime is cool nowadays, and it worked for Korra and Voltron.

I have no clue why Nick never invested in anime
I actually assumed they did and it failed, but no, I can't see anything vaguely japanese other beyond Power Rangers (which is japanese) and Kappa Mikey
I mean, with the success of A:TLA you would think that they'd jump on the anime trend, but I can't find any real foray into japanese animation or even japanese styled animation (again, besides the aforementioned)

Why can't Nick just try putting more money into another person who wants to make a series that looks like anime?
Korra was shit, but it still did fairly well, but they only tried Avatar because of the initial success

>Korra was shit, but it still did fairly well, but they only tried Avatar because of the initial success

I think Sup Forums already knows everything wrong with Korra.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY

NBC did have a Star Trek animated series in script-writing and design stages before being cancelled.

Had an X in it.

>(non Japanese compan) ... make ... anime?
That is not how that word works, you buffoon. A Star Trek CARTOON would be a fine idea, though. No matter what they came up with it could not be worse than or as damaging to the franchise as STD.

There was also the actual Star Trek The Animated Series that was a direct continuation of the first series.

Of course, but it didn't age well, there were some okay episodes like Spock's origin (my fav).

youtube.com/watch?v=VHA9XkJCipk

>anime
>Nick

>2. Just make another Avatar/Legend of Korra with a star trek reskin.

Just make Trek like another completely difference franchise is precisely why Discovery and Nu trek sucks.

>3. Set it AFTER Voyager and TNG movies, DON'T even bring up the (((Abrams))) timeline.

When it's set and what universe isn't a magic wand solution.

>4. Focus more on Roddenberry's principles and less on Berman's.

Roddenberry's principles nearly sank TNG before he was shut out of making decisions prior to his death. He hated Undiscovery Country and wanted to sue over it.

>5. Just make it a good sci-fi show that both kids and adults can understand and enjoy.

"Just make it good" Oh! I see the problem. All the others were trying to make it bad. How foolish of them!

Now why the fuck would it be an anime.

The setting and timeline is kinda important because instead of just dropping what happened after the Dominion War and going for Kirk era or before Kirk era again and again you build on what happened.

That's riding on someone else's coattails to make bad sequels. Who's to say that anything that happened after the Dominion war would make for an interesting story worth telling. Discovery promised to touch on something new but that new thing isn't very good.

Hardly cottails, DS9 and Voyager ended nearly twenty years ago. Besides, Star Trek is a universe with a bunch of different writers. If anything DIS is riding the Kirk train just like J.J.Trek did because everyone remembers Kirk, Spock, the red, yellow and blue long sleeve shirts, flip communicators and everything else the classic tv show and movies contributed to pop culture. Setting a show in the Kirk era is just lazy because you know exactly what's going to happen in a few years and can base your stories around them, rather than having a blank canvas to make your own stories.

WHATS THAT YOU WANT A STAR TREK CARTOON? OK

IT'LL BE CALLED STAR TREK: STARFLEET ACADEMY AND FOLLOW THE MISADVENTURES OF YOUNG JAMES T. KIRK IN STARFLEET HIGHSCHOOL. IT WILL BE ENTIRELY CGI. ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE CHaRACTERS WILL BE THERE BUT AS TEENAGERS, AND THEYRE ALL FRIENDS EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULDNT MEET FOR YEARS LATER KN THE ENTERPRISE. THIS WILL BE EXPLAINED AWAY WITH TIMELINE BULLSHITTERY AT THE END OF THE SERIES

>>ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE CHaRACTERS WILL BE THERE BUT AS TEENAGERS, AND THEYRE ALL FRIENDS EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULDNT MEET FOR YEARS LATER KN THE ENTERPRISE.
That pretty much happened. It was called Star Trek 2009.

>it's a let's make a giant clone of Spock episode

TOS ended longer and people keep going back to that. Doesn't matter when it ends, people keep riding those coattails as you insist you wanna seen done with DS9.

Setting a show after DS9 is just as lazy as anything you've complained about and the least you could do is promote something original than a bad followup to a story that's already reached its conclusion. Who gives a fuck about Bajor now that its a Federation planet. Cardassians bickering about reconstruction is boring. The Dominion are over and done with and you'd just as well retcon and undo DS9's writers anyways to get a little more juice of that plotline

Stargate > Star Wars and Star Trek

Voyager aired its last episode on 23 March, 2001.

Star Trek Beyond was first shown in the US on 22 July 2016.

Nothing about continuing after DS9 and Voyager is boring, you just don't have a good idea in your head. Going back to Kirk and Spock is literally the most boring and safe thing you can do because everybody, even those who haven't seen a single episode of Star Trek, knows about them. Christ, you may as well be saying that TNG was boring and pointless because it continued after TOS instead of it having some of the best episodes in all television.

You'd done nothing to indicate that you have any idea of what you want to see, but that you want to see something just to see it.

Not inspiring any confidence there.

I didn't have to, I'm not a science fiction writer otherwise I'd go do it myself. I just don't want Star Trek to become nothing but Kirk and the original Enterprise again and again.

God, why Sup Forums is so weeb?

This exact premise was almost used for no less than four seperate thatrical Star Trek movies. Minus the time fuckery, they were, of course, simply going to ignore the fact that the characters shouldn't know each other yet.

One of these could have been the sixth Star Trek movie. Think how lucky we are to live in this timeline.

I wasn't feeling STD at the beginning but I'm enjoying it

So, Star Trek: Final Frontier?

Star trek is for adults. And I mean adults not manchildren. A cartoon would be a retarded idea, there's almost no way you could successfully market it to kids which is what makes the money. Kids like space fights and laser swords, not moral and philosophical dilemmas.

Not to mention an anime style wouldn't fit star trek at all. Trek works best as individual contained episodes, not so much long drawn out plot arcs. Characters are subtle and nuanced not trope-ish over the top garbage like your weeb shows or the Abrams movies.

A star trek anime. What a dumb idea. You need to stand in a corner and think about why you run with such dumb thoughts.

I also would like to know. This place has become diet low sodium Sup Forums in the past two years

There's plenty of anime that are more adult and not just generic action shows. The fact that you seem to think anime suffers from the same issues western animation is struggling with shows how little you know about animation as a medium.

Anime has it's own problems, but a lack of variety or adult themes is not one of them. Western animation has stagnated to nothing but simple comedies with the occasional adult flavour or action scene in the middle of an otherwise static show.

Viacom and CBS split. CBS has the TV rights to star trek, Paramount has film rights. They cant use the star trek license.

I think William Shatner wrote a novel like that