Finish watching show the rest of Sup Forums has already seen

>finish watching show the rest of Sup Forums has already seen
>want to lurk a thread to see other people talk about it and post pretty art
>no one is posting about it
I've been waiting three days. Did you like Voltron? Because I did.

We're all currently dying in a new content drought.

I liked it.
I think shippers are pretty misguided, mostly because the characters are pretty flat and are really just drawn from templates.
It's decent action, the jokes can be hit or miss.
In terms of animation, presentation and style it's probably one of the best on-going american cartoons.

>pointless infighting and shitflinging
>fujoposting
>more infighting
>tumblr drama
>weird fetish posting
>more fujoposting
>I want to fuck this character
>I hate this character
>one post about the actual show

There you go. That’s pretty much how every voltron thread goes.

It's terrible. Short as fuck seasons 3 and 4.

>I think shippers are pretty misguided
The show is pretty pure. I didn't pick up any subtle adult jokes, there isn't really any romance, and even the violence isn't really violent. The edgy loner guy isn't even that edgy or that much of a loner. But there were moments where it felt like if it had been a different show it could have been a romantic moment. It's so fucking open, and I guess flat would be a good word for it too, that I can see how crazy shipshit happens.

Overall I thought the cast as a whole was fun

The arguing is pointless because we all know Shiro is the most fuckable.

>I guess flat would be a good word for it too

It's also the word for the best character.

Shiro may be the most fuckable but shirowives are the most insufferable thing in the threads.

I liked all the characters but I might have liked Pidge the least. Just because smartass short geniuses aren't my thing though.

I'm glade most of the dramatic shit between the characters wasn't drawn out.

Remember when the fandom thought Pidge was Trans?

Its a good show but we are currently suffering through a content drought so there is fuckall to talk about.

I made it through like the third episode before the balls-to-the-wall cringefest that was the 'humor' finally broke me.

>content drought
You mean thread-wise, or in general?
Because thread-wise they've been pretty shit.

Lance never got gangbanged like I had hoped

or Pidge

only Tumblr thought that.

In general. Few days ago Neil Caplan (voice of Zarkon) posted a picture and excerpt from Blade Runner. And people on Twitter discussed for days in what way it foreshadows new season Voltron. They are that desperate.

I marathoned it about a month ago. the first couple seasons were great, but the short seasons suffered in terms of storytelling. Like the animation though, reminds me a bit of Avatar. My biggest criticism is how small the most recent seasons have felt. I really like the sense of world building and mystery early on, but then, as the scope shrank, the characters like Zarkon, Keith, and Pidge's brother became less interesting. the Pidge's brother arc was particularly disappointing. There was so much build up from the very beginning and then it just ended up being meh.Then she finds him and he's just working a boring intelligence job and joins the crew as a secondary. It honestly would have been better if he had died and was actually part of that war monument, I feel like it would have been a good development for Pidge.

>come in to see fetishposting
>no fetishposting

Get to it you faggots.

I liked it. I hope they do more with the alt universe stuff. I also kinda want an episode where they go back Earth and deal with the aftermath of them disappearing out the blue.

no

I want Lance to get cucked

I like characters, but pretty much nothing else.

Okay. You asked for it.

Have three layers of fetish.

I wanted Matt to be dead too. I would also have thought there would be more between Matt and Shiro considering. I feel like they could do more with fleshing out the characters. One of my favorite bits is when Shiro explodes at Slav since he's normally more stoic.

I love Matt. I love how badly he upset the tumblr lancefags.

I like Matt too but I feel like him surviving is kind of cheating. The group needs some conflict and suffering.

Why did he piss off Tumblr?

Tumblr lancefags are a special breed that get enraged by anything that takes away the spotlight from Lance or Klance. Matt is a better version of Lance and received attention for it so they were not happy.

That's retarded shit

I want Lance to cuck someone.

hiatus, so discussion is moot. There will be plenty of threads when the next season comes out. I like the show. The Keith/Lance ship is pushed very hard by certain fans, and that confuses me.

I just want another season of Keith and Lance not talking to each other so we can be free from the idiots that make the fandom about obsessing over their shitty obviously not canon ship.

Dreamworks would never allow that.

Would they allow Pance?

Does Pance make them money and get them free press?

So there's not even a trailer drop until March or whenever this Seattle con is?

>black paladin in jail
>black in jail

if those fuckers are paladins, wtf is wrong with this world?

How much mecha action is there in this series?

Not as much as you would think there should be.

What a shame.

The bad guys don't make giant-monster-of-the-week plots. So Voltron itself is largely unmatched except in specific ship combat scenarios.

Am I the only one who's thirsty as fuck for Keith?

bump

You and the whole fandom.

>cryptic posts from the official social media accounts were just to remind people that ECCC exists
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

Dreamworks marketing does it again

Reminding people ECCC exists where they'll reveal the cryptic posts were about Lance all along.

I like Shiro most but Keith is a at too

bump

Keith manages to be the fandom bicycle by being a lot of people's second favorite character.

for what purpose? nothing to talk about until they throw us a bone via trailer/new interviews

I wanted to like it, but it just falls flat for me. It's like reverso-Korra. Where Korra suffered from an overabundance of melodrama, Voltron is starved for emotional stakes.

I know. I knew I was watching a kids show but it didnt really hit me until I noticed the rating was Y7 and I think that maybe why. Maybe if it was TV14 it'd be better. Or could be just as bad as Korra was.

>nothing to talk about until they throw us a bone via trailer/new interviews

I'm gonna guess Comic Con.

>Sendak's voice actor is on Twitter now

I'm getting slightly more positive that this means he'll be back.

Am I the only one who really wants Keith back?

Yes.

I want them dead next season
All of them

I'm not sure if I like it, or I just want to like it badly. All the ingredients are there to make a great show, but it keeps feeling like it's building up, then goes from 0 to 60 instantly.

IMO, they should have stretched the finding of the lions out an episode more or two, then not have them be able to form voltron until the penultimate or third to last episode of the first season.

And just about every trial is like this! They build it up to be some big thing, then knock it out it one episode without much to do. For three seasons we keep getting hints of 'is matt out there?', then Pidge goes and finds him in one episode. The third episode where she's desperately trying to download information on him was the best 'where's matt'? action we ever got.

Pidge is a girl? A total of ten minutes of show is given to this.

Lance's insecurity? Introduced, resolved, not brought up again.

Shiro's missing? One episode, and he finds his way back to voltron. Only one arm? NBD.

Keith is half gaalra? One or two episodes before it's not a big deal. Joining assassins? Again, one or two episodes.

Hunk is a FtM tranny? Referenced only in one scene.

They've got all these great characters, and they're doing nothing with them! 39 episodes and we still don't have a great grip on the characters. In 39 episodes, A:tLA had Tales of Ba Sing Se, Zuko Alone, The Library, The Blind Bandit and Jet, brilliant episodes which explored character motivations, personalities, operating methods and ideologies.

Also this.

>pic needs to be animated

Remember when Sup Forums correctly predicted Pidge was a reverse trap.

Keith is my favourite boy in the show. Pidge is best girl.

This.

Jake Eberle has been doing a lot of anime gigs (he’s in Hunter X Hunter) as of late, that might be a factor as well.

I was going to say that Pidge doesn't really have a lot of competition but then I remembered Lotor had women on his crew though non of them made much of an impression on me.

It did feel like they conveniently overcame everything thrown at them. It also felt like they're pushing to get through things fast which made me wonder if they're not trying to fit a shitload of plot into however many episodes they've been given.

Don't suppose anybody has a webm of that bit when they land on Naxela? I thought that was pretty cool. With the fog and shit.

That's true. I think he does voice work for video games too.

The show would be so much better without Keith. He's like the Mako of Voltron.

Less eyecandy, though.

Wow, incredible that Sup Forums predicted something that was spoiled in interviews before the show even aired

Yeah he’s in some games.

I find it awesome that a lot of the VAs on Voltron especially for the Galras end up in anime. David Collins who voiced Morvok went on to voice the villain in Erased.

That's pretty cool. I love the voice acting for the Galra in the show.

I'm a bit surprised Jake Eberle finally joined Twitter. His online profile is pretty low.

What will it take to make you love him, Sup Forums?

Sup Forums found him more tolerable in season four actually. We saw his keikaku bullshit start to fall apart.

I still don't love him though.

Let's see how he gets along with the group

I’ve always liked him.

His voice is epic.

A loving, monogamous relationship with Keith.

I usually try not to be too hard on shippers cause at heart I am one. But then I learn of stuff like that and I feel so tired.

But it's so boring without him around.

I just wish they aired Voltron one episode a week. It would make the threads a whole lot more fun and the excitement and speculation between episodes would give us something to talk about other than just fucking shipping. Also we would have an entire week to make art and have drawfag requests and shit and it would just last longer overall. Thoughts?

I prefer the binge format personally. Watching through everything at once, discussing for a couple weeks, then moving on to something else for a while actually keeps me more engaged with a show overall. With week-to-week shows I will end up juggling too many and just dropping them instead.
That said, Dreamworks has managed to hit the bullseye for ruining everything good about the format by combining ever-smaller "seasons" with huge hiatuses, so it's shit either way.

Matt is such a cutie. I still think he should have died but damn.

>Matt dying
This was never going to happen. Having both siblings die would be too dark, and then there wouldn't be anyone to replace Pidge on the team.

Boi do you want the galrafags to run free because the last time they did we had "DEEP LORE" anons harping on about mpreg and keith's galra autism

>In my friends discord
>Talking about voltron
>It goes to ship drama
>PTSD of /vld/ for months on end about it
Which one of you fuckers is bringing up Sheith in my gay art discord

There is mecha action, but the battles are.....underwhelming. There are a few that get attention because they blend cgi and animation, but most of them are pretty meh.

Yeah. They need to suffer more though. I don't see how Matt being killed offscreen is too dark but Shiro being captured and experimented on by Galra twice isnt. Or how Thace was tortured and then suicide bombed himself.

Lance, Hunk, and Pidge are still missing from Earth too.

I feel like it if it was weekly, a lot of people would have dropped it since a lot of people felt the first episode was weak. In cases like that, the binge format works in a shows favor.

They've just dropped the ball on promoting the show during the hiatus this time around. It's probably a case of a lot of the staff getting tired of interacting with the batshit people in this fandom. Can't say I blame them.

DW is like this with all their shows, Voltron isn't getting any special or unique treatment in that regard.

Galra autism is canon, user.

I watched the first season and basically had no drive to continue watching it after that

I'd give it a 5/10, it was just fucking boring

bump

I dropped the show because I realized they will never give Keith batcat form.

Anyone have the Studio Mir leaks? Been a while since I've seen them would probably notice some stuff now that we have more seasons to reference.

You'll always have fanart.

I haven't watched the whole show
do they all know pidge is a reverse trap yet?

Question: How is Godzilla animated film??

Don't see it discussed here ever.

If all his plans continue to fail, I will start to love him.

You're not. Keith is best girl.