Why can't millennials compete with immigrants in the labor market?

Why can't millennials compete with immigrants in the labor market?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UGL-Ex1CD1c&t=3m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

laziness

No but they will compete in the oppression market

Because immigrants have no self-value. They will work for taco.

While millennials were getting debt and a degree in Gender Studies, immigrants were getting real world experience and learning trades. Result? Immigrants have skills that employers want and can afford to work for lower wages because they have no college debt.

Cant pay today's bills with slave wages

entitlement

Does this slut do anything else besides look like a 3/10 andro?

>Why can't millennials compete with immigrants in the labor market?
Because illegals allow themselves to work as semi-slaves.

You cant compete with that.
Laws exist as a shield, to avoid as some example your boss paying you just one dollar per month.

In some way illegals are like anarcho capitalists are ok with getting fucked for the sake of wining some battles

youtube.com/watch?v=UGL-Ex1CD1c&t=3m50s

Because non-whites own the businesses and only hire other non-whites. White people are being oppressed and discriminated against.

I work on building sites, and nearly all of my co workers are white British males

Bad attitudes and unwarranted self-importance. They expect to be made VP after a 3 month internship, then pout and slack off when they aren't. Special snowflakes in the labor market.

Because they "deserve" better... Entitlement; it's as simple as that.

Oh look...

One of those cut and paste preelection CTR slide threads.

So, what happened that there is a need for new slide threads?

Wow, it's almost as if you live in a white British nation.

Wages are too low. I would pick fruit for a competitive wage.

Because immigrants are willing to work for pennies and off the books.

Government policy has been to reduce education standards so that even the most retarded child can get an A.
Government policy has also been to make native labour very expensive.
The state of millennials is a result of government policy.

BECAUSE TOO MANY OF THEM STUDY HUMANITIES

I just recently got a job at a company in the IT field. Lots of my coworkers are recent STEM (mostly CS) graduates, but a fair number is non-citizens from all over the world. They are bright, they have *actual* knowledge, and they generally have good work ethic and values. Indians are especially awesome.

Meanwhile, your local white Starbucks baristas probably have some horseshit degree in WaGS or psychology or sociology as they demand that they're paid as much per hour as fucking professionals.

Don't get me wrong, the humanities are important, but we need far fewer people going into them than science, medicine, engineering, etc.

We imported niggers to do wagecuck jobs. It's against my self interest to compete on the same sector.

Most millennials are a bunch of limp-wristed spoiled brats that were raised to believe the gov't owes them something.

>nearly

>BECAUSE TOO MANY OF THEM STUDY HUMANITIES
Government policy has been to increase the school leaving age to mid twenties by pushing everyone to go to universities, in order to mask the massive youth unemployment problem.

The government forced us into schools for 13 years taking us away from our mothers and fathers where we experienced torture from children and teachers alike.

Bloody oath the government owes us.

The immigrants are "millenials" too, and they shouldn't have to compete with unskilled labour from shoddy educational and experience backgrounds that work for wages set not to residents of the U.S., but to poor countries where $10 am hour can support a family of 7.

1) Unskilled immigrants are more willing to work for shit pay because desperation, and thus make better slaves.

2) Skilled immigrants are more likely to be in fields with actual purpose (i.e. engineering, medicine), whereas """skilled""" millennials tend to be in humanities and social science fields.

Western governments have tried to fix this problem by bringing in massive influxes of foreigners, but that's obviously not working and has caused a massive backlash. But on the other hand so many of our youth are fucking turbo-cucks that we need to bring in immigrants to do both shit jobs and high-level jobs while said turbo-cucks wank themselves off to gender studies.

The optimum solution is to de-cuck our youth going forward. Obviously the current crop of millennials is a lost cause, but future cohorts don't need to suffer the same fate.

The government literally does owe things to the people, though. That's why it exists, to fulfill those obligations.

Immigrants come from countries that don't even have shutters, but they can still figure out how to use the right one

It is illegal.
>muh minimum wage

That's ok, as we go forward into an increasingly more technologically complex world, more and more of our lives will likely be spent studying on education. We do need a major overhaul of the education system, though. We need to provide more incentives for students to choose majors that are marketable in the "real world" and stop telling kids that they can go to school and just study whatever the fuck they want.

*will likely be spent on education

oopsie..

>That's ok, as we go forward into an increasingly more technologically complex world
What, to force people that don't have any ability to get worthless degrees?
I'm sorry to tell you but arts and "communications" degrees are how "we go forward into an increasingly more technologically complex world"

It's also wrong to say that you need a university degree for "going forward into an increasingly more technologically complex world"

(OP)
Immigrants come from countries that don't even have shitters, but they can still figure out how to use the right one

cuz they dont wanna fucking work

>Government policy has been to increase the school leaving age to mid twenties by pushing everyone to go to universities, in order to mask the massive youth unemployment problem.
HOLY FUCK SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT
and anyone whos invested in educational institutions is making big money

There's 1 muslim and 1 lithuanian.

And then there's redders

You are the first native in IT I've heard to ever compliment Indian workers.

That's two too many, there's already massive youth unemployment in the UK.

affirmative and quotas and in my countries case the shitskins get everything cared and paid for by the government so they never really feel the stress of having to pay rent, save money for food and utilities etc

if i didnt have to worry over the roof over my head and could get a job just being being brown i would be as relaxed as a nigger and motivated as a old school aryan

>Laws exist as a shield, to avoid as some example your boss paying you just one dollar per month.

"Without the government I would have no choice but to sell my labor for 10 cents per hour"

>incentives

WTF more incentive do you need than being able to pay for your own lifestyle and a six figure salary within 5 years or less depending on the field? A blow job every week?

Take that back, even sex is easy when you're making more than a starbucks cuck.

Because they rather be posting on Sup Forums on how Mexicans are lazy and take welfare

Twins... Nice

This. And when there are a fuckton of them streaming into the country, under DREAM and God-knows whatever other legality, it's impossibly hard for youth to grow into a position after education.
Hopefully, Trump will follow through with doing something about this on the immigration front.

why do you think

ill teach yall why
>mr balck man come he say mr boss man sir can i hab a job please
>mr boss man say you wanna work for less money
>yes mr boss man i workered for the less money please sir
>okay then Charles teach this man how to do your job
1 week later
>charles did u teach him? GOOD your fired

What jobs though? all these "manufacturing jobs" don't even exist. As a millennial I'm ready to be in the workforce but it's not going to happen instead im going to be tending to crops in a endless field with little to no people because millennials do not want to do that... Immigration is good for us weather we like it or not. I'm for the WALL as long they come in legally with work visas.

Actually I'm from Eastern Europe, although I've been naturalized for a few years now.

Indians are great. And desi girls are fucking hot, especially ones from south India, imo. They do make their tea all wrong though, which is a shame.

That's not what I'm saying. My point is that a larger percentage of our lives will likely be spent getting ourselves educated precisely because our technology is increasingly more complex and therefore more difficult to understand.

By the way, I'm not saying that everyone should necessarily have a university degree. I think our education system needs a major overhaul -- away from the classroom setting and possibly even away from individual subjects to a more interdisciplinary and hands-on way of learning. I think Finland has been experimenting with this type of thing, I'd be interesting in hearing some opinions on that from some Finnish anons.

I'm not just talking about manufacturing jobs, but high-tech ones too. On one hand you have Indian call center techs named 'Bob' ready to take the job for $5 per day, on on the other hand:
>immigrants have no self-value. They will work for taco
Add to this the fucking AA quotas and other garbage and it becomes pretty fucking difficult to find the jobs with an actually livable salary (i.e. not cotton picking).

>I'm for the WALL as long they come in legally with work visas
The problem is, with the companies that backed Obama's/Hillary's immigration plan, I don't trust the one bit to actually give the jobs to Americans before they give them to foreigners. And even when they abide by that, it's not like they'll fire the foreigners as soon as the next wave of Millenials finishes with education for the non-minimum-wage jobs.

It's an involved issue, but most solutions include the WALL.

>I think our education system needs a major overhaul -- away from the classroom setting and possibly even away from individual subjects to a more interdisciplinary and hands-on way of learning. I think Finland has been experimenting with this type of thing
Britain used to have the best education system in the world until idiots started trying to improve it, make it more accessible or make it like the systems of other countries.
There's a reason this kind of meddling will always fail - the British education system had been evolving according to some fitness function which correlated with producing results, then the government comes in, with good intentions no doubt, and replaces that fitness function with "how closely does this look like a foreign system" or "does the most retarded student get an A" and very quickly the schools start to evolve away from producing results and towards being the best at whatever retarded thing your government policy is.
Currently the UK education system is great at giving people A's in maths because "how many A's have I given out" has become the fitness function rather than "how well do students understand the subjects".

Surprisingly true post from a leaf.

yeah - but people are making their educational decisions when they're 15-18 (depending on the country's secondary education system) and not fully cognitively developed and still, for the most part, think that what their peers think of them/how much fun they can have is the driving factor for their decisions. e.i. here are the perceived choices for a 16 year old kid raised on liberal television

1) spend the next 4 years of your life learning how to make the world a better place for underrepresented minorities while having a lot of fun with cool professors and classmates as you pursue your privilege checking degree with minimal commitment

2) be ostracized from your friends as your increasingly intellectually challenging and demanding physics program goes on for 4 years with no end in sight and you're gonna be spending 10 hours a day on weekends studying and doing homework and your job is going to suck, anyway, because you'll be doing really hard work with fucking nerds for 70 hours a week (but you'll get paid well)

i don't think there need to be "incentives", per-say, but at least some way to make STEM seem more appealing in a short-run sort of way

hell, the only reason i'm about to complete my applied math, physics, and computer science degree is because my dad refused to help me through school unless i got a STEM degree

That's sad, user.

I'm not saying anyone should copy the Finnish way, every country and locale should tailor their education to their own population's needs. Grade inflation is shitty, and it's a problem around here too. I've got a feeling that it's at least party because our countries have been importing too many people from lower-IQ populations.

>I'm not saying anyone should copy the Finnish way, every country and locale should tailor their education to their own population's needs.
This is done by getting the governments hands away from education.
An A in our current maths highers, that's usually the highest level of certificate you get from a higschool is currently equivalent to the first level of qualification you used to get during the 60's, before the government decided to make education "accessible". It was even once said that a British high school education was the equivalent of an American college education.

Grade inflation is a natural result of changing the fitness function by which the schools evolve.

>life quality slowly increases over hundred of years
>opportunity for decent jobs with decent effort and decent pay
>hold on goy you have it too easy, time to tax fuck out of you sending you back to age of kings and serfs and give everything for free to foreigners

It's 2016, we should be exploring space as part of elementary education right now, instead they expectect me to slave like niggers hundreds years ago with the threat of selling my country to subhumans if I don't want to, why wouldn't I opt out? Why pay taxes when they don't improve my quality of life but feed subhumans who literally suck dick for sack of rice?

>immigrants were getting real world experience and learning trades
>picking up welfare checks, shitting more anchor babies and driving price of easy jobs to the ground is trade

lmao where whites can apply

Legal citizens can't work for the lower wages - it's part of muh workers rights.

And legal citizens shouldn't have to work for lower wages either, just because Jose is willing to work for a single taco per day.

Large businesses that can't pay taxes, keep people fed and housed should die out. That's only right.

Small business gets all sorts of exceptions because they're fighting to grow and become great. That is also right.

When did I say otherwise?

What are you trying to say? You've just repeated some vague bernie platitude.

If Walmart wants to conquer a small town and pay workers a bag of rice per day they can absolutely do so. It's within their power. But because of worker rights laws they have to at least pay 4 bags of rice per day.

Protecting people from the sociopathic desires of pure business is the government's job so stop shit talking it dumbass.

This scenario would never occur without open borders - without open borders business actually has to compete for employees.

>is the government's job
It's the government's job to tell me how much I can sell my time for? What else should the government regulate the price of?

Guys, I live in a part of Mass that is seeing the lowest unemployment rates in 35 years. My sister works as a corporate lawyer, and says they are consistently looking for new people to hire.

Lack of skilled labor, that's it. I'm working on moving into a field right now and the problem is gen y has no applicable skills, and no one wants to train them. We are literally ten years away from a full blown labor shortage here.

> It's the government's job to tell me how much I can sell my time for?
You are perfectly within your legal rights to work for free. It is also within your legal rights to make sure that absolutely no one can FORCE you to work for free under any circumstance.

Say the faggot, in front of his computer, buying by his mother...

>absolutely no one can FORCE you to work for free under any circumstance
Even as punishment for a criminal offence? :^)
When exactly did I claim someone should be able to force you to work? The minimum wage isn't concerned with forcing people to work, it's concerned with any work. (well, most work)

Commenting on E-Sports I think.

The girl in this pic follows me on Instagram for some reason

> The minimum wage isn't concerned with forcing people to work,
Correct. It's concerned with forcing job makers to PAY people to work. It is not in a business' interests to spend money, even on wages.

>no one wants to train them

well isn't that the problem? colleges are willing to hand out degrees in almost literally bullshit - people question the credibility of being a self-taught this that the other - and employers see employees as a pure commodity that you can buy and trade like baseball cards so they do their best to not train anybody in anything

most of the "entry level" positions im looking at require "1-3 years relevant experience in the field" which more or less reads "make sure that somebody else trained you"

>Correct. It's concerned with forcing job makers to PAY people to work.
This contradicts
>You are perfectly within your legal rights to work for free.
I cannot work for nothing if the employer is forced to pay me more than nothing.
You're basically an idiot.

>It is not in a business' interests to spend money, even on wages.
It's in the business' interest to have employees.

> I cannot work for nothing if the employer is forced to pay me more than nothing.
You're basically an idiot.
Yes you can. You walk up to an employer and ask them to do it for free.
They will do one of two things:
> Think you are federal shill sent to shut them down and refuse
> Let you work for free

>most of the "entry level" positions im looking at require "1-3 years relevant experience in the field" which more or less reads "make sure that somebody else trained you"

Fucking this. Instead of investing in employees, businesses are just scalping talent off of each other. That's ok to do once in a while in a pinch, but when it becomes your only hiring strategy, and everybody else is doing it....then congratulations! You've created a "skills shortage" which is actually a training shortfall.

How is she high fiving herself?

>> Let you work for free
Yeah, business love leaving themselves vulnerable to being sued. :^)

>buying by his mother...

Fucking frenchtard muslims. We don't need any more stupid people in Europe, GTFO asshat.