/hyw/ How's Your Webcomic? #448

Previous thread: →

Thread Question: do you write your webcomic with printing a book in mind? Self publish or publisher? have you ever bought any other webcomic's books?

Here's a list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

> /hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> /hyw/ DISCORD CHAT
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do's and Dont's for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Capeworld & Mitch's Podcast, Ep. 1:
youtube.com/watch?v=vEwm_duF578

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/rC77L
tapas.io/episode/798692
tapas.io/episode/798696
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reposting.

Still looking good, keep up the good work.

You guys ever wanted to fuck a rock? They are usually formed over like hundreds of years so you don't need to worry about them being so young.

>shitty comic

get the fuck out with that shit man. My bias is showing through cuz I personally like it, but I think this comic has genuine potential. Just keep rolling out those jokes about how awful this girls are, and maybe something cute for the boy

let it die

Whoa! Is Steven Universe finally getting that dating sim I've been wishing for?!

Thread Question:

>do you write your webcomic with printing a book in mind? Self publish or publisher?
Not really. but I think if my comic ever got published it would be by one of those weird low teir guys. the most I can expect is seeing Delruby next to weird books on the shelf's of middle school library's like warrior cats or maximum ride. Id be happy with that honestly
>have you ever bought any other webcomic's books?
I wish I knew more webcomics that have been published

quickly drafted up this one before bed since I can come back to it in the morning with a better idea on what to fix.

nigga I'm talking full on dick in a quarry

Off to a nice start, I see.

>Thread Question: do you write your webcomic with printing a book in mind? Self publish or publisher? have you ever bought any other webcomic's books?
First webcomic I did wasn't. It was a peoject planned to be published that went down, and I had about 80% done, so I decided to make it a webcomic.
Second webcomic was me being sweet talked by a friend into making it because he likes the story. Cancelled it because no one read it, not even him.
Third one is the first time I thought I could get anywhere with it, but I didn't have enough gas to push through, and erratic updates, plus usual readership ADD got me nowhere.
I don't know if I should expect something from my fourth project, I just want to do it (not now), and I don't care where it takes me.
I bought a printed webcomic, made by someone I met doing my own stuff, who I admire a lot, would buy again.

Yeah I got no complaints with your panel flow and drawing choices.
From personal experience and with ease-in-mind, reduce the size of some of the talking heads in the middle if you have a lot to say.
It's usually a good idea to leave about 1/3 of the panel or more open for dialogue space.

This way you have an easier time drawing something smaller and you have ample space to fit dialogue and not clutter the space.

Hope that helps. You're improving very quickly, glad you're sticking with it. And here's hoping this draft of the story keeps going!

Hey, this is actually some chuckle-worthy shit.

Kinda reminds me of Adventure Time and Ren and Stimpy.

I actually kind of what to explain why I started over since alot of people were confused by that.

while writing chapter 3, I got this sort of better start in my mind. in C3 hiroe starts talking about how her dad ws kidnapped but I never showed it. it's like a walking sim where you're learning about events that already happened. as I kept writing I realized this better beginning would have helped the writing for chapter 3 so much. I decided to restart so I could give a real start to an adventure rather than having them dick around for a bit and then decide to go on their quest to find sarutobi.
I feel it's better for the story if their quest is laid out immediately, with an added bonus of fixing continuity errors. I'll be going into the would be chapter 3 as planned but this time as chapter 2, and introducing hiroes grandma then instead.

ughhh boy do I feel your pain. Ok then by all means, keep doing what you're doing, cuz I can tell you're learning a lot about your story.

It sucks to see you throw away your last draft, but I agree you establishing the journey as soon as possible is important to hook readers.

I'm glad you're willing to scrape your knees and throw away work to forge a new and better path. God knows I never did.

I had a feeling the farther I got into the story the more I would have regretted it. them finally deciding to go on their quest was set for chapter fucking 5 and that would have been terrible. it does suck I have to throw away the clash of stupid, pam vs genius, steven from chapter 2. I liked drawing that fight.

It was a fun fight to read. But you've learned a lot, you got better paneling techniques, your art is getting solidified and by time you work up to another fight with Mr. Genius, it's gonna probably be even better!

I'm happy I don't get OP's reference.

shhh don't bring attention to it! You'll only fuel fires and shitposting you fool!

Well it was a kind and comfortable thread while it lasted.

fight neggy with pozzy
if the guy who posted that Element comic is here: I like your comic. I'm readin it now
it reminds me of a lot of comics that I like that have bad art but I like them anyway, except with good art instead. That's like making soul food with rich quality ingredients instead of garbage.

Don't let it end!

I still gotta pick that one up, the protagonist alone gets me excited. Some times you just want a positive hero with gumption and zero scruples.

You enjoying it?

>I'm trying to get a /hyw/ RPG group set up
Maybe you guys should start with something easier? Like a round in pubg's.

More or less done with my first ever comic chapter so yeah. imgur.com/a/rC77L

Here's a spoiler, nothing really happens. It's a false start chapter. I wanted to see if I can make something without giving up right away.
Don't expect much from this as I called it the "Good Enough Edition" or the half ass edition since I just started rushing half way through, leaving mistakes like bad perspective, art, dialogue and what not.
Next goal is to do a little bit better in chapter two.

>I left the thread for 10 hours
>Everything went nuclear and devolved into an all-out war between namefags

Why do you people do this?

is this too violent for cover page?
i want to make it a slight warning thing....

They're broken. You know it's bad when the sanest one is transgender.

still going, if anyones awake

Ohhh
Yeah, it's not for all audiences.

i dunno how these threads work, never posted on one but, here's a webcomic i started i few months ago and have (SLOWLY) been making headway on. tapas.io/episode/798692

Hopefully it will take me less than 4 years (but i doubt it).

Here's the page I posted before the last thread died

>tapas.io/episode/798696
nice smoke

thx

your onomatopoeias randomly have and don't have ** symbols around them

Looks great, thanks!
Yes, I'm interested. Is it even possible to play tabletops online?

btw pls help

Is that bad?

it'd be better if it was consistent, but it's not a big deal

Has anyone here looked into Google AdWords?

Last thread was the funniest /hyw/ thread I have read in a long time

>Namefags fighting for hours
>Gorilandfag is actually a girl and posted vocaroos
>Tranny vs Pedo fight (the pedo won IMO)
>Capeworld took off his trip to post his opinions because he's too much of a pussy to have any kind of bad PR
Just amazing

I rather have pedos than trannies

>Thread Question: do you write your webcomic with printing a book in mind? Self publish or publisher? have you ever bought any other webcomic's books?
No, N/A, no.

Me too, I dislike trannies a lot for some reason, I don't know what it is.

>Thread Question: do you write your webcomic with printing a book in mind? Self publish or publisher?
I tried once, worst people I've ever worked with.

greentext us a story, auntie dewd

Trying to design an outfit that's both modest and slightly exposing. Something that a somewhat shy but dignified big breasted anime girl would wear. Leaning towards a type of dress but does anyone have any suggestions?

>>Gorilandfag is actually a girl and posted vocaroos
WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

What do people think about online book printing services like Lulu or blurb? Is there something better out there in terms of quality or price?

Remember when you said you weren't going to post in /hyw/ anymore?

>believing anything a tranny says

i added it to my list
looks ok and promising but reads kinda slow, so i won't read it until you will have submitted ten more pages but you get a +1 to subscriber count

I'm too lazy to link it to you, just check last thread

Depends what you want the books for.

Print On Demand is fine if you just want to make your book available for sale, and don't mind selling in low quantities and getting a small cut of the sales. While there's no up front cost, the POD printers get the biggest chunk of the cover price before passing what's left on to you.
You'll also need to do some research on the print quality of their books.

If you want stock to sell yourself, at conventions or via mail order, then you'd be better off finding a local print shop (ideally one that has experience printing comics). But you'll need cash in advance to cover the costs.

at least knee-long dress that still has flattering cleavage
the dress doesn't have neon or high contrast colours

Tell us all about the Blu Trinity experience.

there isn't much to tell, they just published my books with the chapters out of order twice and then fucked off forever without a word.

Don't forget how they got mad at you for the racist language in your comic!

Yeah but why did you even join some rando with a stupid as fuck name like "BlU tRiNiTy" who had no experience and no credibility?

I just skimmed through the last thread and holy shit, what a masterpiece. Will it ever be topped??? Can Mabel ever recover from getting BTFO? Will Goriland and ColdFusion combine their respective loves of little boys and little girls into the ultimate pedo comic? Will feelsposter ever feel anything good? Tune in next time to /hyw/!

oh yeah, because black people aren't allowed to say the N word.

It's just a weird thing I got, when I see an opportunity, I just gotta take it.

You’re human garbage, that’s what it is.

>Will Goriland and ColdFusion combine their respective loves of little boys and little girls into the ultimate pedo comic?
I would love to see that desu

There is literally no way gorilandfag is actually female.

She proved it last thread

>Gorilandfag is actually a girl
So naive.

He could just ask a female friend.

You have it reversed. Gorilandfag got completely REKT by Mabel.

at 3 am?

Sorry tranny, but no, you were destroyed

Why not.

I hate goriland and her webcomic but I have to admit mabel got BTFO there.
All mabel said was
>muh feelings
>muh choises

Just checked the audios, sound female to me

just because you got stiffy from listening to her voice doesn't mean she won anything

I loved how Capeworld starting playing Jerry Springer chants.

Gotland is a 12 year old or a big pedo using a voice changer.

>You're just white knighting her
No, I'm telling you what in my opinion happened

Nazi pedo girl vs Tranny Luffy

What are their politics? I want them to get in a politics fight.

Ah hell, what are the politics of other namefags?

Oh no, this is how the persona stuff begins.

That was a shitshow, but I don't even know if you can even say anyone 'won'. It was just shitflinging.
>I don't like you because you're a tranny
>I don't like you because you're a pedo
>Let's just shit on each other for the entire thread

There was no win. If you thought there was a 'win' then it might just be up to your biases.

Cute

>white knighting
aren't "white knights" supposed not to be perverts?
>No, I'm telling you what in my opinion happened
not that I recognise anonymous people individually so I may be wrong about (you), but the general reaction's to paedohpile's vocaroo makes it obvious that /hyw/ degenerates sided with her against luffymom solely because of their penis-feelings

So you didn't read shit, got it

>aren't "white knights" supposed not to be perverts?
They are perverts, but they act like they aren't.

Dewd, you're white, and you're writing black characters in an extremely stereotypical manner, and you are the one making them say nigga. That's something a lot of people, Blu Trinity included, have a problem with.

>asking dewd why he did something stupid
do I need to spell it out for you, user?

oh so it's like those recent accusation of male feminists of sexual assault
t. triggered penis

to be fair everyone on Sup Forums is a pervert.

CreateSpace is pretty cheap and of decent quality. And they'll have your book listed on amazon which is a huge plus since all your potential buyers most likely have amazon accounts already.

ara ara~

i still believe in polish user
she wouldn't let down the Pope

How do I know if I'm good enough to start my comic?

>writes about yaoi shota
in hindsight it's more likely that gorifag is a girl

You don't.

So start.

it's not about being good enough
it's about having your plot written down

No one waits for that moment.
You see, large part of webcomic charm is to watch the author's skill grow from one page to another. It's like day to day photos.
Webcomic of absolute skilled artist would probably be boring. Good but boring.

Nice try, but I can tell you aren't coldfusion because he would have used his creepy pet name for her.

Capeworld and Mitch are MAGA. Polish user is pretty conservative.

Well, Mr. Bling is a character I wrote and then put into the gizoogle translator.

And annabeth says it because he's an edgy little fucker that the fans are SUPPOSED to hate, but for some reason they do.

why would i ever try to impersonate any of the awful people here
i'm another polish user (but not THE polish user), the one who convinced the polish user to submit her comic in polish as well

Would best Star Trek girl the horta count as a rock?

How many panels a day should I draw?
How many panels a day you draw?
What's the more or less perfect schedule for daily comic?

>Mr. Bling is a character I wrote and then put into the gizoogle translator
I genuinely cannot tell if this is better or worse than you writing it all yourself.

I don't know if you are joking about the pope part or not but I'm not catholic anymore. But I guess I'm not pervent.

>Polish user is pretty conservative.
Am I now? And how exactly?

ohoho~
Fajnie znów cię widzieć. A ty myślisz, że jestem/mój komiks jest konserwatywny?

Do you go to school/have a job?

I agree with you here, but how am I supposed to call her now? Gorilandfag doesn't work anymore.