What happened with this show...

What happened with this show? I heard it's ending soon and I ditched it early back when it stopped being an adventure story and they started this really gay shipping crap.

What did I miss? What's even currently happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8
madridista-again.tumblr.com/tagged/adventure-time
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They solved next to none of the lingering plot threads, and decided that the only things they'd actually tackle would be self-contained in miniseries (Stakes, Islands, and Elements). And now with the clock running down, they have added more shitty uninteresting plot lines such as Bubblegum's created relatives (Gumbald) conspiring against her. It will ultimately end pretty poorly and squander a lot of opportunities by cramming in tons of shit just to tie it all in to the shitty decision they made in regards to focusing on Gumbald.

A crying shame the show turned out to be shit once sugar and ward left or stopped being involved. I just wish CN didnt forget about it, i have such fond memories of this show

>They solved next to none of the lingering plot threads
>and decided that the only things they'd actually tackle would be self-contained in miniseries (Stakes, Islands, and Elements).
What the fuck are you talking about? All those miniseries went about wrapping up the bulk of those plot threads.
>Stakes - Marceline and Simon's past
>Islands - Finn's mother and father
>Elements - Jake's lineage, the history of Ooo
There's next to nothing left at this point. I swear to god It feels like most of Sup Forums dropped the show hence why most of the complaints I've seen don't even apply to the show anymore.
You're a fucking idiot for even believing him and not catching up. No wonder you'd believe anything.

>once sugar left
It stopped being shit after she fucked off though.

Holy fuck, i was saying how fucked up CN is treating it. Its still not perfect though, i saw all the episodes i missed after i dropped it 3 years ago and it still has some bad writing

It got worse when she left, she made alot of good things happen in it

Are you legit retarded? Look at the sheer breadth of things that need resolution with AT still. Those drawn out arcs did nothing but burn episodes when the majority of those things could have been resolved in maybe two solid eleven-minute runs, or done over an extended period gradually. You're telling me that Stakes was well plotted and didn't feel like wasted time for 3/4 of its run? Or Elements didn't linger around for far too long, and then jump into the LSP status quo restart in order to shoehorn in the Gumbald plot line?

AT got dragged into the same event-after-event-after-event sand trap that Marvel got put into and subsequently ruined by.

No not at all

>once sugar
I love how retards are still saving this despite of how bad Steven Universe currently is

I love how you went from saying that the show hasn't resolved any of its plotlines to complaining about plotting.

Nice argument you got their faggot
Just because she sucks at controlling her staff at SU doesnt mean shes not a good writer you fucking retard

...She writes Steven Universe retard which is currently shit

I love how you can't read, because I wrote:
Do you understand degrees of difference, or does your autism prevent things like that? Serious question here, it'll help me understand how to respond to you and whether I should hold back from bullying you out of common decency towards the mentally disabled.

AT has solved maybe 1/10th of the outstanding plot lines that need resolving. The three arcs solved... 4? 5? And used TWENTY FOUR combined episodes to do it. And they subsequently introduced a new subplot that is acting like a time sieve and consuming what few episodes remain. But, hey, fuck it, you can pretend that none of that matters.

Okay... guess I'm responding to now.

>AT has solved maybe 1/10th of the outstanding plot lines that need resolving.
Good to see you haven't been keeping up

Except they did you fucking dumbass, Once again you're just proving my fucking point and are just looking for something different to complain about.

I'd like to know what lingering plot threads have the show not solved yet and what new subplots have been added?

Its currently shit mostly because of the other crew, you fucking downie

>Its currently shit mostly because of the other crew
Nope

Is there a running list of all the Adventure time arcs and whether or not they've been solved yet?

>Sugar is supposedly blameless for the show's drop in quality despite being the showrunner and the writer its everyone else's fault but her

she is at fault, but she's not the writer. The problem is she doesn't keep tight control of the writers as the showrunner

Honestly, at this point the only plot points I care about are GOLB, Gumbald, the Lich, Normal man, Finn’s Dad, and whether or not Finn gets laid.

We’re prob only going to get the endings to Gumbald, Jake’s heritage, and GOLB.

SOLVED:
>Finn's parents
>Elementals plot
>Finn's arm
>Orgalorg and the comet
>Farmworld
>Marceline's past (Stakes and the Enchirdion + Marcy's Scrapbook)
>The humans outside Ooo
>Susan Strong
>James and the Ooozers/Goo Monsters
>Bubblegum's past
>Farmworld Lich's hand

NOT SOLVED:
>GOLB
>The Mushroom War (this one is probably not going to be solved at all)
>Fern/The Green Knight
>Ice Thing
>Magic Betty and Ice King
>Gumbald's plan
>Dr. Gross and Tiffany's fate (we don't know if they survived the explosion or not)
>Martin's cosmic crime
>Jake's upcoming death (foreshadowed a lot of times)
>The Rising (whatever the grass demon was talking about)
>Prismo's boss
>Jake the Shapeshifter
>The nightmare juice (the vial Nightmare Princess gave to Finn in Orb)
>Sweet P (maybe)
>Finn's love life (although it's pretty much confirmed that he's going to end with Huntress Wizard)

If I forgot something, let me know

I'm fine if they leave a few things up to mystery, its fun to theorize

Here is a list in no particular order:

>Ice King/ Simon resolution
>Normal man and Betty on Mars
>Marceline's Mom
>PB's poorly timed family shit
>Fern (the grass demon and lil' Finn)
>Where Fionna and Cake gets beamed from into Ice King's head
>The Lich/Sweet Pea
>Jake's real father and nature
>BMO and the MO cube
>Fucking Goliad and Stormo holy shit how long has that been?
>Everything we see in Lemonhope 2 and Graybles 1000+
>Magic, and why it makes people crazy
>Finn's Pillow family
>GOLB (what he is, his relation to the lich and death as seen in Puhoy)
>Tiffany and Dr. Gross
>Maja and the battle elephant
>PB facing justice for literal genocide
>Canyon (why does this character exist except to fulfill a giantess fetish?)
>Martin and his new mode of existence
>The weird PB vision from Breezy
>Neddy
>Huntress Wizard and Finn
>Jake's rapidly aging family
> Shit lesbian ship.

>What happened with this show?
Too many cooks in the kitchen and as a result the storyline was disjointed.

this times a bajillion

I was so intrigued by this show and it marked the revival of kids shows that adults could enjoy (remember all the sex jokes from 90s cartoons?)

I had high hopes for it and then it turned out to be another "im just gonna tease at shit that i'm making up as I go along" just like SU

so disappointed

on a brighter note, the girl who sings the ending theme lives close to me and I like her music a lot. very comfy

bump

I still don't get how they are going to tie up Golb, Normal Man/Betty, Prismo, Jake's Destiny, Bubblgum's Family, Dr. Gross, The Lich, Martin, and future Ooo all in like 8 fucking eleven minute episodes. It's going to be a rushed disaster.

I think McHale leaving had more of an effect than Sugar

Martin is done, Dr. Gross and The Lich are probably done, and future Ooo doesn't need to be addressed at all, though they will probably allude to it.

All of the remaining plot threads kind of tie in together like GOLB/Normal Man/ IK and Jake, so it shouldn't be too hard to wrap up.

>on a brighter note, the girl who sings the ending theme lives close to me and I like her music a lot.
Ashley Ericson or something right? That's pretty neat if true. Since the last episode is named after part of the credits song I wonder if she's going to get some more work in or something.

Half that shit on that list is already resolved or doesn't need to be.

idk, the album the end song is on, she took recordings from various pianos in Tacoma. In people's houses, stores, etc. Very cool, surprised she hasn't got more work, she's still relatively small time

This
>>Stakes - Marceline and Simon's past
Simon had nothing to do with Stakes. And all the miniseries did was show she spent a few years hunting vampires, and how she became one. Which was never an important question in the first place.

Also it was shit
>>Islands - Finn's mother and father
We still have no idea why Finn's father ended up being the way he was even after finding his son again. Not to mention this doesn't explain why there are no humans outside of the islands (only the Minerva island was guarded)

Also it was shit.

>Elements - Jake's lineage, the history of Ooo
Does not explain Jake's lineage, it just started a new plot thread with the blue monster thing. Then after the miniseries, we haven't gotten an explanation for that yet, we just know he came from an alien head egg (which is just more questions).
Before this happened Jake's lineage was already known, he had a mom and a dad, they just soft retconned it (in a different episode a season later) for no real reason.

Also it was shit
>There's next to nothing left at this point.
We have no idea what started the mushroom war, why the bomb unleashed the lich, where the zombies came from, what GOLB is, how Marceline's mom ended up fucking a demon king, what Martin did to be imprisoned, croak dream

And this is ignoring how bad the explanations we've gotten are
>Finn's arm?
Just a thing that keeps happening to all his incarnations
>Finn being a comet reincarnated
Just a thing that happened with no reason or purpose
>Marceline's past
she just lived in the wreck after the war and her dad showed up occasionally.
>Marceline's relationship with her dad
They apparently went two canon years without even speaking between return to the nightosphere and marcy and hunson.
>Susan
Something that was satisfactorily left to interpretation? Nah, she's a completely different person from a secret long dead military op thing.
>Bubblegum
A princess who cares about her people? Nope, she evil

cont

>Fionna and Cake thing
Red herring
>Lemonhope
Who the fuck knows (and admittedly I don't care because that story was kind of stupid from the start, and seemed to function as some kind of pointless redemption arc of lemongrab even though Lemongrab was fine as he was before they decided to make an evil twin plot that was fucking ridiculous)
>LSP killing a guy
She's gets to star in the miniseries and pretend like everything is okay

>hence why most of the complaints I've seen don't even apply to the show anymore
"You just didn't watch it" or everyone watched it because you fags won't stop talking about how it gets better even though it continuously gets worse every season since the end of 5.

Even the best episodes of 7-9 are okay at best.

>You're a fucking idiot for even believing him and not catching up.
When did he even say he isn't caught up you fucking retard?

She left after season 5, as in, the last good season. The two things are mostly unrelated, but the show didn't get better after she left.

>if something she made is bad everything she made is bad
Wew lad
Let's just ignore "it came from the nightosphere", "mortal folly", "power animal", "moriture te salutamus(however it was spelled)", and "the real you", just because she made a bad show.

>GOLB
>Fern/The Green Knight
>Ice Thing, Magic Betty and Ice King (their fates are probably mutual)
>Gumbald's plan
>Jake the Shapeshifter
>Sweet P
These will definitely be resolved over the next eight episodes.

>Dr. Gross and Tiffany's fate
>Jake's upcoming death
>The Rising
>The nightmare juice
>Finn's love life
These are inconsequential and can be afford to be sidelined.

>The Mushroom War
>Prismo's boss
>Martin's cosmic crime
Up in the air in terms of their resolution, and perhaps they will be addressed. I wouldn't count on it.

>Prismo's boss
when was this mentioned?

Not them btw.
>We still have no idea why Finn's father ended up being the way he was even after finding his son again
The promo art for Min and Marty shows Martin with a head injury, so that explains why he had such poor recollection of his son. Other than that, Martin has always been a scumbag. His time with Minerva and Finn helped ground him for a time, but when that all blew up in his face, he went back to the sleazy conman he knew how to be. He's used to burning bridges and moving forward, it's pretty tragic really.

>We have no idea what started the mushroom war, why the bomb unleashed the lich
These things never needed to be answered, and I'm glad they weren't. It would ruin the mystery of it all.

>where the zombies came from
Toxic radiation from the mushroom bomb.

>how Marceline's mom ended up fucking a demon king
I'm fine with them leaving that one up to the imagination. Might've made a cool story, but it's not a story that needed to be told.
>what Martin did to be imprisoned
ditto.

>croak dream
Was that an actual croak dream? I thought that got resolved in the s6 finale when bananaman saved Jake in space. Maybe it'll come into play again idk.

>>Finn being a comet reincarnated
>Just a thing that happened with no reason or purpose
The point is everyone is a reincarnation, there's nothing special about Finn in particular. We're all made from the same source material.

>They apparently went two canon years without even speaking between return to the nightosphere and marcy and hunson.
I don't know if they never spoke, but they weren't exactly on great terms after return to the nightosphere. Also, what's two years to a couple of immortals?

cont.

>Something that was satisfactorily left to interpretation?
It's interesting that you want this left up to interpretation, but other things like the mushroom war and Martin's story to be fully explained. I'm the opposite, this was something I'm glad they finally got around to resolving given how they teased it early on.

>A princess who cares about her people? Nope, she evil
She cares a lot about her people, and she's not evil. This meme should've died a long time ago. PB has made some very morally questionable decisions, but that doesn't automatically make her evil.

These will not
>GOLB
>Sweet P
>The Mushroom War
>Prismo's boss
>Martin's cosmic crime

Look at the direction the show is going, there is no time to turn face to any of these. The GOLB Margles thing was stupid ine first place. Literally just grasping at straws for background shit they could turn into "muih epic lore" instead of just writing fun episodes.

>It's interesting that you want this left up to interpretation, but other things like the mushroom war and Martin's story to be fully explained
The backstory of finn's parents or the mushroom war should have never been brought up in the first place, but once you put these things at the front of the series, and base entire stories around them then you have to explain.
>they weren't exactly on great terms after return to the nightosphere
Depends on your definition of great but they were already spending time together again after into the nightosphere, at the end of return to the nightosphere they'd had a moment about Hunson being proud of her.

>PB has made some very morally questionable decisions, but that doesn't automatically make her evil.
Genociding a bunch of the gumball knights, creating a bunch of candy people who are intentionally retarded, stealing the power things from a sacred weapon in the fire kingdom. Lettings LSP go after she killed a guy and bombed the candy castle.

That's evil user. Those things kill people.

You only need to explain what is relevant to tell the story. In the case of the mushroom war, the stories relevant to that have all been about the aftermath. The cause of the mushroom war doesn't matter.
As for Martin, you can infer what happened with him after Min and Marty already. Went back to being a criminal, and eventually did something bad enough to get put into the citadel, An episode directly about that could be cool, but it's not necessary at all.

Chances are Marceline did see Hunson in between those two episodes at some point, but their relationship has always been strained. It's easy to see how they could go months without seeing each other, even more so given they're immortal.

>Genociding a bunch of the gumball knights
They're violent, killer robots.
>creating a bunch of candy people who are intentionally retarded
Not retarded, just docile. There are a bunch of smart candy people like Pep butt and Dirt Beer Guy. The candy people are healthy and happy, so I wouldn't call that evil.
>stealing the power things from a sacred weapon in the fire kingdom
They posed a legitimate to her kingdom, it's understandable. That doesn't make it right, but she's doing her best to protect her people, so her heart's in the right place.
>Lettings LSP go after she killed a guy and bombed the candy castle.
Negligent at best, not evil. LSP didn't even mean to kill the guy, and technically he's not dead, just in another dimension or whatever.

She's a autocrat. You know what should always happen to autocrats?

>mfw writers will expect me to believe Finn can fend for his own against GOLB after geting his ass handed to him and bailed out multiple times since season 5.2

And another thing. Although I'm somewhat "contempt" at where Finn is today, I can't help but think they should have done more in terms of gaining intelligence as well as butting heads with various princesses across Ooo and PB specifically. PB and Finn highly operate on the scale of Law and Order, but have VASTLY different ways of solving problems and how they react to different situations. It should have been Finn who called Bubblegum out on her shady shit in The Cooler. Some random princess like Flame Princess doesn't have enough weight in her words to strike a chord in PB like Finn would. I do think their dynamic should have been put on a rockier road unrelated to romance, but that time is way past I suppose.

Not that user but I do think it would be kind of out of character for fin to actually call her out on it, especially to the degree FP did.

I'm not saying Finn giving her an earful should have matched FP's word for word. However, Finn does know how devious and shady PB can get and would call her out for violating another kingdom's prosperity as I said with the whole law and order shtick. A good amount of growth for him too since he was previously crushing on her and would be able to put aside personal feelings for the sanctity of Ooo law.

There should've been more of a clash between Finn and PB in the show. Marcy and Jake can call out PB, but the only time I remember Finn making his voice heard and barking back when push came to shove was during the whole FP fiasco.

Am I the only one who thought that they were going somewhere with Maja the sky witch? When I saw the first episode with her I thought she might become like a new magic man, coming around every once in a while screwing things up and then finishing her arc by somehow furthering one of the main plots, and after the elegant took her it seemed obvious that she'd at least have one more episode tying everything up, but it turned up to be nothing? Did they just forget about it or did they leave the story hanging on purpose for when they run out of ideas?

Finn ain't gonna fight GOLB. He's a fucking god, they'll have to defeat him another way.

Maja might be my least favorite character in the entire show so I'm pretty happy she was put into a coma forever ago and it looks like she'll never come back.
Bitch was really boring and obnoxious, not in the fun way. Good riddance, I hope elephant man rapes her to death or something.

The show got real weird as it's gone along. Lots of shit to do with Finn's "virginity" and him starting to lust after girls and stuff. Also a lot more horror-based stuff.

>the show turned out to be shit once sugar and ward left
Ward maybe, but Sugar HELL NO.
She started all the bad things and after she left AT she proceed to fuck SU and look what happened to SU now.
Thanks God she left AT

The absolute state of sugarfags (aka SUfags)

Stakes, Islands and Elements are thousand times better than anything with Sugar involved

True it was just weird that they were prepping her to be the new villain or something and that just kinda fizzled out. They had better never introduced her in the first place

From what I remember the episodes she was in were originally going to be part of an hour movie or something but that never ended up happening. It's possible they had more planned for her but once the movie fell apart they had to scrap it.

I kind of feel she still served her purpose though. She was a villain whose plan was to attack the candy kingdom, she tried that and failed, now she's defeated in a state where she can't come back.

How the fuck is anyone going to defeat a god who can erase anything?

>Jake's upcoming death
>inconsequential

His death has been foreshadowed countless times, how's the death of a main character inconsequential?

Crossover.

You know what? I'm okay if Finn never ends up with Princess Bubblegum. At least they have Stormo.

He got something better

eternally butthurt that he and Goliad had no resolution. being stuck in a duel for eternity seems like something that wouldn't be able to last.
and Finn should have visited Stormo once in a blue moon, it's his son dammit. and he actually seemed to give a crap about Stormo unlike with Neptr.

At least she's not Flame Princess.

Second best girl

It's obvious the whole cast is going to take him on. However if you expect me to believe Finn won't be a liability you're sorely mistaken

I dunno, the night sword seems like it could be pretty fucking op.

The same was said about the Blood Demon Sword
And the Grass Sword
And the Finn Sword

The grass sword was op though

>Jake has kids
>Jake moves in with Lady
>Jake takes it real seriously
>Rainicorns mature fast so his kids leave the house within 3 days
>Jake proceeds to take fatherhood less serious via Lady's advice but take it too far

>Of his sons becomes a landlord and kicks Jake and Finn out of the Tree Fort to mature Jake
>fails miserably
>Jake stops being a deadbeat dad and start hanging with his kids more

>Jake's landlord son already has daughter who is failing school because she's focused on skateboarding
>learn at the last 5 seconds of the episode Jake and Lady banged in the Tunnel of Love
>"Not the swan, that's where the pups came from."

Which is why I'm mildly excited for the next episode despite it probably focusing more on Gumbald

that's adorable, source?

It's something I commissioned from Alvh-Omega just got finished today.
Just wanted something wholesome, also these characters have never interacted onscreen so I wanted t do something about it.

These threads would be so much better without the people who shill for nuAT

nice, I like it.

Obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

I just rewatched this episode, I totally forgot how good it was. This would have made an amazing finale.

I still think it's really weird they decided the "real mom and dad" thing was the way to go when we already had Joshua and Margaret

CN just remembered that it's CN and removed the AT reruns at the last minute.

And we still don't have an airdate for the finale

>ever forgetting how based Dad's Dungeon is
c'mon son, its one of the quintessential early AT eps. not sure how it woulda been as a finale, but it's a wonderful capstone to end early Adventure Time since Flame Princess shows up right after. GOAT sword too.
I love Joshua as a character so much.

>still think it's really weird they decided the "real mom and dad" thing was the way to go when we already had Joshua and Margaret
I get what you mean, but to the show's credit Finn never considered them "real mom and dad" since to him Josh and Marge is that. he wanted to meet Martin and Minerva to get answers and to come to terms with where he came from, and he got that.

I never got around to watching Islands and everything after that.
Last I remember was Susan going crazy and some kind of grass Finn.
Quick rundown?

Just rewatch "Preboot"/"Reboot" (the episodes you just mentioned) to refresh yourself and start binging Seasons 8 and 9. That's 38 episodes and CN's gonna keep holding back these final 8 episodes forever. I think you've got time to catch up and give the show your own judgment.

Just like said. Giving a quick rundown is impossible at this point

They would be better if the retards that shit on AT would at least fucking watch it, but because it had a couple of bad episodes fags like you will just forever call it shit.

Is there any ETA for the last episodes? How much time do I have?

If you care about getting spoiled don't read this shit nigger
Grass Finn turned out to be Fern, he's essentially a Finn but possessed by a curse and made of grass. He's sad about it.

Finn went to Islands, found his mom and humans, was cool.
Came back and everything in Ooo went crazy cause of Element shit, ended up getting fixed. Betty (Ice King's fiance) tried to fix him but fucked up, she's on Mars now. And Jake got turned into an alien thing because everyone got reverted back to their original form thanks to LSP (man this show sounds fucking weird when summarizing it).

After that Jake went on a vision quest thing and returned to his original shape, but more might still be done with that.
Lich baby defeated another Lich thing who was doing shit.
Fern tried to trap/kill Finn to take his place, ended up getting killed by Finn's robot arm (oh Finn has a robot arm now) but then he got scooped up by a dude who ended up being Bubblegum's uncle Gumbald.

Now Gumbald's fucking things up and is apparently the final bad guy for the series.
While that was happening Jake just got taken away by his alien thing dad and is presently unaccounted for.
And Marceline and Flame Princess made up with their dads.

Still another month or two, I think it's doable.

No one knows. Probably March. Best bet being April since the final issue of the AT comic book will be released on April along with the final AT game.

Eh, ok. I'll just put it on a second monitor when I'm playing something on PC or whatever and if anything seems really good or interesting I'll just rewatch it.
Thanks you guys.
But where can I actually watch it,
though. There are so many kisscartoon sites and they all scare me.

Finn's grass arm and finn sword do the fusion dance, susan tries to kill finn, susan is not susan, susan takes the on a journey, There is an island of humans that died or something, then there is an island of humans in a video game, then there is an island of humans and finn's robot mom protected by a robot guardian, Finn's dad tried to save flashback Finn, Finn tricks the robot guardian to leave and hugs his robot mom. I was bored out of my mind the whole time so this is the most I remember. It's all really forgettable.

>couple of bad episodes
There's been 5-10 good episodes in the past 4 seasons.

I always use
madridista-again.tumblr.com/tagged/adventure-time
if there's a new episode I missed, but I don't know how reliable it'll be for the older eps since he does just put them up on Dailymotion.

>Not enjoying Finn's suffering

Cmon

What are those 5-10 episodes in your opinion?
I'm interested in hearing what episodes you think go against the grain of the whole show being bad.

>Angel Face
>President Porpoise
>Hall of Egress (This one is actually a great ep)
>Beyond the Grotto
>Five Short Tables
>Daddy Daughter Card-Wars

>the whole show being bad
No, just the seasons after 6 (6 wasn't great but it had quite a few good episodes)

Hm, what an interesting list. Also interesting that you think current seasons are worse than 6 since I feel 6 is widely considered the worst.
Hall of Egress is a pretty cool one.

I was going off of your other post when you said "past 4 seasons" since at this point that's a majority of the show, but then again I haven't been keeping up with how many seasons CN added with their weird orderings.

There are nine seasons. 3-4 would not be a majority. 5 > 4, 6 > 3 Also yeah, the 4 was a typo, my bad.

You know this is a joke, right? Sam doesn't even shit on Finn, unlike Xayaphone.

>doesn't care about Neptr at all
>is never there for Stormo
Is Finn fated to be a negligent father? He seemed good to his pillow kids at least.

Does anyone have the version of this with text? Working on something

The biggest problem is they still never said who the original magicians were and where they came from that started the magical war

I have the text but no colors, that help?

Stormo is locked in a eternal duel with his sister and NEPTR... well, no likes NEPTR.

Except Fern. He's a NEPTR guy