The first Spongebob movie is 14 years old

>The first Spongebob movie is 14 years old
>There are now adults who are younger than the Spongebob show itself

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/news/paramount-delays-spongebob-movie-release-until-2020-1202645765/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Season 7 was 9 years ago
4th graders who grew up on Stuck in the Wringer and A Pal for Gary are in college now

I remember fucking loving spongebob seasons 1-3 and the movie, but then season 4 I just didn't like it as much as previous seasons. In fact, I stopped liking spongebob entirely after season 5

>tfw literally this

I was 11 when Stuck In The Wringer aired back in summer '09. I'm getting nostalgia flashbacks.

Literally everyone else too, user.

>Was in 1st grade when season 4 started airing
>Obviously didn't noticed a didn't notice a dip in quality because I was so young
>Still keeps up with the new episodes up until around season 6 or 7
>Is in 5th-6th grade at the time of those seasons
>Starts hating episodes like Boating Buddies, Stuck in the Wringer, and A Pal for Gary
>Cold turkeys the show around that time
>Several years later goes online to see that I wasn't the only one annoyed by those episodes
>Feels good

>Spongebob turns 20 next year
>the third film comes out next year

FU-TUREEE
FU-TUREEE
FU-TUREEE
FU-TUREEE

>I was 11 when Stuck In The Wringer aired back in summer '09
>I'm getting nostalgia flashbacks.
People younger than me don't get to have nostalgia.

Got delayed to 2020

It did? Can I get a source?

variety.com/2017/film/news/paramount-delays-spongebob-movie-release-until-2020-1202645765/

I used to have this issue;.

>The first Spongebob movie is older than some of the people who post here

Weirdly enough Sponebob never fell out of the youth cultural zeitergist. Reruns have kept classic Sponebob relevant for almost two decades now.

We all did, man. We all did.

>some of

>there are now gen-z kids who get nostalgia for the garbage they grew up on

I'll share my opinion on how the show should end
>Whatever actually happens in the episode, the final few moments are at the Krusty Krab
>Everyone in Bikini Bottom is there for a party honoring SpongeBob
>Like, everyone who's ever appeared in SpongeBob. Old-man Jenkins, The Strangler, David Hasselhoff, Hillenburg himself gives SpongeBob a wink and a thumbs up, Mr. Krabs even lets Plankton and Karen inside for the party
>End of the party comes, everyone else has gone home except for SpongeBob, Gary and Mr. Krabs
>Mr. Krabs walks up to SpongeBob
>"Well ya better be gettin home, me boy. Tomorrow's a big day and I need ya at yer best!"
>"What's tomorrow, Mr. K?"
>"Boy, have you lost yer marbles, boyo? It's the opening of the Krusty Krab 2 tomorrow!"
>Camera pans next door to the replica restaraunt
>"Oh barnacles! I'll see ya later Mr. Krabs!"
>SpongeBob runs home as Living in the Sunlight from the first episode or the SpongeBob theme song plays
>He's saying goodnight to all of his friends as they pass their houses
>Finally, the last shot is of him throwing open the door and shouting about how excited he is about the grand opening in the morning and he can't wait to be announced as manager
>Ends right where the first movie picked up

>Spongebob came out 19 years ago
Beat me too it

Jokes on you, I stopped watching spongebob after 2007