What's their best run?

What's their best run?

Cuck's run is my favorite.

I forgot the run but I liked when they were travelling in space and most of their stories were tragic like accidentally destroying an godlike IA and helping aliens to find a planet like their old home used to be centuries ago.

I think it was written 30 years ago or more

Millar sans the Doom story

The stuff with Weringo as artist was pretty awesome.

DeFalco's run.

Claremont's run.

Conway's run.

Walt Simonson

Morrison's is pretty good too.

Sacasa's run is my favorite, but it's probably not the best.

Namorfag pls

Some powerful "What if?'s by a variety of writers.

iirc Reed was never in the picture in that specific universe... either that or he died.

I've started late, so Hickman is my top one, so far.
But I've only read Hickman and then after him to the end,this one, a few side stories and I'm now going through

This is the manifestation of the biggest desire of 616-Sue Storm.

Can't do nothing if her biggest desire is to leave her family to dedicate herself to Namor's cock.

This is canonically what 616-Sue Storm wishes the most.

Whatever helps you fap at night.

So im guessing Sue and Namor has always been a thing. Is this kind of like Cyclops, Wolverine and JEAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!?

Lobdell's 3 issues

More or less. Wolverine doesn't try to kill Jean's family, after all.

All FF runs are basically Talmudic commentaries on the Lee/Kirby run.

It's like every X-Men run since 1991 has been about how the writer feels about Chris Claremont's run.

Not every comic is like that (Simonson's Thor isn't all that much like Kirby's and it's probably become the definitive run), but FF is the comic whose original run casts the longest shadow.

Where are the FFFags?

John Byrne.

Why would you want to cheat on a man with a prehensile penis
There is literally no one on earth that can outperform him in bed

Sue is the biggest thot in the Marvel U

But Reed doesn't try to kidnap Sue, doesn't kill civilians whenever he is angry and doesn't try to kill her relatives. How is Sue supposed to get turned on?

For me it’s
Lee/kirby
Hickman
Bryne
Waid

Lee/Kirby. There's a reason it was the basis for the Marvel Universe. It was both Kirby and Lee at their respective bests.

I generally find Waid's run overrated. I'd pick Simonson's run for my 4th favorite instead, but otherwise agree. Lee/Kirby is the best of silver age, Byrne is the best of bronze age, and Hickman is the best of modern age.

Lee/Kirby sucks, by the way.

Dialogues are super wonky, the exposition is out of the world, the """science""" is a joke, the female characters are as trash as it goes, etc.

Yeah I need to check out Simonsons run. Those are just the ones I read chunks of. Hickmans run got me into the FF

>Lee/Kirby sucks, by the way.

Waid had Wieringo on art tho

Wieringo makes that run desu. The whole Ben in heaven arc is pretty great

It sucks, indeed.

Or are you going to say that this is a good example of well-written dialogue, "show don't tell", "science fiction" and female characters have their own agency?

The dialogue is great, just done in an out-dated style (it is 50+ years old afterall) and it's both showing and telling. Your only valid complaint about the run is the lack of female agency which you can likewise attribute to being a product of the time more often than not.

Because Imperius Sex

>The dialogue is great
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one.

It's people like you that ruined Teen Titans.

It's a tossup between Lee/Kirby and John Byrne.

>Namor fans are gay
Always. I have yet to find a straight Edgefish fan.

FFFag reporting in sir!

Lee/Kirby and then Morrison's Doom Patrol.

aren't there female namorfans?

lee/kirby by far.

Imperius Sex is canon though.

Ok. Which run is closest to having its own identity then?

>Ok. Which run is closest to having its own identity then?
Ultimate Fantastic Four

Hilarious.

Marvel writers really know how to make you laugh.

Lee/Kirby. It started off a bit jagged, but after a few issues it becomes nothing but god tier.

The first issue is pretty solid, but the next couple are a little shaky, but from #4 on I love it.

Kirby/Lee

Johns ruined the Teen Titans
Lobdell's done nothing wrong

Let me guess, you’re going to start defending Hitch’s Justice League run next WallyGropius.

>no one has said Ellis
12 issues of Ultimate perfection.

FF has one good run a decade.

60s Lee/Kirby
70s Lee/Kirby
80s Byrne
90s Simonson
00s Waid
10s Hickman

Peeks, for me, are Simonson and Waid. One is pure wild entertainment while the other is sweet family time.

kek. That user truly does have shit taste

I don't like Waid's run, it's the reason Johnny's been a fucking manchild for almost 20 years.

Just a reminder that who posts this picture doesn't know shit.

I still remember his response to that Hollywood Reporter article that listed all of Marvel's fuck-ups during the year was,"it's still a lot better than DC".

I think once Lee and Kirby started pulling away from the idea of a superhero team, and focused more on a special family in crazy adventures was when it hit its stride. Everyone focuses on Coming of Galactus, but pretty much every arc was phenomenal. Hell, the Inhumans introduction was awesome.

Byrne

????

I went through thread and was disappointed to NOT see one image -- where they meet God.

Outside of that, I though Byrne brought a lot of much-needed sensibility. I remember the time machine disguised as a UPS truck because they look the same in any year.

bump