Why is atheism so depressing

HEIL HITLER

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTER.

HE HAS BEEN POSTING THE SAME COLLECTION OF THREADS FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS.

PIC RELATED.

Reality is.

It's a straight slope into total nihilism and relativism. Everything good and beautiful is deconstructed and destroy'd within the atheists mind, all that's true is muh bill nye the atheism guy and poz loads

I've heard Christians talk about what they envision the after life to be, it doesn't sound like a better alternative to nothingness. I heard one guy say that he thinks everyone spends all day singing hymns and eating fruits from trees that are always ripe. That sounds like torture.

It's unnatural. Man is naturally theistic.

Don't listen to anyone's specific idea of what Heaven is nobody completely knows, I'll just tell you this that Heaven is supposed to be what we're meant for, it's our celestial home and it will be better than this imperfect reality.

Because it is incorrect.

It gets better when you realize we at least have science and technology.

Because Atheism is the work on the devil

read some Joseph Campbell.
humans need a mythology which fits the culture/times
we currently don't have one=depression/hedonism

It isn't.

Considering you can't quit heaven (not able to sin anymore = no free will) you'll be brainwashed to enjoy it. Imagine it, watching your family burn in hell and laughing for eternity with Jesus.

it actually hasnt got fuck to do with the whole "spiritual meaning of life" and morale ideals etc. Its about the fact that religions create extremely powerful community bonds. People benefit enormously from group alignment, feeling safe secure and accounted for within the group. People who parttake in many social groups and communities have longer life expectancy and lower rates of depression, suicide and even general illness due to their iimmune system being bolstered. This is why religions have been so prominent and effective in societies all over the world. Atheism will cut the connection to that group, however theyll naturally try and forge its own "gang", which is evident in all the recent channels such as "athiesm is unstoppable, lets all band together against religion" etc. Its all just gang behaviour at the end of the day.

This is a perfect example of a valid but unsound argument. I get what you're saying but it's bullshit, the only reason atheism is depressing is because it invalidates hope, which is the primary emotion in times of emotional grief.

And it invalidates hope because you know sky-daddy isn't going to save you.

WHY
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS POST THE DEER

EXPLAIN YOURSELF REEEEEEEEEE

Well that's fine and all, but you pretty much just posted "I understand you but youre wrong." What you wrote about hope could also be true IF you consider hope in an afterlife to be the sole reason humans dont get depressed. And even if you are correct in that, that doesnt make what I say incorrect. The two points dont contradict one another in anyway.

Im an atheist and you do have a higher chance of being depressed especially if you are a lonley person
Religious people have someone who loves them no matter what, that is always gonna be there and you can tell everything that is rotting inside of you or at least they think they do and maybe thats enough
Im sure i would have been happier if i have chosed to follow a religion when i was younger but is just too unrealistic for me
I would never take away that comfort for someone tho unless they try to fuck with freedom of speach or something
In fact if i ever get married i would prefer a religious woman

Search for "Pastor Anderson" or "sanderson1611" on youtube. It'll make you envious of their happy tribe, the pastor is pol-tier too. You're welcome.

He's based, even though I'm a Catholic and he btfo us

I'm a dark flame master.

The Almighty Creator God, Jesus Christ, is by very defintion the sole source of every good thing that fulfills the soul of His creation; Man

and since God is infinite in all His attributes, Heaven is to be eternally in unhindered communion with that same God, experiencing infinite discovery and unending joy as man knows more and more of his Maker

... of course there's gonna be singing

He btfo's everyone lol. If I lived in Arizona I'd convert to the "Baptist" Christianity which he preaches.

Because truth is depressing

I'm no bible thumper, more of a spiritualist. The thing about atheism is it is an existence based solely in empiricism. Empiricism is but one of the ways posited for us to receiving knowledge and discerning truth, the other being revelation (intuition) and reason (philosophy). Without acknowledging the other two you are bringing yourself into a half built worldview where everything can be explained but nothing truly is.

A good study of metaphysics will make anyone a theist, if only agnostic. I recommend it to anyone who is an atheist to try. You will find a tremendous beauty in the logic and reason of a higher power.

We have to do everything by ourselves
We cant be happy knowing thatimaginary friends babysitting us

I always thought heaven is like your own reality, tailor made to whatever you want it to be.

Because reality is depressing.

1:40 ruined that webm for me. It's supposed to be "were" not "we're".