Reminder that there is an 89% chance for 4 given people to all be straight but in this comic only one of the 4 main...

Reminder that there is an 89% chance for 4 given people to all be straight but in this comic only one of the 4 main characters are straight, in spite of the fact that the plot does not have anything to do with the story and the characters sexuality has not contributed to their characterization or growth in any significant way

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If their sexuality has not contributed to the characterization or growth in any way why does it matter at all

At least Gil being a fucking fairy is going to fuck over Maggie.

The 11% gay statistic is wildly outdated and was aggregated through really dubious means decades ago. The more realistic figure is 3-6%, depending on who you ask.

this just in user discovers gay people can be gay without it effecting the plot at all

Three words.
Homosexual cultural Imperialism.

ava= bisexual
gil= homosexual
magnolia= heterosexual
odin= lolicon

Would you really want the plot the revolve round their sexuality?

I got 89% from 97^4 with 97 being the odds of a person being straight, ^4 for all 4 people being straight. So about ~11% chance for at least one gay

What would you change to make it like Ava's QuestionableContent?

If gay people being in something is cultural imperialism, what do you call straight people being in everything?

not really, like most of the stories of this generation there is more focus on the shipping than on the progression of the plot, seriously 20 chapters and not a jot of idea that these are fucking robots but we know who will end up in bed who likes

only if something happens

OR THIS

NOTHING OF THIS

BUT THE FOLLOWING UPDATES WILL BE A LOT OF THIS

JUST IMAGINE THE LOT OF ART FROM TUMBLR

Normalcy, since we make up 97% of the population. Since a minority of people are gay, o minority of fictional characters should be gay too.

Nah, it'll be like all those shitty romcom web comics where thousands of pages go by and the main cast has yet to figure out how anyone feels and their all just awkwardly not fucking around eachother.

Normal.

BUT SERIOUSLY I WANT ANSWERS

>FOLLOWING UPDATES
Heh, good one.

>since we
>we
>implying you're not a faggot
Gets them gears going it does.

you are right, but at least it seems that everything is stable for now so at least this year we can go from 3 chapters at least

Stories have always been like that user. The Trojan war was started as a waifu war

do....do you not know how math works?

EJEM

You know by 97 I mean .97, right? I didn't think that would be confusing in context

YOU LIKE THIS

OR THIS

I PREFER THIS

So, to be clear, you're upset that people in this story are hanging out with people like themselves?

Monster maggie WHEN????

>fiction isn't the exact same as reality
You've really pulled back the curtain here, looking forward to your future thinkpieces.

The plot progression of this webcomic always seems to be fluctuating between too fast and too slow.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

So like teenage development. Pretty accurate. Good job Mich.

Sorry dude, a lot of writers and artists (mostly artists) are gay. You’re bound to see more of that since that’s their personal experience. Plus writers like to write about outcasts/rejects/minorities. Normalcy is just boring to write about most of the time.

Holy fuck dude, it's almost like fiction isn't reality. You're a fucking genius OP.

How fucking likely is it that everybody is a Ph.D. martial artist super model expert marksman doctor detective vs. how often fucking private eyes and hot kung-fu doctors are represented in our tv shows? What's the probably that nearly everybody is a goddamn superhero or magical princess, for fuck's sake? It's a fucking comic about demon aliens with magic powers, why the fuck are you looking for a documentary? Go read one of those shitty "slice of life" webcomics about how shitty the artist's life is and how pathetic they are as they do their laundry and think "quirky relatable" thoughts.

Well OP I think we can tell that as the future continues people get gayer and gayer because you started this thread and you seem pretty fucking gay yourself. Maybe go choke on a bag of dicks.

There was a bit in some Authority story I read -- one where Midnighter's bullied into assassinating Hitler by the great grandson of some Nazi who wanted control of the party -- where this time cop lady from the future hits on the gay guy and thinks it's weird that he only sleeps with dudes.

>89% chance for any 4 random humans to all be straight
>let's pretend that same frequency applies to these aliens in this fantasy world someone made

how dare they make up a world where sexual preference has a different distribution than the real-world norm

I, too, am outraged

>Sorry dude, a lot of writers and artists (mostly artists) are gay.

What kind of circlejerk produces this statement. there's just circles on the internet that play up social identity for a variety of reasons, such as making money and establishing themselves within a community.

people write about those things because they're interesting. being gay or especially nonbinary and the like isn't interesting to anyone besides boring teenagers.

note how few of those characters have some special gender identity. it reflects both interest and reality.

man, i'm korean and even i forgot this existed. i just remember as a kid reading the book's ending where the chicken feeds itself to the fox mom with starving kids so she wouldn't have to eat the duckling and thinking "well shit now I'm fucking sad"

wanted to watch the movie until i remembered korean voice acting sucks ass

>crying because you're not getting muh representation

If you think you're better than the fags quit acting like them

I mean, from a sci-fi perspective I don’t think that’s very good writing. If they are truly gay how does the speceise reproduce? Maybe it’s a civilization of sperm donors, I guess? I guess it could be interesting if the author actually addressed it, but a lot of modern, mostly tumblr oriented authors sorta just pretend it makes sense on a surface level

>And heeere comes the tumblrinas

>capeshit
>interesting

A lot of people find superheroes dull as shit so they don't read the comics. /u/ and /y/ wouldn't exist if there wasn't an audience and because that's what readers want, content exists. Don't fucking cry about everything not catering to you like a faggot, just read something else. How are you any different than bitches who complain about how there should be no sexy chicks in comics because muh feels? Just don't read it.

Being gay isn't a negative, but please don't think that it is a positive either. Heterosexuality is the necessity for the continuation of human life and while I feel fir those who are born gay I still believe that we shouldn't encourage that behavior among those whom feel attracted to both sexes.

Real aliens might not have a gender at all. Who knows. There are other kinds of reproduction. Or they use tech or magic for everything so it doesn't matter.

Look, this is retarded. You can hate gays all you want but is zero threat to "the continuation of humanity." A turkey baster or surrogate means gay people can have kids and more people don't have kids because they're infertile or just don't want to than because they're gay. Also I'd love to hear how we're supposed to feed everybody if all 7.6 billion people on earth have fucktons of kids. Are you going to feed them?

>the characters sexuality has not contributed to their characterization or growth in any significant way
If it did, there would be complaints that they were all walking minorities as opposed to actual people with actual character traits because it's so overwhelming that they practically don't have any and it doesn't count as one.

Also pic related.

"Why don't they just make their own shit instead of infesting ours?"

"What the fuck why are they making their own gay comic?!"

You people are genuinely fucking retarded.

they say people are having less kids, sure yes gays are a factor, but more uncertainty of the future fear/paranoia, financial burden, infertility, not wanting one personally, etc.. As society evolves and industrializes, there's just less reason to logically have a baby outside of just wanting to by nature (which is a big commitment now that we have contraceptives). Typically it was just your duty as a woman conditioned into you, or an accident. It's only a growing ratio. Many asian countries are already at this stage. They say women's fertility around the planet will also reach a peak and drop as some kind of natural balance sort of thing. And that's just humanity.

>There shouldn't be gay people in comics because gay people aren't common in real life
Gay people are 3-6% of the population
If you're going by this logic, then we shouldn't have any super hero stories because Super Heroes are 0% of the population

>youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds

gays dont hang out with heteros
heteros have token gays in their friend groups, but the gay's main group is with the other gays
so if there's a hetero, there's a small chance of a gay being present, but if there's a gay, there's a greater chance of everyone else being gay too

Isn't that just false equivalence?

>Ava's Demon thread turns into a discussion about gays
This really is Sup Forumsmblr.

The real question isn't how common is it in stories, but how many people give a shit outside of the story.
Are you making a comic only trying to appeal to like 3% of the population? That just seems like a really dumb move on your part if you're trying to make sales or get recognition, why limit your potential audience that fucking much?

Classic tribe mentality, even sjw's end up hanging out mostly with their own race while claiming they "love" other races.

nigger the fucking OP post was whining about "the gays"
I know this is amazing but nearly everyone can enjoy stories about people not like them, I've never been a monarch but watch Disney movies and Game of Thrones and it's not like only astronauts watched Star Trek or Star Wars. people don't buy all of these stories but a lot of them obviously attract fans

Yes. In order for his analogy to work, homosexuality would have to be equally as fictional of an attribute to our reality as super powers, which it isn't.

i can't tell if this is official or not but if it is i called nevy being reminded of her love for wrathia through her envy of pedri when she saw odin.

Does anyone have a Skinner version of this?

If you want a real answer:

1) Most people don't actually get triggered by sexual orientations or lopsided representation like this. it's more that it strongly appeals to 3%, rather than alienating 97%. While I don't have anything to prove it, I suspect that the percentage of people that would buy this type of media, but get triggered by this and opt not to, is

The difference being monarchs and astronauts are actually cool people who go on adventures and shit while gays are just regular people who spend 90% of the time whining that people don't like them for being too whiny.

>Most people don't actually get triggered by sexual orientations or lopsided representation like this
You sure that's not just because they aren't aware of it, the whole "these characters are gay" shit is pretty much all word of god and if you just read the comic there's really nothing to imply any of the characters are gay.

so you're just gonna pull this logic out of your ass?

this is true to a certain degree, besides how diverse the area, many sjw groups have faults with one another

Nah there were definitely hints about Gil and Ava's fixation Maggie could've gone either way. Nevy of course didn't have her memories and Wrathia's not the type to give a shit about her exes and she had no reason to tell Ava.

>besides how diverse the area
Honestly doesn't matter much, my old high school was pretty diverse, I'd say half of it was minorities, majority of the minorities being Indians, it was basically guaranteed that any class you were in would be at least 1/3rd minority. Still, Indians hung out with the Indians, Asians with the Asians, Blacks with the Blacks, and of course Whites with the Whites; at most you'd see one, maybe two minorities in a white person group (but never a single white person in any of the minority groups funny enough). Tribe mentality muh man, we as a species are instinctually programmed to like being around people who are like us.

>Nah there were definitely hints about Gil
Where? I mean sure he was kind of a fag in the non-sexual sense but where was the implication that he enjoyed getting stretched?

>Where? I mean sure he was kind of a fag in the non-sexual sense but where was the implication that he enjoyed getting stretched?
The way he acts when he sees his old schoolmate crush.

Funny how on one hand you make these threads, and on the other hand you shitpost about "muh representation" as if you're not whining about the same thing.

I figured he was just being awkward because he's a socially inept faggot who was well known to have entire conversations with himself while all his roommate just had to lay there and listen, praying he wouldn't decide to go full Private Pyle one day.

Yes YES YESSSSSSS

Uh no he handled Ava literally falling out of the sky, nearly dying and making a miraculous recovery very well. And I don't remember how Maggie arrived but he's handled her fine too.

>Are you making a comic only trying to appeal to like 3% of the population?
Do you need to be a superhero for cape comics to appeal to you? Because by your logic, they should appeal to 0% of the population.

>their sexuality doesn't matter to the story in any significant way, but I'm still bothered that there isn't enough straight people
I must ask again, why does this comic draw in so many unhinged retards

Because it was made by one?

Fair enough, I just fucking hate Gil, every panel he's in is made objectively worse by his mere presence.

Superheroes are actually cool and interesting to people who aren't gay though

>Maggie is straight and is probably gonna stay that way
>Wrathia has Pedri
>Gil's crush got melted by Wrava
I mean besides Odin's sister and that maid it's not like this comic is screaming gay couples are inevitable and better. There are just gay/bi people who have feelings for other people.

why does this image exist?

Sveg meme

Is there Homosexual cultural Empire? Who is the emperor then?

Well clearly we feed them the most delicious food of all Soylentboy.

>Im-fucking-plying
Marvel and dozens of lesser companies have been making characters whose only defining characteristic be being black or gay or a woman and sjw's have praised it for being "so progressive"

user this comic is trash. Just don't read it.

this dayzoo
I was so hyped about that one post-apocalyptic Scandinavian troll comic and then suddenly it was 100% pretty boy fujoshit fantasies.
Tumblr girls are fucking incurable in their obsessions. And it's specifically a tumblr legbeard problem, because Ryoko Kui is proof enough that a woman can write character focus without shlicking herself to death shipping.

>because Ryoko Kui is proof enough that a woman can write character focus without shlicking herself to death shipping.
Hell, it seems a lot of Japanese female artists can, a woman was behind Full Metal Alchemist after all and that's one of the best known and well respected manga every written.

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

You seem to be projecting a bunch of highly emotional and personal baggage or political soapboxing shit or something onto this. For a lot of people, two hot girls or two hot guys together is just a damn fetish to fap to so they buy it. Meanwhile per your example, a lot of monarchs were fat and ugly and literally retarded, and did reprehensible shit or were dull as fuck while their countries were run by others and in the same vein a lot of real day to day astronaut work is tedious and boring as all Hell. These are idealized versions of individuals with little or nothing to do with thw boring or ugly reality of inbred king, fat desk job cop or whetever. You seem to be letting you emotions and basing yourself on identity politics trigger your delicate sensibilities or some shit. Some people just want shiney lesbo action, not everything has to be about your sexuality your political agenda and feelz.

If you're just going to be offended and triggered by everything just stick to your hugbox comics I guess.

89% today.
In our world.
Maybe.

None of which have any bearing on the setting of this comic.

FULLY

Ryoko Kui is a lesbian though

>No bearing on the plot
>Meanwhile Ava is clearly still trying to scissor Maggie
>Meanwhile a bisexual girl is trying to fuck a straight girl
I see.

It's the same old story. They try to beat diversity at its own game, but only end up losing at theirs.

See, I have no idea if you're shitposting or not because there's no lesbianism or any other kind of sexuality/shipping blatantly and repeatedly shoved in your face in Dungeon Meshi. And that's the way it should be, whether Ryoko Kui is a lesbian or not.

Yeah, that's the kind of comment that would get hurled at the comic if their sexuality had any significance.