>art style is simple cheap looking cnacer
>alien designs are shit for the same reasons
>main female character is ugly
I cant wait for this shit to fail

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4EHbt_kSkG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol calm down

Fuck you, this shit becoming the standard for animation is proof that we are entering another dark age of cartoon

>circle eyes
>the cat isn't the main character
Dropped

Tell me about the cat on the right

You sir, are a faggot.
This looks fine.
Not great, but nothing to justify your autism. I'm just happy we are getting less "Calarts" trash in the future.

This show will be fine. Nothing great, but nothing horrible. It'll be like Rick and Morty 2.0, where some interest will buzz from the raunchy scifi humor but it won't be shoved down your throat by the network and there'll be some furry movement buzzing around one character that the rest of the fandom will shruggingly accept.

there is also the alternative of no attention towards the cat character and only 3 lewds will be done of him and the only lewd with quality has a spiky cat penis of below average length.

“We want the Rick and Morty audience”

Fuck you, bandwagoning fuck. This art is terrible, at least so called “calarts” shows you autistically bitch about have a good artstyle compared to this

>everything with aliens is going to be a r&m knock-off for the next 5 years

Are you sure you didn't post the wrong picture OP?

>the love child of C-3PO and Wheatley
>some mulatto chef/general
>Television's "Corky"
>a Khajit
>the Reddit logo

>attractiveness of female characters is used as a metric if we're entering a dark age or not
How so?

I swear to the look I thought some Rick and Morty shit for a split second.

What’s this called exactly?

>implying "even-keeled mocha colored tight collared bitch" isn't going to become a hard FoTW

I was gonna say the exact same thing.

Final Space

>shows stop caring about sci fi, interesting plots, or good creature designs
>everything is just a pecker contest to see who can be more nihilistic, and all the sci fi stuff and everything else interesting is just a plot device that gets mostly ignored? while the other half the show is false advertising and about two characters bickering about their boring marriage to be more “relatable” and a channel mostly watched by stoners and edgy kids where no one cares about marriage or settling down
God damn the animation industry needs to drain its swamp

She looks ugly in the actual show, not the preproduction material
Because their should always be at least one attractive character to entice people to watch the show

Same artstyle

Is that green thing Kuchi Kopi from Bob's Burgers?

No, at least he was designed to be cute

>Because their should always be at least one attractive character to entice people to watch the show

What do you think the cat is?

>What do you think the cat is?
A poorly designed excuse for an “alien”

>cnacer

Kek, user, spellcheck is built into Sup Forums and you sill got it wrong.

>ITT: Newfags who don't know about Balloon Shop

For shame, nu-Chan.

>sill
You are no one to talk, buddy

What does an old youtube channel that hasnt really been active in 8 years have to do with this?

It is so fucking lazy, they slapped a cat face into a human and called it a day.

You're right op, looking at that pic is really giving me "dark ages" vibes. Scary.

Look at the trailer and honestly tell me this show wont end up like stinking shit
youtu.be/4EHbt_kSkG8

Yeah watching this makes me feel what a Roman probably felt when the Goths sacked his city for the 3rd time. It's brutal

Have fun watching animation all become SCI and rick and morty levels of cancer, while you were just a sarcastic cunt about it faggot

It’s entirely the art style. Add asterisk pupils and it’s literally the same shit.

Jesus Christ, you guys could at least fucki pretend to care about animation more than waifus.

Their is much more wrong with the series then the ugly main female, please sit down

>MALE INCOMPETENT BLONDE COMEDIC PROTAGONIST
>STRONG FEMALE BROWN WOMAN

Stop it. I said Stop it!

You honestly think this awful art style and equally bad humor will be anything BUT horrible?

>Sup Forums caring about anything other than waifus
>Sup Forums caring about animation
never gonna happen

Of course. It'll be an inoffensive wacky comedy animation, in a wave of inoffensive wacky comedy animation. The average viewer will flip by it on TBS, shrug their shoulders, laugh at some pseudo-rape alien parodying Aliens for a second, and push it out of their minds.

>It'll be an inoffensive wacky comedy animation, in a wave of inoffensive wacky comedy animation.
How is that not an afront to the current state of animation?

Because not everyone's brain is wired like yours, and some people like watching it, creating a feedback loop of animation catering to average taste? What is good animation for a TV show?

Hard mode: an answer other than "not this fucking garbage".

I am not being sarcastic, that's just how I talk. Don't be rude.

Oh, hey, cool, some scifi action cartoon.

>Because not everyone's brain is wired like yours, and some people like watching it, creating a feedback loop of animation catering to average taste? What is good animation for a TV show?
The fact that adult animation now has to cater to normie big bang theory level of retardation is enough to show that this and everything like it is horrible. Fuck you for defending this crap

>adult animation
lol, you realize the people watching Rick and memey are 13 right?

>everything sucks because companies want to appeal to healthy, functional humans instead of Internet hatemongers who would never appreciate it even if they tried

go figure

I guess the people in this thread know that this isn't calarts because they're the artists working on this cartoon themselves, right?

Or you could just look up the artists involved and see if they graduated from CalArts or not.

>everything sucks because companies want to appeal to stupid trend obsessed normals with shit sense of humor instead of people with actual taste
FTFY

I don't actually care about this calarts thing. It's just that some people complain about it all the time. At first, it seemed like it was about the general drawing style, since Gumball was also put into that category.
But now it seems like it's just about a specific group of people who went there and got jobs as cartoon producers.
So in short, some kind of jealous rivalry between cliques.

She isn't ugly just bland and soulless

February is looking to be a nice month.

In the show shes actually ugly

the sad part is that Conan is working on it with his studio, so they probably aren't going to drop the show even if it goes bad. When's Close Enough?

It somehow looks like Rick and Morty but worse.

This showo looks good :3

Oh god, then pan will love it. Remember when conan funded stuff that was actually funny like eagleheart?

It looks like someone tries to mix R&M with Bravest Warriors and failed horribly.

The design of this shit turns me the hell off.
>"We're going to make a serious cartoon, just like those TV dramas!"
>Ends up using the same shitty cal arts style everything uses, can never take it seriously because of it
>Limited shading
>"We want Rick and Morty audience, and maybe make an attempt at the /m/ audience"
>Rick and Morty backgrounds
I really wish Peter Chung would came back to TV animation and make something as weird and neat looking as Aeon Flux, just to save us from this tripe. I'm tired of all shows looking the same regardless of genre now, this style was good for comedy cartoons, but for cartoons that are pretty much meant to sorta be taken seriously, it doesn't work.

>Ends up using the same shitty cal arts style everything uses
Only Rick and Morty uses that style

All animation above TV-PG is adult.

>main VA's shitty accent is so forced it always sounds like he's being sarcastic
Why make such a bad choice?

The cat looks like it’s straight out of a R&M episode. They’re shamelessly ripping off the designs

>A poorly designed excuse for an “alien”
Hey, they might not be hacks because they made a cat-alien, they could also be hacks ripping off Red Dwarf.

That actually looks like a Yogscast animation.

The actual animation is very good. Very weighty and fluid.

The concept though; is rather derivative and very "me too". References should be subtle icing on top, not the whole damn cake.

The female lead is fine, Boring in the trailer, but fine. Should just stop bullshitting and admit he just isn't into fapping to bland imaginary black chicks.

Maybe that's the joke.

Great this would be another Rick and morty isnt it.

didnt realize rick and morty had a monopoly on sci fi cartoons

>The actual animation is very good.
The artstyle is horrible. Also, the female lead is both ugly AND bland

Funny, Rick and Morty looks almost no different from any other modern cartoon and cereal commercial now