This fucker

Look, he quits and suddenly he's using angles and shit.

I dunno, I'm kinda optimistic?

His style is still garbage, his figures are ugly baloon heads and he's still creatively bankrupt.

But now he has the option to fix that. Before, he would just keep churning out whatever buzzfeed asked of him.

>i don't even really know what I'm gonna do next
jump

shit yall are pessimistic

Please tell me he jumps in front of the train

He could always use angles and shit. He just didn't because he was making quick and simple facebook comics for buzzfeed, until the internet suddenly decided to focus on his existence.

i hope everyone quits their job at buzzfeed, so that awful website can stop existing.

>yall

Can someone tell me if this is a girl thing or a black thing?

Its neither.

It's usually a southern thing.

a ghetto and southern thing

>ghetto

Did you seriously not know that y'all is a southern thing.

Good. Now let's hope he stops making comics too.

yes. what of it?

I always thought it was a Southern thing, but I live in a north western state now and I still hear it everywhere.

Its a black girl thing.

Black people using it is because it's traditionally a southern thing.

Yeah user, I'm sure his quality is going to skyrocket now that he's unemployed from motherfucking BUZZFEED, of all places.

He worked for, literally BUZZFEED.

Nobody who even has the potential to one day be capable of producing something of quality would FUCKING EVER degrade themselves by working for fucking BUZZFEED.

I respect prostitutes more than anyone who has ever been employed by Buzzfeed.

I'd work for buzzfeed over McDonalds or Walmart, easy.

reminds me of when B^U dropped his characters and ongoing plot and the art got better for a couple months before going back to shit

>apple earbuds
>working at buzzfeed
gross

Are you fucking kidding, I'd love to get paid to write nonsensical shit for dumb roasties. Easy money.

Then you're a complete piece of shit.

Nobody has hated a McDonald's or Walmart employee just for being an employee. Ellis has a mass following of people who just like to shit on him and his shitty work. I wouldn't want to live that way, well-paid or not.

So?

Tell me why buzzfeed is worse than Walmart? Why is worse than McDonald’s? Why is worse than Comcast? Why is it worse than amazon?

Only one of those, now.

Maybe people who are making a living doing literally anything at all are doing exactly that and we shouldn't judge people based solely off of their occupations. Unless they kill puppies for a living or something.

Because Buzzfeed actively and intentionally makes the world a worse place to live.

Wagie, wagie, quite the ragie, how does your garden grow?

Like most companies?

...Unlike Walmart, McDonald's, Comcast and Amazon?

>not using a pen name and leading the antis on the hate rampage

>he doesn't use puppies as drug mules and slice them open upon delivery

Yes, unlike Walmart, Mcdonalds, Comcast, and Amazon.

Killing puppies is far less evil than working for Buzzfeed.

What a fucking sperg

can you imagine priorities so screwed up

I'm curious exactly what series of horrible things went wrong in your life to make you unironically defend Buzzfeed, and Adam Ellis.

>killing puppies is far less evil than working for Buzzfeed

Son Buzzfeed may be evil, but writing dumb shit about things like what wizarding house your boyfriend's penis should be in is not as evil as it is retarded.

Buzzfeed is basically desperate retardtation in its lower ranks. I might agree with you for the people high up, but the general writer is just writing dumbass shit.

you post this thread every day but never answer one simple question:

did the ghost baby stop fucking with him now that it's tumblarity went away with buzzfeed?

buzzfeed's news can do good work

dude's not a great artist though, not defending him

Im actually not the same person who posts this every day. Had I known it gets posted like that, I wouldnt have posted it today.

Also, what ghost baby?

It's a tumblr and twitter thing that used to be done by black people and southern I guess but now everyone is doing it.

it's a southern thing but English doesn't have a second person plural so it's moved about

Damn this is powerful autism.

Still better than Dear david

>buzzfeed's news can do good work
>can

I disagree, on two points.
First off, "can" is completely different from "does".
Secondly, given how they don't do good work, I don't think they even "could" do good work, or they'd be doing it already.

He's never made a single decent comic in his life, what are you optimistic about? That's like expecting the next issue of "America" to be passable, by even Marvel's nonexistent standards.

The possibility of improvement now that he's not being forced to make boring #relatable content.

Same thing happened to Buckley.

I hope he finds another job and betters himself. I really don't say I dislike any real media organisations, but buzzfeed isn't close the greatest place on the internet.
He at least have a clean, non-offensive style that could be used everywhere,but I would love to see him somewhere a lot better and more enjoyable.

Shen is self-employed, and look at him.
The difference being, I secretly suspect that Shen is self-aware of how much of a pathetic hack he is. Adam Ellis seems to lack that level of introspection.

Maybe they can team up lmao

You "secretly suspect" that even though Shen's basically confirmed it multiple times by now?

>You "secretly suspect"
I'm pretty sure the comic that earned him the immortal title of "bikecuck" was done unironically.

It's not a fucking thing, people just say yall. Jesus.

says a southern black girl?

Actually, who cares about style? His flow/visual storytelling is pretty good, actually.

Pic related, he actually guides your eyes to read caption and correct focal poins in order using shapes in the environment pretty well.

The only choice I would really disagree with is the fact that Adam is facing LEFT in the second panel, instead of using his eyeline to guide the viewer to the second caption, but this isn't bad, considering what he used to do before.

He has made other comics. His current comic is basically some weird commentary/deconstruction/something on his 'life sucks' comics, and this one (pic related) is pretty much him just outright saying he hates doing these pointlessly negative comics, but he "has" to do them because they're popular.

It's an American thing

>including the cell phone, union square or anything else as if it's at all relevant
Hi Adam!

>anglophonic retards get upset when people use "you all"
Mongrel language indeed.

I'm not him, and I don't want you to be mistaken, this is far from perfect, I just thought it was pretty good by Adam Ellis standards (which are pretty low).

It's not about what's relevant, it's about what draws readers eyes.
Union Square is writing, and writing naturally draws your eyes (plus it's white on black, so high contrast).
And in third panel his entire body gesture is V-shaped - earphone cables, his armor, backpack, beard... I'm not saying it's amazing or anything, obviously this stuff can be done better, I'm just surprised Adam Ellis of all people is capable of doing that.

Plus I still think that breaking eyeline in second panel is kinda bad, too.
Not only that, first panel is what Scott McCloud calls "double specific" - writing in first panel "I quit my job at BuzzFeed last week" says us EXACTLY THE SAME thing as the visuals do (uncertain Adam leaving Buzzfeed offices with a backpack on). They both say the exact same thing, does he think we're children?
That's a mistake that comic industry used to do in the 1940s, but in 2010s we really know better, and that's really bad writing.

He could've EASILY started the comic with the silent visual of him leaving the office, and at the bottom of first panel put caption "It felt so strange to be walking home for the last time". Show, don't tell!

Second panel also violates "show don't tell" by first TELLING us about him walking home, and only *later* SHOWING us him walking home (because caption comes *before* visual of Adam walking home). That's flubbing the basics of lettering, lettering controls flow of information in your comic.

Again - it's good by standard of Adam "copypaste" Ellis. By industry standard, it's sorta okay at best. He'd make a decent artist wth some training, but as an independent cartoonist (writer+artist+letterer) he's still bad.

southern. you retarded?

Okay, now I KNOW you're Adam Ellis.

>quitting your job without already having another prospect lined up or at least SOME idea of what you're going to do next

Dumbass.

>this, and all these people itt thinking he'll be the next owlturd

So he's a dumbass if he quits and a hack if he stays?

You're supposed to have another job lined up when you quit, especially in a place as expensive as New York.

8/10 analysis

This.

English is also missing a singular nongendered pronoun. Spanish has 'usted,' and I'm jealous of it. 'They' is just not a great substitute

He's a complete hack, so he never should have quit his hack job being a goddamn Buzzfeed artist. He's clearly incapable of doing anything better.

Buzzfeed is just low effort pop media. Thinking it's satan is retarded

I wonder if he's making any money on the whole Dear David thing.

Gotta give it to him, he's a shit artist but a great con man.

Satan is in the details user. What, you expect a guy in a red costume and a pitchfork?

>I quit my job at Buzzfeed last week.
>Oh and there's a deformed baby that attacks me every night but I got used to it.

>I quit my job at Buzzfeed last week
This gave me the same feeling as that bike cuck comic for some reason