Well Sup Forums how are your thoughts on Damage #1?

Well Sup Forums how are your thoughts on Damage #1?
I think it wasn't bad, but not good either, just plain mediocre.

Wait, is this a tie-in to that Dwayne Johnson movie?

Loved the widescreen format action and hoping he gets to DAMAGE more stuff in the future. Also, I hope Daniels comes back for Issue 5 and so on.

Absolutely weak

There's wasn't a whole lot to digest. I'd probably have more to say about the character after 2 or 3 more issues

The good thing in the Tenth was the T&A, not the monster.

This, there isn't much to go on yet.

I don’t like his skull nose and bald head. He looks too “dead” that way.

I'm surprised they humanized his captors so quickly. Like Damage, I didn't even really wonder about where the plane would wind up once it crashed or how many people would have died on it during the escape. I assumed they were over a desert or something and they all managed to bail in time

So what about the one hour time limit? I don't see it lasting

He spent about five minutes rampaging in issue 1 and got a lot done.

And besides, how long do superhero fights last outside of Events anyway? 30 minutes? 20?

Is there a plant that keeps starting threads about this guy? Every time I come here I see a thread about this character

I just bump the threads featuring him. If DC won't promote him, I might as well help out those who are willing to try

I thought it was pretty bad in that there wasn't anything to it. It felt more like a teaser than an actual issue and didn't hook me in any way. I didn't feel any urge to find out what happens in the next issue, which is kind of a big deal with these kind of things.

At least it has some potential, but I don't see this catching on in a hurry.

I think what we should be asking is what should they do with this new character, and if She-Damage can be a thing

Nothing wrong with checking out new characters

Bigger question is whether or not they'll bone. And if Damaging out will restore her missing eye.

Yeah did Sup Forums successfully storytime it? It seemed really short. Like a preview rather than a book.

Yeah seriously, that's what I just said. It seemed short. They really, really needed to flesh out how Damage got that way and who his secret identity was and make us know and care for that guy.

Me neither. It's too restrictive unless they've already got some compelling and intense moments planned out because of it. If they don't work around it, they'll get rid of it. They can say it's a fail-safe in his powers he found a work around for.

wasted get

>Damage is a Big Guy
>crashed a plane with no survivors

dropped it when I saw the "totally strong wyman just look how badass she is"
got enough of this sjw shit

Apparently KEK agrees with my critique of this comic.

>I think it wasn't bad, but not good either, just plain mediocre.
They took 'decompressed' to nearly it's logical extreme with like 2/3 of the comic being double page spreads. So you feel like you only read a teaser rather than a full issue.

Which would be fine if it were the first 22 pages of a graphic novel; but as a first issue I expect it's going to hurt them quite a bit with the next issue ( and if things don't kick into high gear NEXT issue it'll be dire. )

Also: everything about this feels like something I've already seen done before: Flash Thompson as Agent Venom had the cripple/amputee soldier who had to wrestle with the brutal urges of the Symbiote and Red Hulk or Hourman both had the 'Hour of Power' limitation.

It's just a bog standard modern Jekyll And Hyde story ( which, post Incredible Hulk, always has Hyde turning into a roid-rager even though the actual story had him as *smaller* than his mild mannered alter ego, but whatever ).

You have issues. She's supposed to be a parody of Maria Hill and Nick Fury, you autist

>a parody of Maria Hill and Nick Fury
Didn't they already have one of those?

I want a spin-off to explore more subjects beyond the main storyline there was some nice subplots going on

parodies are supposed to make fun of something

It's pretty to look at and a hulk/capAmerica cross is kinda cool. Story was meh so far but I will give it a chance

>widescreen format
heh

we've had this exact thread multiple times. Why do we accept shills this blatantly around here?

It felt too short. This kind of comic needs more pages to be fun, like mangas.

i got this comic as a gift. What even is this I stopped reading like 4 pages in because it just seems kind of stupid

>character who's existed since the 80s is a parody of a character created in the 00s
What a brainlet.

we have amanda waller
every time DC tries to copy marvel it just showcases how much people don't think

>calls it mediocre
>shill

Better?

I wasn’t really that interested in the premise and the first issue didn’t really convince me otherwise. I’ll keep reading on Sup Forums but I feel no urge to buy it.

Interestingly enough I found out all of these New Hero ongoings are only scheduled for 12 issues but they’ll get more if they sell well. I think that’s a good idea. I hope Sideways, Brimstone, and Terrifics do well since they’re the ones I’m most interested in.

That’s cool. Guaranteed 12 is best these days.