Question to youngfags, aka people 25 and younger. How do you view characters like Spawn,Venom, Gambit, and etc...

Question to youngfags, aka people 25 and younger. How do you view characters like Spawn,Venom, Gambit, and etc? Is it weird to know that previously these characters were some of the most popular period in a world where the MCU was probably your first exposure to capeshit or does it make perfect sense?

venom is cool spawn is eh and i don't care that much about gambit

Are you so old that dementia is wrecking your memory?
Or do you seriously think people born in 1992 experienced no superhero fiction for the first sixteen years of their life?

1997 here and it's prorably cheating to count me but here is my secondary take on those characters
>I remember thinking Spawn was cool in SC2
>Venom was lame in Spider-Man 3 but then i watched Spectacular and he was amazing
>I never cared for gambit

19 here,

I get why Spawn was popular but it hasn't aged that well. (Read mostly the guest issues though). I like some of the toys more so.

Venom was cool I guess in Spider Man 3.

Don't give a crap about X-Men.

>spawn was sick
>venom was on and off for me sometimes cool sometimes dumb
>gambit made me wanna throw cards at people

I kinda think this would be the most common for younger people. Gambit, for example, had pretty much all of his character development prior to 2000. In the past 18 years, he's been wallpaper. Venom's most iconic status would be a mix of Michilenie/McFarlane/Larsen/Bagley era comics and his interpretation on the 1994 cartoon, and his lowest point being Spider-Man 3. Spider-Man 3 is easily more recognized by someone who was preteen or so at the time.
TL; DR - this is about what I expected to hear, and what I figure most kids or adults younger than me would know unless they're far down the pre-2000s comics rabbit hole.

25 here, Venom used to be one of my all time favorites before going back and reading his conception and post 90s character assassination. I grew up with the Fox Spiderman and Xmen cartoons and Venom in the Dream cast / Ps1 spiderman game, the SNES games, and MVC. He was pretty much my favorite character.

Lethal Protector, Funeral Pyre, and The Madness were my first exposure to his own comics and they're fucking awesome. But then he took a nosedive after 2000 and wasn't used properly ever again. And reading back on his history in the 80s is quite sad.

>And reading back on his history in the 80s is quite sad.
Why?

Venom is cool and my fetish
I've bearly ever heard of spawn
And gambit is just alright

>Spawn
I great fail.

>Venom
I'll never see him as something serious.

>Gambit
Good.

21, my dad loved Spawn and I liked Venom because I loved Spider-Man comics and cartoons before the Rami movies, so Spider-Man on the PS1-2, and all the cartoons are more representative of Venom than Eric Foreman. Gambit was in the X-Men cartoon and I had a toy I think but I never really cared about him, especially after the movies.

>I loved Spider-Man comics and cartoons before the Rami movies, so Spider-Man on the PS1-2
How is that possible when you were like 2 years old when those movies came out?

I watched them as I grew up and saw the new ones in theaters as they came out. The same way I played the games too. How do you watch movies and play games?

Also I was 5-6 when Spider-Man (2002) came out

>Spawn
Outdated product of his time
>Venom
Can work in certain stories, dont overuse or else he just becomes shitty evil spiderman
>Gambit
Stupid

Movies and games don't stop existing the year they come out, dude. Specifically when your parents are into it, it is way easier to be exposed to older things at a younger age.

He is a mosh pit of failed potential. Neat ideas with failed execution. Venom was only really ever good in his first appearance and then when he completely separated from Spidey. The history of how the character was conceived and then published just makes me wonder what could have been, and how he was handled and presented afterwards really kinda sucks

I read spawn untill they killed off Al I’m sure he is back now but honestly I don’t care. Venom is cool but they went overboard with the symbiots, I like Gambit but I don’t exactly no why I like gambit. I read comics before the MCU ironicly Ben’s Daredevil is what got me into them.

The most I've been interested in with Spawn is the cartoon with Keith David.
Venom is a cool but mishandled character.
I don't know much about Gambit, but my sister who is a much bigger X-Men fan likes him.

I used to think Venom was the shit. He was my favorite Spidey villain and legit the scariest.

Spawn was another cool thing to me because of the video game. It was so stupidly gory and as a kid, you get that fascination of seeing something you know you're not supposed to see.

Gambit, I didn't care about. I was never much of an X-fan. I just thought his sprite was cool in MvC2.

Venom is cool and always will be
Spawn doesn’t matter to me
Gambit is like a cooler Chat Noir but at the cost of the leather catsuit for fanservice