Is there a single good cartoon that's airing right now? It seems like all of them either ended or went to shit

Is there a single good cartoon that's airing right now? It seems like all of them either ended or went to shit.

All of the truly good cartoons have yet to be released.

yeah mate theres some good shit on boomerang right now

Like?

nothing is even airing
everything is on hiatus

Clarence is still technically airing, even tho it only airs once every 4 months

Can't tell you now. A new age of animation will probably usher in by 2020.

Not everything...

Clarence and Harvey Beaks

Harvey Beaks ended, and Clarence almost never airs.

TTG is decent

Nope. The last good cartoon ended about two years ago.

Goodbye, Western animation.

Unikitty is pretty good

Sad but true. Between CN going through this phase of cheap shitty reboots, and networks purposely decentralizing in favor of thier "premium" streaming services, western animation is not in a good place right now. it also doesn't help that the recent Fox buyout is probably shaking up a lot of shit behind the scenes.

good joke

Add to this picture, zooming in on Fred's face as a reaction to the "edgy design" part

Family Guy

Hanazuki is surprisingly good if you like cute stuff with good art design.

Nothing good is airing. Animation is utter, complete garbage right now. It's time for the entire fucking industry to end and die.

/thread

all things rise and all things fall

>t. cyclicaltheoryfag
Not really.

Those are admittedly good expressions.

Not on Robin

Let's see

>Teen Titans Go
Shit

>Steven Universe
Shit

>OK K.O.
Shit

>Unikitty
Good

>Gumball
Went to shit

>Ben 10
Shit

>Clarence
Lol

>We Bare Bears
Decent

>Star Vs
Shit

>Milo Murphy's Law
Decent

>Tangled
Decent

>Spongebob
Decent again

>Loud House
Shit

>Bob's Burgers
Shit

>Family Guy

>American Dad
Good

>Simpsons
Lol

>Rick and Morty
Shit

So out of all the cartoons I can think of I counted: 2 good ones, 4 decent, and the rest shit...so pretty much no

Why not?

>Bob's burgers shit
Fuck you you're just old and cranky now so you don't enjoy anything pretty much right about everything else. Ok ko is great imo

I feel like such a crank old-timer saying it, but TV animation really just doesn't look as good as it used to. A lot of the most popular cartoons of this decade have animation that just feels cheap even when it's hand drawn. Did animation budgets just plummet or something?

>American Dad
>Good
It's been Family Guy-tier for quite a while.

Justice League Action & Gumball.

Ladybug too.

>gumball
>good

>SVtFoE
>WBB
>Gumball
>Unikitty
>OK KO
>The Loud House
>Spongebob
>Milo Murphy's Law
There's lots of good cartoon's user. You're just not watching them.

They really aren't though, Robin face just has his eyes and mouth expanded, it's the same for cyborg but it doesn't look awkward because it doesn't go off his head as much, Beast boy's is the only one where it kind of looks like the bottom part of it's head is stretching with it's features, but it doesn't do that with his eyes and it looks awkward there too.

And they're really changing size in this scene which looks really bad, instead of stretching they're expanding, they're giant compared to Raven. When doing something like this character's should maintain their normal volume even if their form shifts. Bugs is a good example of this

>Did animation budgets just plummet or something?
Probably, because TV as a whole is in a bad way right now because of competition of the internet. But TV animation was never very good to begin with

>You implying this award winning and high rated show isnt good?

Kek.

Regular Show won a Emmy but still went to shit after S2. Same with Gumball. The show is shit now

JLA is dead user, it's over, and it's never coming back. We all have to live with that.

>SVtFoE
>WBB
>Gumball
>Unikitty
>OK KO
>The Loud House
Holy shit what an awful taste

You're damn right. And I will be part of it! Man Americans should be so pissed off that they can't even do a fraction of Japan does

No-one's mentioned DuckTales yet. It's really good and seems to be building towards some lore-heavy shit. There's like one bad episode out of the 9 we've had so far, the rest have been comfy kino.

L-Lies all lies.

Propably, new stylistic periods often happen because someone is really pissed at the performance of the current style and a shit ton of people currently are really pissed at current cartoons which means a new age of animation is bound to happen

Also, I can see Germany doing some shit beyond toddler shows and preordering some french cartoons. Currently, Miraculous Ladybug single-handily turned the Disney Channel from a bumbling we-wuz-kangs retard into a legitimate competitior, at least for a short period. Shit propably causes quite some drama at the Super RTL offices and they will have to do something if they want to secure thier pole position.

There is also Netflix which likes to throw money at things, Australian animation seems to get more and more relevant, there is also Mexico launching and having some interesting projects and China is also always a thing to bear in mind only due to it's sheer size.

ML is utter garbage, still worse than the average American cartoon even now. Stop lying to yourself
>Netflix
Streaming content will never be financially viable.

Not too sure the cyclical theory is really going to work out given the disruptive nature of the internet this time around.

what are you even doing on this board?

Most Americans don't even recognize Japan exists half of the time.

>Gumball went to shit
>Bob's burgers shit
>Clarence
>OK K.O. shit

Also isn't trying to imitate what Japan does precisely the problem with a lot of these cartoons?

Congratulations
You are old and out of touch. Death will be your reward but it’s going to take awhile.

>>Clarence
>Lol
Clarence deserves more than just a lol, fuck you.

Not him, but he's right though he should've copied the whole list.

I watch older shows only.

>hurr you grew up
No, cartoons are just shit at the moment.

Good luck, man.

They're mimicking only the shit parts of it, I suppose.

That sounds like a shitty excuse to me, since I would rather see people do their own thing rather than look enviously towards other unrelated shit.

Can you actually articulate why they are worse now?

>shitting on be cool
art is guilty on that, but user, it's one of the most decent shows with this kind of art style

Tell me. Why is dexter lab accpeted? It was subpar animation and didn’t keep scale well, it had about the same level of humor as most cartoons today.

>it had about the same level of humor as most cartoons today
This is a really good point.

It might have been a good point if it were true. But it's not.

A similar shift in quality happened in 2004/2005. It's so weird to me that people born in 2000 can post here, which means they have no memories of how cartoon channels were pre-2004. Maybe i'm a biased Facebook nostalgiafag but I feel like before 2004, Nickelodeon and CN had more creativity and charm to them.

Around 2004/2005 things began heading south when they ended several of the 90s/early 2000s shows like Hey Arnold, Johnny Bravo, pre-movie SpongeBob, and Samurai Jack, and the newer shows that replaced them like post-movie SpongeBob, Camp Lazlo, Catscratch, Ben 10, My Gym partner's a monkey were boring af and couldn't make as much of an impact as their predecessors. At this time CN also got rid of their classic cartoon blocks like Toonheads and just focused exclusively on "new" stuff, Nick closed down SNICK, Nick Studios, and Friday Night Nicktoons and started focusing more on teenybopper shows like Zoey 101, Unfabulous, etc. with less emphasis on the Nicktoons like in the 90s/early 2000s.

Overall it felt like things headed south around 2004 for the kids channels, and it's weird to me that people too young to feel that shift can post here, but again i'm probably a nostalgiafag.

Again unless you can break that down, you are just full of shit

Clarence is ending this year.

>female character that ruins MC life and gets away with it
>anime references
>fart jokes
>wacky situations
>no plot/lore
Dexter is shit by Sup Forums current standards

Here's a hint: lolsorandomness. It's like a virus that has infected modern cartoon "humor".

Great Recession caused a lot of tv animation budgets to go down according to Craig McCracken. It's why Cartoonstitute got canceled.

Name ONE current "lolrandom" cartoon

You just made a fucking thread about this, with nice digits too: Why are you spamming?

Posting twice isn't spamming

What it is, is you blind fucking grandpas can’t into streaming services and the like. Tv is dead while Netflix, Hulu, Boomerang, are fucking stuff with cartoons of high quality. Also there were just as many hits and misses in the 90s and 00s it’s just you don’t remember the bad if it. Me and my old bros marathoned a lot of old CN, Disney and Nick and a lot of it has aged like spour milk

Everyone says the recession ended many years ago. How does that explain cartoons here and now, which are actually of worse quality than the early 2010s ones?

Right because that shit was never littered in Dexter’s lab...

Making basically the exact same post for no other reason than attention most certainly is.
You could have bumped your thread if you were that desperate.

1999fag here I actually remember some of that and my ps2. Loads more variety, I hated cow and chicken though

What’s even the bar on such a meme word? You could argue Johnny Bravo is that it’s such a throwaway insult

I've gotten so tired of post-modernism and irony being used as a substitute for humor from people who can't set up a joke. Put a little vaudeville back into comedy, for god's sake.

Netflix is balls deep in debt due to blowing way to much money onto things, other streaming seervices also aren't really that profitable. It will have a huge impact on a long term, I agree on this, but not after a huge crash and shift in streaming model.

Got any examples? I gave two recent S14 episodes a watch (the western episode and the puppet episode) and thought they were good.

>Tv is dead while Netflix, Hulu, Boomerang, are fucking stuff with cartoons of high quality.
There's isn't a single original cartoon on any streaming service worth watching even now.

And that's just "worth watching", as in once.

Irony and post-modernism are basically Sup Forums's and the entire internet's bread and butter, though. In some sense, the fact that it resulted in this current situation shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Clarence is so unknown on Sup Forums that people say it's shit by default.

>It will have a huge impact on a long term, I agree on this
Where will this magical money come from, user?

Bobs Burgers is good until Bob's family (besides Louise) appears on screen. I've never seen a more obnoxious combination of people in a cartoon.

"Adult" cartoons are pretty much universally shit.

>I have never used streaming devices
But please tell me what’s wrong with voltron, troll hunters and others

>But please tell me what’s wrong with voltron
You mean the regular threads on Sup Forums where everyone explains their reasons for hating it aren't enough for you?

You mean that shitposter that cries in the general?

Just the whole show in general feels really bland with its stories, jokes, and characters. Not to mention how lazy the animation's gotten compared to the earlier seasons. Simply put, it's barely above Family Guy.

>female character that ruins MC life and gets away with it
There's a hard reset after every episode and that dynamic works for two reasons
1. Dexter was often a smug shit who deserved it
2.Dee Dee wasn't made with a feminist agenda in mind and also got shat on in equal amounts (like can you ever imagine Dipper flat out calling Mabel a retard for a joke)

>anime references
A few of them spread out across several episodes vs. OK KO's "homages" in every scene of every episode

Like the two big ones for Dexter were Speed Racer and Voltron/Gatchaman in the finale. OK KO's main cast is literally Kid Goku, Piccolo and Ninja-Witch Chun-Li.

>fart jokes
Literally one episode and it was funny. Not "hurr hurr fart *green gas*" shit you see today.

>wacky situations
In a cartoon??? No way! Who the hell has complained about this?

>no plot/lore
Who cares?

Face it user, it's garbage. It's barely above LOK tier... mostly.
As for Trollhunters, it's CG *and* made by DreamWorks. As if they hadn't ruined animated movies enough...

From a different streaming model which manages to generate more money and from streaming sites which actually behave like reasonable buisness men and not like childrens in a candy store.

>In a cartoon??? No way! Who the hell has complained about this?
It's one of the reasons of why retarded people hate cartoons like TTG or Uncle Grandpa.

Seeing as Sonic Boom probably won't get a deserved third season, I'd say Teen Titans Go, American Dad and Justice League Action.

The only thing there that sounds questionable is bears. And I.havent watched bears at all, so.idk.

>From a different streaming model which manages to generate more money
How? All streaming services have a fundamental problem: production costs vastly exceed revenues

The new Mickey shorts. Those have been excellent from day 1.

Don't blow that much money on production, maybe focus on a certain niche instead of trying to be the everyman. Install a system wheere you can quicly hop on and off for the casual viewer, maybe a fully ad-financed base package with an ad-free premium package you can order additionally.

>Don't blow that much money on production
So... don't make anything? There are such things as fixed costs, user.