I know no one buys DVDs anymore, but whoever approved this design deserves to be shot

I know no one buys DVDs anymore, but whoever approved this design deserves to be shot

>I know no one buys DVDs anymore
Says who? Most cartoons don't have Blu-rays.

This is par for the course for any SU design, really.

because everyone watches cartoons on netflix now

or they just watch it off kisscartoon or whatever

Netflix's cartoon selection is extremely limited compared to DVD (and they're constantly losing titles), and sites like KC almost invariably have potato quality that even normies notice.

I downloaded the episodes for free, but when I get financially stabilized, I plan on buying the Episodes on DVDs, or I think google/youtube might have them for sale as well? depending on how long it takes me to get out of this hole I'm in.

Netflix' cartoons pool is extremely limited

It makes for a good reaction image

This user has that Sup Forums spirit: when life gives you lemons, make memes out of them.

Christ, it's like staring at a Funko Pop.

>Netflix's cartoon selection
if nextflix never made another
original animated series
i could die a happy man.
i dont watch that horseshit
but seeing those thumbnails
and knowing those abominations
keep getting churned out every couple months
makes me wanna fucking puke
thx user

I really hate Steven's front shot. It looks like someone cut his nose in half or something.

he looks like a weird muppet in front view

>someone else realizes how shit Netflix's originals are
Feels good, man.

Unironically fan artists could design a better cover.

I think they tried to make it look like those AT dvds. and failed miserably

The only difference nowadays between a fan artist and a "professional" artist, is that the "professional" gets paid.

to be fair there's people who makes a fair amount of money making art by themselves

If it's enough to live off of comfortably, then they're professionals already.

it reminds me a lot of the tails picture you know the one

Oh my god, it does look like that. Maybe that’s why it’s so uncomfortable looking. It’s uncanny.

Id pay a fan artist to design a cover or at the very least suggest ideas, this simply feels bland and uninspired.

Are you kidding that looks great. It also contains the only good season.

sure, sure. but that's not always possible. however you can do fine with a part time job and commissions here and there

Is there an episode where Steven grows a big-ass afro?

I would post the cover you refer to but every time I do that I get banned like 5 hours latter.

oh my gawd

But then you seem to be able to post just the face like Best rendition of the image is the /mlp/ one though.

Are you insane. Neo yokio was fantastic and castlevanina was pretty good as well.

The Chad DVD

that's a nice dvd. the art looks good and all the characters are here

>the art looks good

so glad I imported superior Australian release like 2 years ago

perish

it does. the animation is meh and the show isn't good, but the artstyle itself is fine.

These are alot better, the bottom one is literally just using pics from the show.

But it looks good

The artstyle is horrid. It's literally retarded chibi.

The artstyle of TTG is good. Get better taste

>all those jpeg artifacts
This one should be better

>Get better taste
I did.

Stevavetz Uniwinu: Comamoc sounds awesome.

i get it, you hate the show. but there's nothing wrong with the artstyle.

>Blu-rays.

I'm talking about the artstyle only there. It's objectively bad.

What other ways of actually owning a show are there besides DVDs and Blu-rays?

it's not. the colors are fine, the characters are recognizable and when they try something different it usually works. the writing is bad, but that's a different thing

Again, how is retarded chibi a good artstyle? Think, user.

>PG

Oh shit son, this is PG up in the house! Don't let your granny see you watching this.

downloads I guess? at least with software you buy a key but with books, music, series or movies, I don't trust that

Will the look on Steven's face get progressively sadder the deeper into the case you go?

About as ugly as the show itself, so I'd say it fits.

The art is fine and it isn't "chibi"

>portions of seasons instead of a complete season

lol

You don't actually own downloads, you're given (generally DRM) access to them at the whim of the copyright holder - and it's basically always non-transferable. Sometimes they can even delete them later on.

This applies to all digital media, by the way, though not necessarily in all countries. Key or no key.

I just want to see what Pearl's face on the front of the box looks like.

That's creative.

not even shitposting that's cool as shit

Legitimately makes me nostalgic for 90s VHS cartoon covers

Show still sucks tho

so you're not gonna even try to be objective about the show. sure user, the cool kids hate it, I get it. I don't feel like wasting my time with this

Aw, are the wittle babbies upset the character design isn't up to their vague and impossibly high standards?

>companies have the right to break into your home and delete your cartoons off your hard drive

no

DVDs are the only good option.

>fireside chat with Matt and Trey
I loved those intros

Launny actually still puts out pretty good stuff these days.

They still make dvds? Its fucking 2018 that low res shit needs to be phased out.

Sure, but they can do it if it's on certain devices and such. And even if they don't delete it, with DRM they can easily make it entirely unusable without pirating it outright.

>Stevavetz Uniwinu: Comamoc sounds awesome.
NEN ESREERSE ripoff desu senpai.

What's wrong with Blu-rays?
To be fair, there are a lot of cartoons and TV shows in general that are basically trapped in 4:3 SD forever. Not much point in an upgrade.

>season DVD
>cover made of random shots of the show
Why is everything SU related so lazy

why couldn't they just use this cover, fuck.

define "pretty good stuff"

I know. it's just a personal opinion, with software you get the access but without having to pay for the package and that's fine. but with other media you don't get the artwork or any of the extra material that if you ask me is part of owning a copy, so I don't see any value in getting digital copies

Software also used to ship with plenty of extra material, though. It only changed when the digital ripoffs started. But also software generally comes with the worst restrictions in digital form anyways.

Im not talking about 4:3 cartoons. DVD is fine for those but the low res of widescreen DVD is disgusting.

I don't know of any widescreen DVDs still being released without a corresponding Blu-ray, though.

And I mean that in general, not just for cartoons.

Land of the Lustrous wins again

Butthole-oriented totcon, I've fapped a fair amount to Lily Loud spreading.

This thread is now about good blu ray/dvd cases

yeah, but by the mid 00s software came with what, a 12 page manual + one or two of legal stuff? I mean, with a movie or a music album is also different cause your tape/cd IS your copy, while software exists wherever you have it installed. but again, is just a personal thing

Reminds me of the "hurts just a little bit" image.

>first season had interior paintings by Bill Sienkiewickz
>third season was made out like an old Atari 2600 gamebox
>season five is highlights from the season made out like an old adventure book.

Just fantastic.

I remember when these edits were all the rage.

They know nobody will care about the show long term.

I actually like the character-themed shots framed in the cuts of their gem.

I bet Pearl's looks like shit, though.

and, y’know, released it in HD

I still got a couple

like what fucking devices
just download shit onto your hard drive, what is so difficult about that

He’s talking about how if you actually legally purchase a download it’s tied to a license/account that they could theoretically remove your access to at any moment. You can’t play it with whatever video player or computer you want, and if the service were to go bankrupt your files would be useless.
There are ways to crack and circumvent DRM, but they’re beyond the capability of the average person.
So yes piracy is the only way a lot of content will survive into following decades (I certainly have my own little archive), but having a hard copy on a disc is even better for archival. A properly manufactured disc will last longer than a person, not neary the same risk of failure as a hard drive.

I still love the AT DVD covers. They kind of blew their load with the first one though.

It's also a really lazy cover. I can understand wanting a character drawn in a cover to look on-model, but just drawing half a face and mirroring it is on another level. Not to mention the fact that it makes the cover look creepy.

>go to /d/
>someone posts shitty western crap on /d/
>new reaction image goldmine

O MY RUBBER NEN ESREERSE

I think the lower quality on the original makes it look better

Was there ever any doubt?

He did a good JOJ

HOWDY HO SOUTHPARKETEERS!

haircut meme shop when