Why don't we reform our school system to be more like Japan's?

Have children clean the classroom and such which will teach responsibility and humility.

School year round with breaks in the summer and winter.

Children enter select schools and begin the process of being groomed for their future professions; this starts as early as in junior high. Better than this "well rounded" bullshit America has. Based Japan is based.

Have the next administration ABOLISH the dept. of education, and break the teachers unions, and you might have a chance.

>entrance exams

Then we'd only have whites in schools

>One of the highest suicide rates in the world

Yeah, lets not.

Pick up a book nigger

well, that's the plan
niggers just need to know how labour works

Hahahahahahahaha. So true.

>Have children clean the classroom and such which will teach responsibility and humility.

uh what?
then who clean the classroom in US ?

Janitors

This fucking faggot OP wants to take more jobs out of the system

This

The US can't have an education system which is meritocratic by nature because of a little thing called affirmative action. Basically the whole system has to be bought down to a level where everyone can participate.

Here is the result: when I visited an elementary school for research during a short trip to the US for my thesis work, no-one in the class was able to answer who the first US President was when I asked. One brave kid hesitantly answered "Martin Luther King"?

It's a pitiful state of affairs.

By the way, the irony is that the Japanese adopted a distinctly Western style of education with standardized textbooks and the like. But they actually have managed to make it work, as they have no minorities and their populace values education.

Because educstion is a racketeering business.

Administrators make millions as "public workers," spend thousands on lunches, and then campaign for more funding for their shitty school.

There are tens of thousands of janitorial jobs. Having kids take turns sweeping the floors and dusting the desks of their own classrooms will not eliminate many jobs in the grand scheme of things and pay off in morals, respect and humility would be more than a fair trade off.

You've watched too much school anime if you think this is ideal

I just think it's fucked up that we don't start training for a profession until college.

It is though. The education and work load is a bit regimented and harsh, but they have one of the most well-educated populaces in the world.

Actually college is considered vacation time for the Japanese, because it's easier compared with the working world or grade school.

Explain why we can't have two-tier public education.

i honestly think Trump will try some of this. Not entrance exam hell which is just a scam anyway, but stuff like

> school uniforms
> ROTC programs
> kids taking responsibility for their school

it kind of goes against "education going local" but I think he can enact policies to encourage these things

>entrance exams
>students stay in one classroom instead of having to walk to different classrooms
>must clean own classroom
>uniforms
Make it happen Trump

Their system is product of culture. Conformism.
The closest you could possibly get is the bong system.

Better spend your effort on the commies there.

Because that's """racist""".
Americans have this screwed-up perception of equality where everyone has to be at the same level. I went there when No Child Left Behind was in full force, and you literally had the retards with the gifted kids in the same room and same teacher. Nobody was learning anything, and the teacher was overwhelmed (as well as being barely educated herself). It was ridiculous.

Administration is a problem in the US for sure, as mentioned. But Japanese have top-heavy administration too but the system still works.

The US needs something beyond common core. It needs to be broken up and started over from scratch.

Standardization doesn't help either. It's no good saying "We're only as strong as our weakest link" if our weakest links don't want to be stronger.

more doesn't necessarily mean better but education in america needs serious reform

everything up to postgrad is basically daycare

Wow, I often forget how different American schools are. The British model resembles what you say.

At the end of what I think you guys call elementary school we take a nationwide exam. Based on those results you apply to high schools. You enter high school at around 11.

For the first 3 years you take a wide variety of courses, do things like cleaning the classroom, assisting teacher etc on rotation.

Then you select 7-10 subjects you're going to focus on, normally heavily weighted towards the sciences and a few basics. English Lit, English Language, Math & IT, Spanish/French + 3-4 sciences or 3-4 humanities is a common combination.

You do that for 2 years, then you really focus and pick 3-5 subjects. Normally concentrated towards a specific discipline/hope of pursuing a future programme.

E.g. A future Engineer might do Communication Studies, Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, Applied Physics & Technical Drawing.

A future doctor may do Communication Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Theoretical Physics.

A future lawyer may do Communication Studies, Law, Business Administration, History, Psychology.

You do this for two years.

Then you apply to University in programmes related to what you studied.

Wow, this is almost exactly like Singapore.

Which makes perfect sense since we're both part of the old Commonwealth.

Yeah, America is the odd one out. I think the Commonwealth system is very good. The only thing it should take from America is a focus on extracurricular activities in order to enhance the student.

They aren't emphasized or rewarded as much under the British/Commonwealth system.

Well, gooks have proven to be shit at being humans, it's not just japs, but also chinks, and we all know how both koreas got cucked.
In russian schools we also get some cleaning duty, like taking out the trash and collecting dishes at the canteen. Nothing wrong with that, nobody died, and I guess it cuts school costs a bit.

Entrance exams are a fucking blessing though. Study hard - get a degree, be subhuman trash - work at McDonalds and sweep streets.

japans schools fucking break them dude.
they're all depressed and suicidal.

Because your population is fucking retarded.

Always funny when I read about educated american demographic when 70% of your college degrees are easier to get than highschool graduation in Germany.

Uniforms are cancer though, just have generic rules for outfits, like "have miniskirt long enough to cover your flapping pussy lips", or shit like that.