The Lego Movie

Thoughts on this movie, Sup Forums? Favourite joke/scene?

Personally I really liked the 'secret knock' into Cloud Cuckoo Land being just a single knock, which when you think about it is actually genius because when do you ever only knock ONCE on a door?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TYJyCCO8Dc
youtu.be/pqv_LUStxDw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a masterpiece.

Pretty great, but I wish they'd used some of their own worlds and sets over say Batman.

I agree, if not one of the best animated films ever produced in America. It's genius and uses all of its time start to finish wisely. I could watch it a billion times and experience something new as well with all the background detail. I wish there was more animated films like that one these days. Funny but still has a strong emotional core and narrative arc.

literally any scene with these 2 goofs

I liked that it was blatantly just a kiddy matrix parody.

Wyldstyle=Trinity
The special=the one
Vitruvius=Morpheus
Micromanagers=Sentinels
Super secret police=Agents
Masterbuilders=Redpillers

They even included agent smith in the lego batman movie, so the creators must be huge fans.

Overproduced, schizophrenic, with a rythm that only appeals to ADHD Americans. Ninjago was better.

>Ninjago was better

It is surely impossible to be this wrong.

>ADHD Americans
You mean children? The target audience of the movie?

Ninjago was at least better than Batman by miles.

>Jordan not being a moron on the poster

>Ninjago was better.
Ninjago was garbage.
>better than Batman by miles.
I really don't understand how people can have opinions like this.
There was no good humor in Ninjago, and the plot was terrible.
Visuals were mostly good, but the Lego/non-Lego contrast was oftentimes distracting.

it was ony from technical standpoint.

Batman was over-stuffed and strained at the seems. Lloyd's smaller, more focused, personal story was handled much more competently and \

>no good humor

Garmadon and Wu were fucking gold

>Garmadon and Wu were fucking gold
If' you're literally 5 maybe.

it's one of my all time favorites, funny, touching, and snubbed at the oscars.

sequels dont compare. and wont.

>Corrupt blend between corporations and government
>Ruled by a micromanaging busybody
>Invades and destroys a peaceful, anarchic system where individuals are free to create
>Day is saved by realizing the power of spontaneous order from individual action, rather than centralized experts

It's the most Libertarian kids movie I've ever seen.

>Phantom Zone filled with every villain ever.

So much stuff happening at that point it pretty much just devolved into a wall of noise.

Ninjago could've been much better if it would've cut out the pointless real live footage (both, the Jackie Chan segments and the nonsensical EXPLOSIONS!-montages) and tried to be completely its own thing instead of constantly tiptoeing between trying to be an original version and putting in references to the main series.
Stuff like Zane being a robot in it with no explanation and no one giving a shit is just odd to anyone not familiar with the characters.

Its fantastic and far better than it as any right to be.

Unfortunately Hollywood took all the wrong lessons about passion and creativity from its creation and instead came to the conclusion that anything with a brand could sell.

Y'ALL READY FOR THIS

are you thinking about anything specific?

OH NO, THEY WERE READY FOR THAT

Exactly. They even copy-pasted Wildstyle.

Jesus Christ...welcome to the future, where commercials for products last 2 hours, and the people watching don't even realize it. You've been soft-hacked. I wonder how many of you bought a Lego playset or videogame based on a Lego movie you saw.

holy shit those smears are great.

one or two

None, but considering how much money my parents spent on lego when I was a kid they didn't exactly need to sell the concept to me in the first place.

surely user can't be this dumb.

We all know it was a corporate movie; the difference being it was well made, funny and touching.

yeah! Where's good entertainment like Transformers and He-Man?

The way all the ships whip around to face Shaq like a pack of fucking hyenas when the ball hits is absolute gold.

All the Lego movies do this, really adds to the immersion IMO. Also if you look closely at the characters, they all have tiny photorealistic scratches and finger marks on them, just like actual minifigures would, and these marks even respond to light changes etc.

The detail is just astounding, particularly in Ninjago with its city. Freezeframe some of the shots of the city in Ninjago and marvel at it. Fucking incredible.

>Media exists to make money

Stop the motherfucking presses.

Its a minefield. If it makes it out of licensing hell, it gets snatched up by shitty directors (who never even glanced at the base material let along liked it as a younger person) with their "vision" of how it "ought to be", fans be damned.

>the spear briefly changes into a broom to simulate it motion blurring

Holy fuck that is actually genius.

I've noticed the scratches and fingerprints, but ive never noted the smear frames like this.

Just in general the way things moved was great and really contributed to the humour. Like all the horses plodding along the way you'd actually move a lego horse.

user... those franchises are entirely about selling toys...

>Thoughts on this movie, Sup Forums
not really Sup Forums per say but WOW, the amount of we wuz is unbelievable.And I know we can't have good
movies because of the current year sjw types but jeez putting in the wyminz r strong self insert feminist bullshit fanfic tier who beats everything destroyed the "movie" (just a commercial to give "them" more cash) and it's childish anti capitalism message makes for a cringey watch

Charlie Day is a fucking treasure

youtube.com/watch?v=7TYJyCCO8Dc

I knew I saved this image for a reason

>Masterbuilders=Redpillers
>>Sup Forums

>They even included [iconic movie villain] in the lego batman movie, so the creators must be huge fans.
Hmmm, sure.

The Lego Movie > The Lego Ninjago Movie > The Lego Batman Movie

This is the only correct order. Massive powergap between TLM and the 2 spinoffs though. Smaller powergap between Ninjago and Batman.

He's referring to what Sup Forums took the terminology from.

Back to r/The_Donald, Sup Forumsfag.

It surprising just how many appearances and references Professor Pyg gets even in PG stuff.

Why? His appearance is largely unthreatening, it's just when you delve into the lore and shit that you realise how messed up he is.

you guys didnt like batman ?

Tried way too hard and devolved into mindless noise by the end of the second act. Hamfisted morals (that the first movie went out of its way to avoid), unintentionally excruciating dialogue, utter lack of good jokes after the first 20 minutes, poor pacing and plot.

It was alright. Best DC movie of last year.

at least fans ob obscure dc characters got somethhing out of it.

>surfer Batgirl

But the tie in sets for TLM were actually really well designed and had fun and unique designs you don't see in other Lego sets. They would be worth buying even without seeing the movie. Some of them were basically fanservice for older Lego fans like Benny's Spaceship which is basically a modern version of the old space sets from the 70s and 80s.

>obscure dc characters
>Black Canary
>Zod
>Killing joke Joker

Can confirm, I own Metalbeard's ship and it's a fucking gorgeous build with some really nice detailing. I have it on display and people often comment on it.

I didn't expect much from The Lego Movie, but it was very good and I think it was good enough for the oscar.

The Lego Batman movie was more milking out egocentrial asshole Batman, but it was nice enough.

Ninjago movie I still must see.

I agree, but at the same time Will Arnett is now the definitive Batman actor.
youtu.be/pqv_LUStxDw

>Middle Zealand

A villain that hasn't been relevant in over a decade

Favourite joke
>when BadCop is raging and in the background, one of the robots slowly get's off his vehicle and legs it.
>Then BadCop throws the chair
Does anyone have the webm.

Killer Croc yelling "I DID SOMETHING!" when he activated the bomb underwater hit the hardest.

>Metalbeard's ship
I was gonna get that after I learned of it because it looked really nice as a build, but it was not available anymore for ages at that point.

>Vitruvius
Holy shit. That’s his name?! I just called him Morgan Freeman

Underappreciated joke just before that scene is when Emmet and Lucy escape through the tunnel, the tunnel closes behind them and then all the police cars just start fucking throwing themselves at the tunnel door, flying in from all over and piling up, then a fucking helicopter just drops onto the pile and it spontaneously catches fire. Absolutely hysterical.

I need a GIF or webm of that scene, actually.

i like that scene were pig explodes into sausages

>Favourite joke/scene?
Had to have been the introduction of the 2002 NBA All-Stars. As someone who collected these little guys way back when, they were a deep cut so unexpected that I actually wanted to clap.

I was like this for the Bionicle shout out. I really appreciate that even if they had no place in the story they still found a way to have them in it.

I've just realised I forgot to include
>the 1 second beat before the chair hits the robot far off in the background

It a nice and refreshing idea

That poor robot. He could see he was fucked and made a run for it, but it was not to be.

I liked the antagonist.Since he's the protagonist's dad, that makes the last scenes a delight to watch, with two different point of view of the game, two different generations and two different autism.