What would DC have to do, to beat the MCU?

What would DC have to do, to beat the MCU?

Sell to Disney and then keep making movies that suck ass until the entire ship goes under

All their new movies are good.

No more executive meddling.

Anddddd...- oh yeah find a variety of directors. Seriously why give the keys to Zack? What contract was that?

Not worry about trying to beat the MCU

Literally all they had to do was not give the keys to Zack and change the color pallet

At this point, they definitely can't.
Marvel has successfully branded itself as the most important movie property ever that can do no wrong. Large amounts of people feel obligated to watch whatever they put out just because they need to keep up to date for the big retarded crossover.

Even if they unfucked themselves, tons of people wouldn't give the movies the time of day.
Meanwhile DC's fuck ups have pretty much them branded as the worst thing ever.

And the console War mentality makes it so some people outright refuse to watch it out of loyalty to Disney.

Any Batman movie.

Find a time machine, go back and start the superhero cinematic universe before Iron Man 1 drops. Write movies that are actually good instead of awful fucking scripts badly edited but buried under a wheelbarrow of symbolism and apocalyptic colorfilters to make them seem mature.

Even if the DCCU was actually good, they were always going to have the reputation of being late to the party. The fact that so many of their movies so far have been not just mediocre but outright terrible has put them in a rough spot. No one is going to take a DC movie reboot seriously for years.

DC didn't just show up to the party late. It showed up to the party drunk, grabbed the microphone and started rambling about its philosophy paper it is working on for class but it keeps losing the thread of its own story. And then it threw up in front of everyone.

And instead of bowing out gracefully, it grabbed the microphone again and declared "Its- its okay everyone. Its only corn beef." As if that someone makes it better. And then threw up again on someone trying to help it outside.

I like most of the marvel movies and I'm not going to see Black Panther because I can't imagine it's important to the ongoing universe, unless Bucky gets out of his ice cube in the movie.

I don't mean literally everyone, I don't think I've seen a Marvel movie in theaters since Ant-man and even then I didn't catch AoU.
But I don't deny that these movies have a huge ridiculously loyal following even if I'm not part of it.

not hire Zack Snyder and David Goyer

Make faithful adaptations to good comics.
Or try something closer to the tone of the Batman and Superman 90s cartoons.

release more solo movies to build hype.
shazam and the rest should be in the dceu but not connected that much, meaning no batman/ww cameos, only references.
make some solo batman movie with joker. this always works to make money. something like an adaptation of the red hood would work.
flash should not be flashpoint, use the rogues instead. Keep the flashpoint for later, and make it a faithfull adaptation of the animated movie.
Teen titans movie could also work.
suicide squad and gotham city sirems are gold mines. teenage girls are not the main demographic of comic movies, yet they eat that shit up. And its mostly about street level heroes so there is no need for much CGI.

>Faithful Adaptations
Unnecessary

That would beat the MCU by miles already. Notice I said
>faithful adaptations to GOOD comics

Make good movies

Nothing because DC has zero control over the movies.

I just have a question, the fuck is that thing

Well, Chris Terrio might have been able to do a good adaptation of whatever Argo is based on, but he's not really a good screen-writer as far as ideas go.

>Whatever Argo is based on
Real events?

>Marvel has successfully branded itself as the most important movie property ever that can do no wrong. Large amounts of people feel obligated to watch whatever they put out just because they need to keep up to date for the big retarded crossover.

Not really true. If SM-HC had been say about Sam or about some other teen Marblette kid, it would have made less money, ditto if they had cast someone other than the Cumbitches fave for that movie; they've all been making less and less money. Audience assumes that the movies are interchangeable.

>shazam and the rest should be in the dceu

The movie is going to feature Henry. He's going to be Billy's inspiration before he meets the Wizard.

Nope, it's an adaptation. It may be he adapted journalism reports and made up all the conversations and dialogue. But it's an adaptation.

doesn't DC sell more than Marvel now? (if you discount their stupid over stocking policy)
I think it was just slow and steady until Marvel actually started to screw up.

go back in time

lmao they are kicking the shit our of marvel for games and actuall comic sales.

its not so bad for them

I'm not sure what it would mean to 'beat' the MCU, but I think they could do a better job at making many movies with characteristics that would be appealing to me to repeatedly watch and think about by making many movies that have a better combination of the following characteristics compared to what occurs in many MCU movies so far:

touching upon more interesting ideas in a graceful and tactful way,

being more impactful on the viewer in some senses,

being more memorable in some positive ways,

having better action scenes,

having technology that seems more amazing,

having music that is more appealing to listen to repeatedly than many MCU movies have had,

and being generally better movies in terms of how many movie critics think about movies.

I don't know if successfully doing those things or just attempting to do those things would necessarily be a good thing to do from a financial perspective however.

how well would a comic adaptation do?

>It showed up to the party drunk
MoS
>grabbed the microphone and started rambling about its philosophy paper it is working on for class but it keeps losing the thread of its own story.
BvS
>And then it threw up in front of everyone.
SS
>And instead of bowing out gracefully, it grabbed the microphone again and declared "Its- its okay everyone. Its only corn beef."
WW
>And then threw up again on someone trying to help it outside.
JL

Not bad user