Please explain a dumb-o this

Why such things like "50% less fat"/"less salt", "without added preservatives", "no artificial flavors", "cancerogen free", "non-MSG", "0g trans fat" etc even exist?
What's the point of selling and buying food that is unhealthy?

What this basically tells me is that food producers are like: "you don't have enough money to buy our cancer-free food? no problem! here's some colon cancer"

Why not just stop producing and throw out/burn all that garbage, save a couple of billion $ that way, and sell only healthy food?

And what is up with all the "organic" food? I see these "natural food" stores and they have all these products that are double or triple the price. Is it a buzzword to charge more or are organic foods more expensive to produce for real?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rBUGVkmmwbk
youtube.com/user/thetruthaboutcancer
bls.gov/regions/mid-atlantic/data/AverageRetailFoodAndEnergyPrices_USandMidwest_Table.htm
walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-All-Natural-Boneless-Skinless-Chicken-Breasts-5-lbs/36179444
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Profit answers every question there moose

But if they only produces quality food that is worth more wouldn't they make more money since people wouldn't have the option to buy cheap and bad food. Outlaw shit food.

Profits. People will buy shit based off whatever popular buzzword is on it.

It's just a label user, like nigger, beaner, chink, fag, it's what's on the inside that counts :)

>What's the point of selling and buying food that is unhealthy?

Is sodium unhealthy or is it just a heath issue for some people?
What's unhealthy about artificial flavors?
No food is carcinogen free.
MSG causes some issue for some people but isn't bad for people in general.
Transfats are however terrible without any redeeming qualities.

Organic food is a scam for people with more money than sense. Other than a few niggers eating dirt all food is organic.

>He's ready for another redpill.

youtube.com/watch?v=rBUGVkmmwbk

youtube.com/user/thetruthaboutcancer

I hate to spew more babbies first economics but supply and demand, there's a demand for dirt cheap food so by whatever means possible someone will produce it.

> Coz profit

If only grocery stores sold uncooked meat and vegetables... if only

Because it's cheaper to make root beer flavor in a lab than to go dig-up sarsaparilla roots.

>What's the point of selling and buying food that is unhealthy?

because it tastes good to most people.

>And what is up with all the "organic" food? I see these "natural food" stores and they have all these products that are double or triple the price. Is it a buzzword to charge more or are organic foods more expensive to produce for real?

of course they cost more to produce. you should probably still buy it though, or better yet, grow your own.

Then just outlaw it.

>But if they only produces quality food that is worth more wouldn't they make more money since people wouldn't have the option to buy cheap and bad food. Outlaw shit food.

Shit food? I take it you mean food that's very high in nutritional value. Dollar per kilocalorie you can't beat sugary drinks.

Also raising the cost of food just raises poverty.

Muh freedums

Patch me in, Tank...
>1 hour+ video
Can I get a TLDR instead?

>Can I get a TLDR instead?
Killing cancerous cells is literally killing a part of yourself.
It's hard to do and can make you really sick or just kill you.

TL;DR some types of cancer sucks.

>What this basically tells me is that food producers are like: "you don't have enough money to buy our cancer-free food? no problem! here's some colon cancer"

I'm sick of this fucking meme. Americans are just retarded and lazy in general. No one knows how to cook, all everyone buys is frozen meals and pre-made bullshit which is where this "hurrhurr healthy eating is expensive!" bullshit comes from. No shit the "Organic numale cuck's choice!" GMO-free FROZEN DINNER is expensive you fucktard. Do you retards realize how stupidly inexpensive chicken breast is? You realize you can go to Trader Joe's and buy literally every spice you would ever need for a grand total of 7 or so dollars which is going to last you half a year at least? I'm sick of retards who never learned how to cook complaining about "eating healthy is expensive!" because their idea of eating healthy is going to the organic isle and buying Gluten free vegetable chips for $8.99 a bag.

Capitalism

In terms of nutritional value per dollar spend inclusive of minerals/vitamins, fats, kilocalories you are much better off buying a combination of packaged ready too cook items and fresh meats than trying to exclude any 'processed' foods.

Pleasure-seeking mouth breathers love instant food at an affordable price.

Fucking this.
Unhealthy food is expensive as fuck.

>1kg of pasta 0.65€
>6 tomato sauce cans 2.10€

>1l of extra virgin olive oil 4€

There, you have enough pasta and tomato for 5-6 meals, and it takes literally 20 minutes to prepare each. You can make 3 meals at a time, eat a plate, then reheat later. It easily lasts 3 days in the fridge, and 24-48 hours at room temperature depending on how hot it is.

The bottle of oil will last at least a month if you're alone.

As far as proteins go, legumes are super cheap and you don't need to stick a lot of meat in a pot of beans to make them taste good.

On average a homecooked meal on a budgets costs 2€ or less, including the electricity/gas to cook it.

One McMenu at McDonald's is at least 7€.
One bag of chips is 1.5€.

Stop saying that unhealthy food is cheaper because IT'S JUST NOT FUCKING TRUE.

Monsanto corn subsidies and other lovely tricks of the trade delicately balance tastier food and cheaper product

I was startled to see things like riboflavin which seems to be a food additive in EVERYTHING. It really pays to be aware of stuff like that, I can't believe how they add chemicals to food which does god knows what to your body.

Ribloflavin is vitamin B2 you blithering idiot.

>1kg of pasta 0.65€
That seems unlikely.

>6 tomato sauce cans 2.10€
Per can or in total because one is reasonable the other is delusional.

>There, you have enough pasta and tomato for 5-6 meals
Pasta and tomato isn't a healthy and balanced diet. You would literally die of malnutrition if that was the only food you ate.

>Stop saying that unhealthy food is cheaper because IT'S JUST NOT FUCKING TRUE.
You literally just proved that with you diet that will fucking kill you.

I bet you'rre a gross fatass. Eating healthy is cheap as fuck. You can buy a 15 lb bag of frozen chicken breast for around $10. Anyone who tries to argue eating healthy is "expensive" is a fatass that needs to be gassed.

Organic food is more expensive because when you don't use GMO high yield varieties of crops, chemical fertilizers and pesticides your crop yields are much smaller than if you did.

If every agroindustrial farm were converted to an organic farm, we wouldn't produce enough food to feed the massive populations we've been able to support with the Green Revolution.

That said, the reason why so many North Americans are fat and unhealthy isn't related to organic vs. nonorganic or expensive vs. cheap. It's because people are eating too much of it. The "unhealthy" shit that we eat, are in some ways major achievements in culinary engineering because we've been able to up the calorie density. Donuts are like a fucking super food in terms of calorie density and starving hunter gatherers would kill each other for that shit.

Our desires for sweet, salty, fatty calorie dense foods evolved in an age when food was not nearly as abundant and available as it is now. In modern times, you have to exercise your self control if you want mastery over your health.

Part of being truly redpilled is being self sufficient, which means learning to grow your own food. Best decision of my life.

I'm someone that can do basic math and doesn't conflate high calorie food as being unhealthy.
You can't get fat unless you have a diet that's higher in nutritional value than you need to sustain yourself.

What people call healthy or unhealthy is almost always wrong because people in general have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

Don't forget a whole chicken is cheep as fuck, and you can save the bones to make stock,
>hurrdurr my precut meat

Organic is less efficient and uses more expensive pesticides. So yes, organic is more expensive to produce.

>That seems unlikely.

Do I need to post a picture of the damn price sticker? Look at my flag genius. I literally live in fucking pastaland. If pasta is expensive where you are substitute it with rice. Not rocket science.

Per can or in total because one is reasonable the other is delusional.

In total. They're 0.35 each or thereabouts for 400g.

>Pasta and tomato isn't a healthy and balanced diet. You would literally die of malnutrition if that was the only food you ate.

>what is an example

>2kg of beans for 1.9€
>0.5kg of beef for 4€
>throw in a pot, add some pepper and olive oil and cook for 1 hour
>you have enough for at least 6 meals again

wow so difficult, so expensive

>You literally just proved that with you diet that will fucking kill you.
Lol, sure.
Literally everyone here in Italy gets at least 50% of their caloric intake from pasta and I'm not seeing huge malnutrition epidemics.

Besides that was a fucking EXAMPLE.
You can get all kinds of vegetables and fruit all for 1-1.5€/kg.
Most meats are under the 12€/kg mark, especially if you actually take the time and go to the butcher rather than buying them at the supermarket.

Potatoes are 0.7-1€/kg most of the time.

It's not my fault that you can't throw three ingredients together in such a way that they make a meal, and that you can't alternate between various meals from time to time.

>You can buy a 15 lb bag of frozen chicken breast for around $10

Boneless chicken breasts sell for an average of $3.20 per pound.
bls.gov/regions/mid-atlantic/data/AverageRetailFoodAndEnergyPrices_USandMidwest_Table.htm

You price is 46% of the average price.

You could actually buy a whole chicken for about the price you claim but then you are paying for a lot of bone most people don't process to eat.

As long as you realize what chemicals are actually fucking harmful and what's relatively harmless for you, you'll be fine.

There's no such thing as harmless chemical, oxygen is toxic and you need it to live. Avoid the ") sugar" bullshit.

He's an idiot pastabro, don't let him get to you. You can buy 1kg of pasta for less than 50 cents here, I do it frequently. Fatass lazy people in America like to lie to themselves that eating healthy is impossible because it's a lot easier to cry about "the system" and go to mcdonalds then to develop discipline and learn how to cook.

Sugar is unhealthy period.
If you ate 1000kcal of sugar per day for a few years you wouldn't get fat but you'd destroy your intestine and almost certainly get diabetes.

Same goes for trans fats, they're just unhealthy. Nothing to do with how much you eat.

>You can buy 1kg of pasta for less than 50 cents here

Not bad, I can only get it for that low when it's on sale.

>olive oil
>tomato
>pasta

Enjoy obesity, you fat dego

If you are paying $3.20 for a pound of chicken breast you're either a retarded nigger living in some liberal shit hole. I can buy fresh chicken breast at my local kroger for around $1.20 a pound.

Same here, but it's crazy easy to find stuff on sale. Most major retail stores have apps where you can download coupons and they come off automatically at check out.

Make broth with bones.

I'm with you on the "people can't cook for themselves anymore" shtick, but you can't say
>Sugar is unhealthy period.

If you only fed yourself on any one source of calories for a few years you'd be fucked. That doesn't make them "unhealthy period", it just means you're an idiot for not having a varied diet. You can have sugar in moderation with no negative effects on your health.

I'm with you on trans fats though.

I'll explain the comic.

Complete failure. Hotdogs are usually on the other side of the store away from sodas. Chips are by themselves in the aisle. Maybe across from them is cereal. Then cheese is in the same side of the store as the hotdogs, but in a different section. Hamburger helper is usually in the baking aisle. Spread is usually on the other side of the aisle from chips.

2/10, comic is worthless.

>Do I need to post a picture of the damn price sticker? Look at my flag genius. I literally live in fucking pastaland. If pasta is expensive where you are substitute it with rice. Not rocket science.
Average cost of Pasta is $1.30 per pound your claim of a price of 0.65E per 1kg is only $0.31USD/pound. Your claimed cost is 4 times cheaper.

kg of beans for 1.9€
$1.4 per 453g (1 lb).

.5kg of beef for 4€
The cheapest beef being ground chuck costs $4.20 for 453g. Nothing like dumping ground beef into a pot and making mush.

>You can get all kinds of vegetables and fruit all for 1-1.5€/kg.
Which you didn't include in your example meal that you suggested.

>Most meats are under the 12€/kg mark, especially if you actually take the time and go to the butcher rather than buying them at the supermarket.
>It's not my fault that you can't throw three ingredients together in such a way that they make a meal, and that you can't alternate between various meals from time to time.

You fail to understand, but that's okay.

Prices came from: bls.gov/regions/mid-atlantic/data/AverageRetailFoodAndEnergyPrices_USandMidwest_Table.htm

Because Satan rules his world.

>Make broth with bones.
Maybe but you aren't gaining a lot in terms of nutritional value, you might actually be losing in the cost/nutrition due to the long cooking time and the cost of energy.

>If you are paying $3.20 for a pound of chicken breast you're either a retarded nigger living in some liberal shit hole. I can buy fresh chicken breast at my local kroger for around $1.20 a pound.

My anecdote trumps your statistical facts!

This really makes me think considering where I work.

But yeah, profit rules all when it comes to this, and organic is just a marketing thing that came to prominence with the most recent generation of millennial leftists. You are wondering why the world doesn't do things the way you want, but does things another way, that's because the way things are right now maximizes profit and has a consumer base that lets it thrive.

Mainly it's delicious, but you're also extracting more nutritional value out of bones you'd have tossed away anyway. It takes no effort, just a pot on simmer, don't even have to watch it.

I had a lot of hot dogs during election season, now it's hard to go shit.
do i have colon cancer now?

Here's an ad I took from searching 1 second that shows you can buy them for $2.20 a lb at walmart
walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-All-Natural-Boneless-Skinless-Chicken-Breasts-5-lbs/36179444
If you go to costco you can buy even larger portions at even cheaper price to pound ratios. Stop making excuses for being a fatass you fatass.

OP, you like documentaries? Yeah, yeah? Me too. You may be interested in That Sugar Film, where the director who is a 100% raw foods, activated almonds M'Fer subjects his own body to months of eating 'low sugar, low carb, healthy this healthy that' foods. His medical reports before and after are pretty startling. Worth a watch.

My prices are Italian, obviously.
I don't live in burgerland and I don't know burger prices.
However, I am 100% positive that you can get beans for MUCH lower than 1.4$/pound. That price is outrageous.

And even if you double them, the average income in 'murica is almost double the average income in Italy so it cancels out.