Redpill me on Bob Kane and help me settle an argument with my normie friend who thinks he should get full credit for...

Redpill me on Bob Kane and help me settle an argument with my normie friend who thinks he should get full credit for Batman. How much of the series is he responsible for and what was the extent he did to Bill Finger?

Other urls found in this thread:

gothamalleys.blogspot.com/2010/09/complete-history-of-joker.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=H0sp20-LF4I
amazon.com/Bill-Boy-Wonder-Secret-Co-Creator/dp/1580892892
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kane came up with the basic concept of ''Bat themed Vigilante fights crime'', essentially everything else came from Finger or other collaborators. Your friend is retarded for thinking he should get full credit when it is very well known that just isnt the case.

>How much of the series is he responsible for
Pretty much just the name

Bob Kane makes Stan Lee look like a saint that never did anything wrong in his life.

Stan did it for just about every character, bob just "created" all of batman

A little off topic, but who created the Joker, Finger or Jerry Robinson? I've heard that it's one of those cases where no one can agree on an answer and Robinson is convinced he's responsible.

>Redpill me on
Fuck off

We thank Finger round these parts. Anyone have that comic strip of Batman if entirely written by Bob Kane? Its pretty funny

I've seen it but I'm not sure what I'd search for to find it

>Redpill me
>normie
Fuck off casual you don't know a fucking thing about Bob Kane anyway

your friend is an idiot, but I guess he's a normie so w/e. Theres a ton of well written articles and discussions about this just google and find a good one and tell them to read it or stfu.

Just ask Jim Shooter

Stan never claimed he was the sole creator of anything, he just let people believe he was. When asked he always gave credit where credit was due or said he couldn't remember who created what.

gothamalleys.blogspot.com/2010/09/complete-history-of-joker.html?m=1

>Kane and Finger continued to develop Batman's universe until the 1960's with the help of other writers and artists, notably Jerry Robinson, who for years claimed that he was the one who invented Joker based on a Joker card and presented the idea to Kane and Finger.
>Bob Kane: Bill Finger and I created the Joker. Bill was the writer. Jerry Robinson came to me with a playing card of the Joker. That's the way I sum it up. [The Joker] looks like Conrad Veidt — you know, the actor in The Man Who Laughs, [the 1928 movie based on the novel] by Victor Hugo. [...] Bill Finger had a book with a photograph of Conrad Veidt and showed it to me and said, 'Here's the Joker'. Jerry Robinson had absolutely nothing to do with it, but he'll always say he created it till he dies. He brought in a playing card, which we used for a couple of issues for him [the Joker] to use as his playing card - May 17, 1994, Entertainment Weekly Interview

Here it is.

Stan at the very least had real input in the characters he created. Bob literally just had "bat themed vigilante." His original concept was so vastly different from what we actually got that it could be said to be a completely different character. Stan's main sin was he didn't give proper credit where credit was due. Not even necessarily deliberately. People were entranced by the stories and just figured that all the credit went to the writer not knowing guys like Ditko and Kirby actually contributed a lot of story elements. Stan was still there every step of the way throwing in elements and writing dialogue. He just wasn't responsible for every element that he was credited with. Bob had one hazy as fuck idea that he threw to Finger and Robinson who fleshed it out into the character we all know and love today and then proceeded to actively fuck over anyone that rightly attempted to assert claim over shit Kane didn't have a god damn thing to do with like the Joker.

>then proceeded to actively fuck over anyone
Like how? I always love Sup Forums history lessons.

Siegel and Shuster contacted Kane about suing DC over ownership of their characters, Kane told them he was very interested and immediately snitched them in to the publishers who fucked them hard pre-emptively. In return Kane got extra money and a special rights deal regarding Batman which made him rich for life. Finger and Robinson got fucking nothing.

Lee by comparison out-Jewed Ike Perlmutter so hard Perlmutter ended up having to pay Lee twice what he was already for the rest of Lee's natural life, when Perlmutter started off trying to halve what they were currently paying him.

Basically Bob Kane had DC sign a contract saying that he would be considered the sole creator of Batman in perpetuity locking the Finger estate out of any rightful claim to credit or monetary compensation to the Batman franchise. Stan Lee was a dick but he never attempted to actively lock out his collaborators from their rightful credit.

He literally wrote it into his will that he was the only one legally allowed to be credited for Batman. Essentially meaning only his Estate would receive the royalties.

Why doesn't DC rectify the situation now by giving Finger and Robinson's family what's owed to them? Seems like the whole Bob Kane debacle is the worst kept secret in comics history. I know they've been giving Finger co-creator credit recently but that doesn't seem like enough.

Not saying this is accurate but it’s close to the type of person Finger was

In short he was a hack

>Redpill

Fucking kill yourself, faggot.

Tell your friend he's a stupid cunt and bitchslap him.

The greatest clown artist of our time. Also got punked by Steranko like a little bitch.

Companies don't like to rock the boat with shit like this because it opens the doors for a lot of unforseen backlash. The comic industry of old was run pretty unethically all around. A lot of people got screwed in ways that don't gel today. Fixing one injustice means youve got to fix them all and that might now be something that today's diminished industry could survive.

The talents of Kane:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0sp20-LF4I

>Redpill me
The Matrix was made by trannies

Anyone got the story bout his clown art?

amazon.com/Bill-Boy-Wonder-Secret-Co-Creator/dp/1580892892

>for the rest of Lee's natural life
That fucking ended like ten years ago.

You mean Kane.Bill's biggest problem was asking for advances and taking too long to get the scripts in

Because
>Basically Bob Kane had DC sign a contract saying that he would be considered the sole creator of Batman in perpetuity locking the Finger estate out of any rightful claim to credit or monetary compensation to the Batman franchise.

aka if DC tried to do right by Finger, the Kane estate would sue because it would be a breach of contract.

It wasn't until like this decade where they finally started crediting Bill Finger alongside Bob Kane for creating Batman, probably because the public was gradually getting aware of the story and the Kane estate probably modified the contract.

Did Bob Kane create Cool McCool by himself, or did he take sole credit for that as well?

Fuck, it was Steranko not Shooter... wtf was I thinking.