For a cartoon that strongly and admirably empathizes the importance of bonds and trust...

For a cartoon that strongly and admirably empathizes the importance of bonds and trust, is it weird as fuck how hostile the Titans in the early episodes? Cyborg threatens to fucking quit TWICE in the first two episodes and verbally abuses his friends.

Well they are teenagers, from different backgrounds and upbringings
You can't expect them to act mature especially around eachother.

Yeah, they'd just formed their team, the first episodes are about them learning to work together and becoming better friends and teammates. The point of the show is that as teen titans they have a lot of growing up to do, and as the series progresses they do.

It's called drama.

They're a bunch of moody teenagers trying to be superheroes. If this shit wasn't rated T the Teen Titans would almost certainly end like any other Greek tragedy. With one of the members dying and the others learning from his/her sacrifice.

Don't forget the crazy orgy.

> With one of the members dying and the others learning from his/her sacrifice.
> that episode where Starfire technically "dies" and the team immediately tears itself apart and splits ways

Don't they end up dying a lot in the original comics the show was based on?

The first few episodes just weren't very good.

Splitting hairs, but she didn't "die" she just disappeared from the past and came back

Yea there was a hall for dead Titans and I think one of Slades kids dying was the reason he was one of their main villains.

If it's a Greek orgy then its mostly/only the dudes.

IT BETTER

Greeks are known for bringing two great things to the world. Democracy and assfucking.

>either of those
>great

Oh fuck I forgot about that episode. If she had actually died instead of going back in time that episode might not have turn out like It's a Wonderful Life. TTs always seemed to get as close to the line a cartoon could go but always realed it back with a happy ending. Could you imagine if Star was unable to go back to her time and had to stick it out in the future?

WHAT! You mean people are not best friends instantly and they have to build those bonds of friendship and trust before the cartoon can be about those same bonds?
WHHHAAAATTTTT?!?!?

Are your mental problems genetic or did you eat too much lead paint, OP?

Isn't that kind of the point?
It emphasizes the importance of bonds and trust. The main conflict is that they function poorly without bonds or trust.

They're teens. Teens aren't exactly 100% emotionally balanced, and you also need conflict for them to work on and resolve.

This is also why I don't get the criticism behind Young Justice and Mystery Inc. over this. People get mad at teens for acting like teens put in risky situations.

Maybe they were basing their dynamic on the comics.

cyborg wasn't exactly the happiest guy on the planet and Robin is kinda obnoxious

Because it gives them an obstacle to overcome before reaching their goal, and allows them to progress as characters.

It's called tension and character development, it's specifically made to reinforce said moral by the end of the story. Saying how that's counter-intuitive to the message of show is like saying "What the fuck, how is Red Riding Hood about listining to your parents and not talk to strangers when that's what she immediately does in the start of the story!?!?".

In short, OP is really dense and possibly autistic.

>This is also why I don't get the criticism behind Young Justice and Mystery Inc. over this. People get mad at teens for acting like teens put in risky situations.
The problem with those shows isn't that at all, but haters have zero critical analysis skills so they tend to blurt out the first thing they can remember about it when hating on something.

The real problem with them is the ridiculously flat characters who keep pretending they're not

Bussy virgin detected.

>TTs always seemed to get as close to the line a cartoon could go

Justice League was going way farther at the same time. Is it just me, or does it seem like the audience for TT just didn't watch JL/JLU?

You're implying everyone here is like that faggot user who wants depressing shit in his cartoons.

Is real life not depressing enough for you?

spbp

Most of this thread is retarded as fuck.

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the specific aspect OP is discussing.
(Also you better not mean first few in order, because the second episode is fucking gold.)

>the audience for TT just didn't watch JL/JLU?
The adult characters and more serious tone bored me as a kid (I love them now), so I really just watched Teen Titans. The JL cartoon is something my Dad was interested in, so it just felt “old” to me then.

I thought the idea was that they had just started out. I mean going by the first episode alone, you could see that they absolutely sucked, seeing as how they got wrecked by the hive.

This, Robin and Cyborg's falling out isn't the first episode technically but it was aired first, because it's the kind of plot you could only do right away. Also, Cyborg's chafing under Robin's leadership and wanting to be his own man comes up again later in the HIVE/Titans East arc.

>Robin and Cyborg's falling out isn't the first episode technically but it was aired first
Other way around, you retard.

It's called "character development" and you wouldn't know about that because all you watch is retarded Steven Universe shit.

>now give me the diamonds
How does this joke keep working?

>TTs always seemed to get as close to the line a cartoon could go but always realed it back with a happy ending.
Bro

Yes you could argue this is a happy ending for Terra, but they basically undo her heroic sacrifice, revealing her as a broken kid hiding from her past, and BB learns to let go of his. They both learn and grow, but neither are very happy about it. That's adolescence for you.

Shit man, I dunno, the Wikipedia list has it first but airing later, but I know Divide & Conquer was the first episode I saw back on Kids WB at the time, and when CN recently started rerunning through the old show, they start with Final Exam, which also works well as a first episode cuz it sets up the whole main cast, their HIVE counterparts, and the main villain, Slade.

Maybe I'm technically wrong, but this shit is confusing enough there's no grounds for name-calling.

You have to actually pay attention when you watch the episodes, user. In D&C they don't show who Slade is, in FE they do. Hence D&C was produced first. Your reasoning re:CN is why the episodes were then switched around.

Wikipedia literally explains your confusion in the note, by the way: you simply missed the preview, and only watched the regular airings.

It's not as weird as early Xmen episodes

Gambit/Wolverine/Cyclops can get into fights over nothing

>Gambit/Wolverine/Cyclops can get into fights over nothing.
>It's a Wolverine snikts for no reason episode