Is it just me, or does fashion base itself off of fiction... A lot... this is your standard dark mage psychic character...

Is it just me, or does fashion base itself off of fiction... A lot... this is your standard dark mage psychic character. Like raven.

I think creating a character design for yourself like a comic is fun to say the least.

What the fuck is that thing around his neck

Wait till you see how much it's worth

No, fiction and fashion like all art share a lot of the same conventions.
An aesthetically pleasing character design will probably have a lot of overlap with aesthetically pleasing fashion design. The difference is just what can be accomplished in the medium.

That dress actually impressed me.

>Straight outta comic book

Why haven't any heroes ever had disguises that are made to transform into costumes?

Last stand Spider-Man has a reversible jacket.

Pretty nice I say

Several have/had

I didn't know that was reversible

A hoe collar.

That's not even that impressive for quick change.

I like his outfit more and the spin adds some flair.
This is cool though.

Violet Chachki is great fodder for "turn this fashion into a supervillian" threads tho

And vice versa. The relationship between fashion and fiction designs is also important to note when some dumbass feminist or cuck talks about character designs being "sexualized" or overly sexy. Every single era, at least in comics, is just based on the fashion of the time. So in the 80s and 90s, when showing a lot more skin became fashionable, it was reflected in the comics design. Then we have people looking back and trying to project some utility and function on the form, completely ignorant of this and what it's based off of.

Stuff like this could work for Flash or Superman or Spider-Man, characters that can move and change really fast. They're all resource enough design something like that too.

Bankai

>Is it just me, or does fashion base itself off of fiction... A lot...
Fucking duh, moron.

There's a point where you've gone past fashion and into monster design and that is it.

This one is awful.

Where can I buy that jacket?

Hey, Sup Forums, I'm a brainlet with no imagination.

Can someone PLEASE describe to me a scenario in which an outfit like this would work or make sense in any social situation?

None. These outfits are more a display of skill by the designer.

Past something like a celebrity gathering, there's no real average social situation for an outfit like that. Really just some party/festival where you're allowed to wear whatever shit you like because people are there to have fun and appreciate that kind of thing is the only other situation thinkable.

Keep in mind this is a Drag Queen Competition Show, their job is to be over the top and outlandish. Actual Fashion Shows are apparently 1 part art exhibit 1 part concept test. They're artists who want to create something that excites them and/or push fashion techniques to the limit so that they can create practical applications.

That sounds retarded.

There's The Question, who has a gas that makes his No-Face mask stick to his face and change the color of his clothes and hair.

Hence: brainlet

How?

>ninja goth
Back to 2013 /fa/ wth you!

That's really cool, in both concept and execution