Will Black Panther flop in China?

Will Black Panther flop in China?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/black-panther-things-to-know/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocities_in_the_Congo_Free_State
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yea, probably.

Marvel movies usually do bad in China. Not like it needs China though.

Most likely, yeah.

Maybe. I neither know nor care.

Because I'm not Chinese, and I'm not Disney.

Kinda retarded to care if you're not one or the other.

what kind of a human are you. you don't take pleasure from plight of others?/

They're only evil corporations.
It's not even schadenfraude really.

Marvel movies generally break 100 million in China, there are really very few movies that do 200-300 million there, and most of them are local fare.

The top 5 grossing movies in China last year, all of them except Furious were Chinese.

Even Doctor Strange broke a 100 million there, not sure about Ant-Man. Civil War did almost 200 million.

>The top 5 grossing movies in China last year, all of them except Furious were Chinese.
It was intentional. China deliberately, without warning, delayed every western film that was suppose to air in the busy summer season. The only one spared was Wonder Woman which was released a few weeks before the cutoff. This was the only reason why Homecoming had fake week numbers, because the Chinese release didn't match previous films.

Basically China was worried about the local film industry, and last year threw its weight around to make sure foreign films suffered.

Generally the Big Team Marvel movies do close to 200 million, the solo movies all do 100 million (even Man of Ants).

Go back to 2013, Iron Man 3 was the top foreign film in China, with 120 million.
Everything else in the top was local. Journey to the West made 200 mil that year.

Wolf Warrior 2 made more money in China than Wonder Woman made TOTALLY.

More action the better. Story doesn't matter, as long as the characters are beating the shit out of each other.

Wonder Woman was also the only superhero movie to NOT make 100 million in China last year. Even Logan and JUSTice League pulled 100 there.

It has high technology and tech-suits, car chases, and martial arts/ancient weapons.
Honestly it has a lot of reason to do well there.

And China doesn't hate Africa. It's an area they've been making huge investments in for years, dwarfing anything the US has done there.

Chinese box office is nothing but bragging rights. The actual studio take from each mafia owned cinema is low in terms of percentage. It really fucks up the numbers when trying to calculate what level of profit a movie actually makes versus its budget, since studios are lucky to take even 20% of the box office over there.

>And China doesn't hate Africa. It's an area they've been making huge investments in for years, dwarfing anything the US has done there.
That's like saying King Leopold II absolutely LOVED Africa. They're there to exploit and indirectly kill the population through run-off contamination, not make friends.

Genuinely curious why anyone who is not a Disney or WB exec would care about projected box office returns from a superhero film?

Shitposting or console war/tribal ungabunga stupidity

Didn't some shitty Chinese movie make more money than Batman vs Superman?

Why does anyone care about the Chinese market? The government tries its hardest to supress American media

It will at least profit since young Chinese guys love murican superheroes.

Now You See Me 2 made more than Batman vs Superman lol and Warcraft made more than Civil War (but Civil War still made 180k gross)

I suppose. I wish there was either:

1. less of this kind of thread on Sup Forums
or
2. the posters were required to aggressively roleplay a sweating film exec worried about quarterly earnings or some bullshit.

for us the novelity was a woman themed hero movie

for them, its tuesday. The Wu movies have plenty of overpowered lady badasses

people say Britannia treated Africa bad they got nothin on what china is doing

Without China investment, a lot of Africa will remain a disease ridden shithole who awful infrastructure ran by ruthless shitlords.

WITH China they might has some chance at some sort of industrial infrastructure, rail systems, good sewers, and an actual upstep in standards of living. There aren't a lot of environmentalists in Africa, BP has been shitting on Nigeria steadily for ages.

The actual risk is on the Chinese, they could easily put billions into Africa and have it all go to hell like Venezuela has.

*with awful infrastructure.

China doesn’t give two squirts of monkey piss about Africa, or who runs those nations so long as they’re able to exploit it.

They build the bare minimum of infrastructure and bring in there own people to do most of the work, leaving a handful of jobs to the locals. China is colonizing Africa with full consent.

White people said that about Thor with Black Valkyrie and it did great anyway. Why would racist lie like that?

You really believe they are going to convince Chinese people to relocate to the African continent to do mining and factory jobs? When your average Zimbabwean makes a 50th of what a Chinese factory man makes?

There'll be some Chinese upper management, sure.

>it did great anyway
You can thank SJWs for that.

Well back in 2013 it was estimated that one million Chinese had moved to Africa, roughly 200,000 were in South Africa. Now that may have changed slightly,but a million of them can’t all be in middle management.

Are you stupid? Look at what the Africans do with what's built in their country. The colonizing powers come in, build infrastructure, but then the colonizing power is the one that knows how to operate it. When they up and leave, the Africans let it fall to pieces because they don't know shit about machinery that they were never allowed to be near. There's literally zero risk for China in this.

This.

Because they didn't do exactly that in Tibet? China has a known policy of moving their people to locations to instill dominion and work efficiency. It's the party mentality. Go be a brainlet elsewhere, you simp.

>China doesn’t give two squirts of monkey piss about Africa, or who runs those nations so long as they’re able to exploit it.
Just like the former colonial powers

>wakanda was communist all along
>inexplicably blows out chinese box office
it would be like printing money

Yep pretty much. But this time around those who are colonizing them now are being welcomed with open arms, so long as they pay off the local and state leadership.

>You can thank SJWs for Thor doing well in China
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

China doesn't like sjw though. So they just like marvel more than they are racist.

>And China doesn't hate Africa. It's an area they've been making huge investments in for years, dwarfing anything the US has done there.
They like Africa. Not Africans.

who gives a shit at this point? ffs, just don't watch the fucking movie if you don't like it. I certainly won't. If you like it, good for you but these threads are really goddamn useless

>tfw you're a shamelessly biased partisan who doesn't get triggered at the sight of a partially black person

why do you care?

Wakanda is relatable to Chinese though.

Yeah that $800 Million box office gross was all SJW money

>Brits go to Nigeria
>build roads, schools, hospitals, rail lines
>effectively end the decades of war previously troubling the country
>quality of life for the average Nigerian skyrockets, lifespan extended by decades, children are educated in British built schools and the rail line revolutionizes the Nigerian economic landscape

>Chinks go to Nigeria
>build only the most bare minimum roads necessary to facilitate mining cargo transport
>force Nigerians through local government to work as extremely underpaid miners, essentially slaves
>make no attempt to improve their lives

European colonialism was certainly supported by a racially insensitive philosophy, but the compared to the chinks they were fucking saints. Except in the Congo, what a fucking nightmare.

>trying to trick the chinks by literally masking the nig on the poster

China is not a fan of SJW shit. The Last Jedi bombed there

It's honestly hard to predict. I think it'll do well thanks to him being introduced and well liked in Civil War, but it's possible that good will is gone by now.

SJWs can't even pay their rent. Constantly begging for money on gofundme

china banned hip hop and rap music and since this is a marvel movie I guess it will be full of that, unless they can totally erase the soundtrack I doubt the government will let them sow it in theaters

Why do chinks hate niggers so much?

I don't understand why these american movies always release in other countries before america

I can't think of a film that hasn't been spoiled for me because of it

Are they even going to show it there? I thought I heard China just recently started cracking down on their hiphop sub-culture. Seems counterproductive to show this right after doing that.

Demons are black in Chinese mythology

Thanks to certain laws, evil corporations are people too, so cackling at their downfall is technically schadenfraude

They don't really like outsiders, period.

because they are intelligent

They don't it's literally just being said by people who never interacted with any Chinese people

it probably won't do well but it's not because it's about black people, but because China is currently pouring a lot of effort into colonizing Africa and a movie about an independent African state fighting greedy foreigners who wish to plunder it is probably not very in line with their current foreign policy.

they're an absolute monarchy, theres not exactly much room for that reveal

god i hope so

I challenge you to name any population that has anything but contempt and mistrust for blacks.

NOPE

It is not enough to just ignore problems, you nazi.

What plight?

The movie's going to make their producers billions of dollars.

Why did they change the mask so much? The CW one was great, just improve on that.

ironically even wakanda does everything it can to keep the niggers out

He goes through some costum changes throughout the movie just like Iron Man changes his iron pants every other scene.

Good to hear, I really enjoyed that movie.

The idea that the western colonizing nations "left" africa is one of the most pervasive and untrue. Of course they are still there, except instead of armies they bully the weaker countries into opening up their markets and committing to austerity and wage freezes.

China is doing more of the same.

Imperialism! It's okay when china does it! Cuz they ain't white!

>redistribute land

fucking commies

China doesn’t give a fuck about American social politics you stupid faggot. They just don’t care for Star Wars.

>This was the only reason why Homecoming had fake week numbers, because the Chinese release didn't match previous films.
China was the reason its the most financially successful Spider-man movie. What the actual fuck are you talking about?

African-Americans will make this the highest grossing movie of all time

If it does well in the USA it will probably do OK in China.

wow, so this movie is hard scifi

Has that actually been said anywhere or just massive shitposting

>Releasing on Chinese New Year
Is the Lunar new year a movie going day for China? I know the televised Gala is a big deal, but that's at home, not at the movies

>16 year old
>woman

it's great how when it's convenient they call children women. but fuck someone two days from turning 18 and to jail you go.

Definitely

>Moore also described Shuri, the 16-year-old sister of T’Challa who’s head of the Wakanda Design Group, as being “the smartest person in the world, smarter than Tony Stark.” She sort of acts as Q to T’Challa’s James Bond, providing gadgets and know-how to assist in his duties. One of those gadgets is an updated costume.
collider.com/black-panther-things-to-know/

So its just hyping.

I'm more mad that T'challa got dumbed down to give Shuri something o do but I guess I'm not allowed to say that

>children
>16

Just looks like an even more alien-looking hapa.

this. am pajeet, niggers are disgusting

>Wolf Warrior 2 made more money in China than Wonder Woman made TOTALLY.
Good. It's a fine example of a movie that forces propaganda down your throat but still manages to be an enjoyable movie. The West should start taking notes and realize that shoving your politics in a movie doesn't give you an excuse to make it shitty.

>Why does anyone care about the Chinese market?
Money.

It's just one step in making future generations wifu's real.

someone have the page from the comic where black panther is explaining why they ignored the rest of Africa and were isolationist?

did you accidentally hit post before you managed to type something?

Interesting. Closed eyes in America but >woke in China

there was a favela in Rio de Janeiro in which police couldn't enter for years. When they finally invaded the place and seized control they were surprised to find Chinese people living among Brazilians. Chinese will go anywhere.

>Chinese box office is nothing but bragging rights. The actual studio take from each mafia owned cinema is low in terms of percentage. It really fucks up the numbers when trying to calculate what level of profit a movie actually makes versus its budget, since studios are lucky to take even 20% of the box office over there.
>citation needed
But yeah I'm sure all those big budget studios don't know shit, that's why they continue to pander to the Chinese.

What happened in the Congo?

Three to ten million were killed by King Leopold of Belgium.

Also, King Leopold oredered to cut the hands of Congolese people that refused to work en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocities_in_the_Congo_Free_State

>This is your mind on Sup Forums

I find the character boring and uninteresting, I hope it flops