Valiant Entertainment Bought Up 100% By Chinese Investors DMG

>bleedingcool.com/2018/01/29/valiant-entertainment-chinese-investors-dmg/
Thoughts?
Will this be good for his books?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/t2hZK
bleedingcool.com/2018/01/29/resign-chinese-investors-buy-valiant/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess this means more Chinese characters?

I ain't giving Rich clicks, post highlights

archive.is/t2hZK

china is about to cancel marvel and dc with their new superheroes

No, just less Tibetans.

O U

When has it ever been good news that Chinese buys the rights to anything?

Thanks
This smells like more Hollywood bullshit, just with Chinese money this time. Unless DMG sent the Axe Gang in to bust some legs

Legendary got bought by the Chinese didn't they?

>Valiant Entertainment Bought Up 100% By Chinese Investors DMG.
Well, shit.

>Legendary got bought by the Chinese didn't they?
Yes, it's the sole reason why we're getting Pacific Rim 2.

What the fuck. I guess they must have really liked DIVINITY.

This looks very much like the standard investment group buying into a hot genre that they don't fully understand scenario. I fully expect Valiant characters to get retooled and repurposed with a focus on overseas markets to fit whatever media the group envisions can make the most money. I can't imagine them continuing on with the comic side of things since the industry is a money pit for smaller publishers

Historically, Valiant was pretty much destroyed when it was bought out by Acclaim and they just used it as an IP farm for video games.

It may mean more financial stability, I have a feeling in the era of Cinematic Universe, Valiant has the best shot (along with Image) of breaking in to Hollywood.

What’s wrong with Bleeding Cool?

So are we still getting those movies?

it's buzzfeed-tier clickbait

It pushes regressive politics and blames fans for objecting to said politics being pushed upon them.

>Yes, it's the sole reason why we're getting Pacific Rim 2.

And I will never forgive them for the ways it’s going to be total shit.

That's all DeKnight and Boyega.

The Asian era of entertainment has begun. You could have stopped this, America.

they claim they are still making them but don't come out with anything to support that claim

So what now every comic will have a Chinese flag in it and a pile of dead Tibetans in the corners

>The Asian era of entertainment has begun.
I mean, we got the Shogun of Marvel here about to turn it into a den of weebery, so sure.

Fucking...Valiant? Really? I would think you'd have a better chance buying Tatsunoko to compete with Marvel/DC before Valiant.

The weeb den would be a thousand times better than what's going on now at Marvel.

Tatsunoko has barely a foot print in the States. At least Valiant is a US company

RIP Faith. No way the chinks will accept a fatty female.

Horribly intrusive ads.

I have to disable JavaScript to look at their site.

Someone makes up bullshit here on Sup Forums, then Rich comes in and makes an article about these "internet rumours" and then some dumbfuck reposts that stuff here like it's fact.

>posting this in website owned by jap

I feel like this is gonna end up being a money laundering thing.

This isn't new, they were aquired years ago. They already have a Valiant theme park in mind

I want those.

Is there anything Sup Forums related that is NOT a money laundering thing?

I'm pretty sure literally nobody cares about Valiant

And yet here you are.

Boyega seems to have let Star Wars go to his head.

>Valiant

>Trying to make a Capeshit trio
SATURATION

What's wrong with Valiant?

So are those Valiant Key issues and first appearances I bought going to be legit worth anything or will they be as disposable as toilet paper?

What's happening with the Quantum and Woody TV series with Jeff from Community playing Woody?

>bleedingcool.com/2018/01/29/resign-chinese-investors-buy-valiant/

>That includes the buyer being Chinese investment firm DMG Entertainment, originally set up in partnership with the Chinese government. Their acquisition of a minority share a few years ago was big news, but as they have stepped up to majority investor and now sole owner after triggering a contractual clause for full ownership, after Valiant were unable to find anyone to match their deal.
>As part of this, three Valiant executives will be stepping down. We named CEO/CCO Dinesh Shamdasani as leaving before, but also Chairman Peter Cuneo, and CCO Gavin Cuneo will be going, though Dinesh and Gavin will be transitioning out through consultation. Peter is out straight away.

Goodnight Sweet Prince

Well 90's Harbinger #1 with coupon goes for $100 sometimes.

As long as they get rid of Faith, it'll be fine.

Ironic, that's pretty much how Acclaim asserted control and how Valiant 1.0 crumbled and how 1.2 was propped up in it's place. It had a good run though, Vendetti's X-O aside

Precisely. I'm hoping we get some decent media at least out of it, because the little I've played of the previous Valiant Acclaim games they weren't anything to write home about.

Where's my Injustice style Valiant fighter?!

>the black superhero gets the chocolate flavor
It's the little things.

What are you talking about? XO Manowar was the corner stone to the entire reboot, it's what made everything else tick and spawn from there.

>The SJW Hill Shills sell their company to the Chinese

I wish I was surprised. All we need now is to find out one of their CEOs was a sex offender.

X-O was good up until they did that Unity crossover, then it got directionless

You mean it was good until AFTER the Unity crossover, right? Sorry, obviously your opinion is your opinion but I remember getting that Humble Bundle way back that had Unity vol 1, and that was one of the first I read, and reading that first just set up so much mystery and intrigue about who all these characters are that I dove into the other books immediately.

Aric really was the Namor of the Valiant universe in terms of dickish warrior king, and I loved him for that.

So what about that series Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe? Are they doing it?

Well it seems like it's almost done, so I think it'd be a waste to just drop it, unless they pull a Disney and think it will tarnish the brand and cancel it (see Star Wars Detours)

they were forced to, DMG had a majority share and the only way Valiant could avoid DMG getting ownership was to find someone else to buy them out (which didn't happen)

Yoshida-san hired Chinese artists and writers to make new marvel comics expressly for china as part of his initiative to get east Asia interested in marvel comics.

Any chance the Collective Man gets his/their own book?

>It's an outragefag thinks Faith is a new character and thinks any of us believe he cares about Valiant episode

Neat. I want to see mah niggas Bloodshot and Eternal Warrior on the screen so hard.