DCAU

Was it overrated?

B:TAS, for example, has not aged nearly as well as I'd thought it would. S:TAS and JL/JLU aged even worse. BB somehow still holds up the same but that's probably because it never particularly stood out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TxGjZMo99is
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94
youtube.com/watch?v=OFoPc52Kd8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What, Superman and JL aged way better than Batman.

You state a lot of opinions as fact in your post and only show your terrible taste.

>has not aged nearly as well as I'd thought it would.

Yeah, definitely stating opinion as fact there.

Bullshit, I'm watching through StAS right now and it's aged really well.

Find a single marvel cartoon scene better than those.
youtube.com/watch?v=TxGjZMo99is
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94

It is though. Just because you compare it to your own expectation doesn't change the fact that "It has not aged nearly as well as X" is presenting a fact, not an opinion.

DCAU were the masters of the feels
youtube.com/watch?v=OFoPc52Kd8I

Man, the supervillian bar scene is one of my favorite scenes from any superhero cartoon.

>Was it overrated?
Yes, but it's still pretty good.

>Was it overrated?
Of course.

Non-DCAU shows were better.

>Just because you compare it to your own expectation doesn't change the fact that "It has not aged nearly as well as X" is presenting a fact, not an opinion.

Actually, it does. Look up the difference between fact and opinion please.

I'd enjoy DCAU's take on Mr. Freeze much more if I wasn't constantly aware that all they did was rip-off the Cryonic Man's backstory and transplant it onto Mr. Freeze. The fact that Timm and Dini still get so many accolades for that hack job grinds my gears to this day.

Those shows were pretty good but not even close to DCAU

JL/JLU is good, though

not as good as yj

>but not even close to DCAU
Objectively incorrect.

>spoiler
YJ is literally Teen Titans done wrong. That's it.

>teen titans
Fucking REALLY?
The Batman was good though.

Teen Titans is a significantly better show than The Batman, though there are certainly some things the latter did better.

YJ is actually avenfers emh done right

Imagine having taste this fucking bad

Teen Titans aged terribly, though

S:TAS only has two midway decent episodes, the one with Mr. Mxyzptlk and The Late Mr. Kent.

Teen Titans is the reason why we got LOL SO RANDUMB AND FLUFFY Starfire in comics, because the faggot fans threw a tantrum that the actual character wasn't like their shitty show.

By this logic you can't enjoy black panther, hulk, X-men and others

>this fucking opinion
Done right how? Shitty romance drama? Bad catchphrases? Wild mischaracterization? Inconsistent plotting? Horrible villains?
Also how is a Weisman Teen show at all similar to a straight up Avengers show?

>Teen Titans is the reason why we got LOL SO RANDUMB AND FLUFFY Starfire in comics
Really? Because that has nothing in common with what she was like in the show.

It's morons (who generally didn't even watch it because muh weebs) spreading memes.

The entire Silky episode proves you wrong fagtard

Damn nigga, that's a good joke. Late Mr. Kent is the best episode, though.

Teen Titans is so fucking hard to sit through.

Because is a serious show that don't feel like...completelly bland like Avengers

Also it had a better plot than the rushed as fuck avengers, more memorable lines and better dialogue plus better animation.

>LOL SO RANDOM AND FLUFFY Starfire in the comics
It's funny, I can't ever remember a time where Starfire acted the way she did in the cartoon. The DCYou series is the closest to it, but even then she' just good ol Starfire.

And better villains

Pretty sure Justice League is still good for a rewatch. I can't vouch for Batman and Superman.

>ignoring that that mess was caused by BB's soft side (and silliness) to begin with, not Starfire's
>ignoring all the poignant moments when she tried to do the right thing
>ignoring how her "fluffiness" (still not seeing randomness here) basically saved the day
>ignoring that that was ONE FUCKING EPISODE

Seriously, do I need to pull out the post that utterly BTFOs anti-Toonfirefags yet again?

They're almost incomparable. JL is driven by its storylines whereas YJ focuses more on character interaction.

>It's funny, I can't ever remember a time where Starfire acted the way she did in the cartoon.
O RLY?

>It's really fun the way that they kept so much of he essential nature of the character, and yet made such a fundamentally huge change in the nature of the character. Starfire has always been an elemental character, a character who was always about her passion. I don't think it's an accident that her first true storyline had her kissing of Robin as such a key element of the story.

>Now, on the other hand, Toonfire is equally passionate as Starfire, and seems to have much the same temper (view her fights with Blackfire, or Killer Moth's daughter). However, they took her and added a layer of deep naiveite. She feels her passion so strongly (and the ep where she bodyswitched with Raven shows it), but she's essentially an innocent. Sure, she has her goofy habits (keeping odd pets, celebrating Blorthog, and the like), but the character is just much more endearing in the end. I don't know, maybe it seems that underneath all that passion, Starfire's most essential emotion is anger, while Toonfire's is joy. That's probably unfair to Starfire, but that's the feeling I get from them.

JL had some good character moments, too

Fuck off avengers was the literal definition of mediocrity, marvelfags try to push as a good cartoon because they got nothing to counter justice league.

It did, but because the cast was so large, character development was mostly confined to single arcs or episodes. YJ development happened over the course of a season.

Not really

>YJ
>character development

>B:TAS, for example, has not aged nearly as well as I'd thought it would. S:TAS and JL/JLU aged even worse
Nigaa what? You're nuts son. They've all aged incredibly well except maybe Zeta and Static. If you wanna see stuff that didn't age well go back and watch X-Men TAS and Spider-Man TAS.

>t. faggots who quit halfway through season 1

Interaction, my bad. Team dynamics.

You caught me. When does it get good?

Yes, pull out the screencap of your own post, your autistic waifufaggotry is amusing me

first episode, try to watch it

After the season 1 finale is when you just quit if you still don't like it. It's representative of the show

But you should've liked at least a few of them now

Static aged pretty well

Any of those blatantly ripped off one of their existing villains to elevate another, shit-tier villain of theirs?

No? Didn't think so.

>screencap
Sounds like you're the autist here. First read but if you're still not convinced I'll repost (not fucking screencap) my actual post.

Usually the Slade and multi part episodes are pretty good, so pretty much be the end of season 1. Also if you don’t like the comedy, you can just skip it if you want, you’ll know if an episode is just comedic based is the theme song plays in Japanese, since that usually just means the writers were fucking around in that episode, although the mad mod episodes are actually pretty funny.

and YJ is the definition of cringey teen bullshit. Which is surprising coming from Weisman but it's what ended up happening. Sprinkle in a horrible version of the JL with either carboard cutouts or characterization whiffs, and some of the worst "ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU" retardation for the villains and you've got a real shit sandwich.
YJ is basically the cape version of Korra, people are so sick of telling you what sucked about it that they don't reply, and that has allowed you to hugbox your way here, to considering it better than EMH and JLU, fuck right off.

>and YJ is the definition of cringey teen bullshit. Which is surprising coming from Weisman
After Spectacular? You serious?
I'd even argue it fits the definition somewhat more

Spectacular was actually good

>dislike a show
>"OH, IT GETS BETTER IN ABOUT 10 EPISODES"

Either way TT and TTG are both horseshit. Original TT had some okay fight scenes at least, but most everything else (soundtrack, character designs, ESPECIALLY the god damn voice acting) was a steaming shit sandwich

Yes they were, Black Panther background comic was nearly identical to Batman one, with the death of his father being the start of his adventure and then travelling around the world to be the best in every single area of science and sports, making the promise to defend his homeland.

X-men is Doom Patrol but instead of suffering random accidents mutants were born with those powers.

>YJ is basically the cape version of Korra
This is so fucking true.
Because Sup Forums says so?

user, if a show is good for something like 4.5/5 seasons you're fucking retarded if you dismiss it on the basis of some (not all) of the first few episodes being relatively mediocre.

Spetacular spiderman and the batman(2004) are in pretty similar lvls

No, because it was able to keep a lot of the stronger elements of the character while being fresh in a lot of other respects, especially in regards to the villains and supporting cast. Keaton was lights out as Pete/Spidey in a show with a ton of monologue which really sealed it up.

Absolutely not. Mainly because the characters in the latter are actually really fucking likeable.
Also the character focus in each TB season made much more sense than the "Education of PP".

(Funnily enough, Weisman wrote several episodes of the latter as well, including some of the most pivotal ones.)

>Patty Hearst hated her captors originally but they eventually formed a touching bond and became great friends
This is you

>Keaton was lights out as Pete/Spidey in a show with a ton of monologue which really sealed it up.
That was just about the only really good thing about the show, aside from the animation.

they butchered most of the villains and made their motivations incredibly stupid, most of them are completelly well then right in the begin of the next episode they are shown fucked up in some bullshit problem and we are expected to pretend that those characters had development though the transformation from a good citizen to a dangerous criminal

The fight plotting was excellent too, a lot of Spider-Man bullshit, using his smarts/wits to beat otherwise superior enemies

I'm saying there's a significant unevenness in quality for the first half of the first season only, that was smoothed out very quickly. If you have ADD then yeah, the show probably isn't for you.

>The Batman
>not Brave and the Bold or even Beware

If you're starting a show from the beginning and the first 6 episodes aren't any good, you've invested 3 to 6 hours into it (depending on runtime) with no payoff. Think about that shit, motherfucker

Just watched JL again a few years ago. There's some occasional jank but overall it's still solid.

Shit, I should have said fight scenes, not animation. Because that's what I meant, as the actual character designs were quite cheaply done

Which is why the animation was good, simple designs mean more effort can go into the actual design and it's harder to appear off model. I think the villains had good designs aside from Fancy Dan and Ox

*actual animation

>The first 3 movies are fucking horrible but the next bunch are really good so you should watch those bad ones
That's basically what he's suggesting. It's retarded.

Brave and the Bold was great

But The Batman was better than Beware

Except it's not a block of "bad" episodes, only a few scattered here and there. In fact there are really only three particularly boring episodes in there - they are 1, 4, and 8 in the original order.
(Though 1 was switched with 3 for TV airing, but you're a retard if you watch TV airings now)

Some of the very early episodes are actually fucking gold. That's the bottom line.

Since you apparently can't read, let me repeat:

>Any of those blatantly ripped off one of their existing villains to elevate another, shit-tier villain of theirs?

Got it? Good. Also, none of your examples work. Doom Patrol was created around the same time as X-Men and went on to be very much different in terms of story. Black Panther has very superficial similarities to Batman and many differences, like being the KING OF A FUCKING COUNTRY.

B:TAS' Mr. Freeze on the other hand, is quite literally Cryonic Man, except under a different name and he also happens to be a Batman villain, just like Mr. Freeze. Victor owes his entire current popularity and Timm and Dini their awards, to him.

>But The Batman was better than Beware

Judging from the first 26 episodes of both, not really. The Batman was too much like a toy commercial, and it didn't know what it wanted to be. It had nice designs and animation, but the writing was empty, with some sole exceptions. Most of the villains revamps weren't even that deep beyond them having radical designs and know martial arts. Beware was a lot more ambitious, less toyetic, and had tighter writing and stories.

Though I don't think it's a fair comparison anyway, so I don't know why that guy compared them. Beware didn't get the chance to truly expand its world and do more with itself like The Batman did.

Do you want to know how I know you haven't actually watched the first 26 episodes of TB?

(And probably any episodes at all?)

The only thing good about Beware the Batman was the Magpie costume it gave us that crossed over into main canon

>Beware was a lot more ambitious, less toyetic, and had tighter writing and stories.

Beware fucked up Anarky, Professor Pyg and Mr. Toad, Humpty Dumpty, Man-Bat and Lady Shiva. Even Magpie was basically used as a stand-in for Catwoman. Killer Croc was the only villain given any midway respect and what they did with him was done by TB first anyway.

It took until the second half for Beware to get even OK and even then the writing was so retarded in the last 4 or so episodes that it easily killed any potential the show ever had.

>(You)

This

>being this lost for words

It's OK, we can't all be autistic like you.

batman has aged poorly, beyond has aged like a fine wine, and JL/JLU are still as great as they were when they premiered

beware had shit CGI that no one was interested in. Oh and alfred has a sexy ninja daughter woohoo

I'm not the one who wrote almost 2000 characters in butthurt rage, but alright...

>Doom Patrol was created around the same time as X-Men and went on to be very much different in terms of story
Not really, no Doom patrol and x-men were always a team created to protect a group of mutants and use heroic acts to protect the people who hate them against another group of super freaks called the brotherhood, X'men even got as far to copy the part where their founders are revealed to be obsessed with their vision to the point of making them being kicked out from the team, both are pretty much the same comic, the only difference is some side villains but the core is identical

>The Batman helped kill the DCAU
It still makes me angry

How did it help?

They didn't want two shows using the same characters. That's why Robin and bats side kicks never showed up in JLU. Once The Batman was greenlit, they couldn't use Batman or any of his rogues.

Batman TAS > Brave and the Bold = The Batman > Beware.

Robin was actually in Teen Titans for most of The Batman's run. But you still have a point... that has nothing to do with the show itself, but rather corporate (mis)management.

>Man-Bat

How? I can understand the others, but how was Man-Bat screwed up?

>Even Magpie was basically used as a stand-in for Catwoman.

Did you actually watch the show at all? How is a deranged, murderous stalker anything like Catwoman?

This is very much the thing. People remember the best scenes and episodes and forget the bad and the medicore.

They aren't even similar. YJ is more character focused and has mostly episodic stories that are largely connected to one single plot.

Meanwhile EMH is much more story focused and has story arcs that feed into future story arcs, but don't form a single plot.

Also EMH is much better, if only considering that it didn't have to have enemies act like idiots in the fights so they can lose fights they should win.

What did you think of The New Batman Adventures?

Fuck off loser. It's an amazing series and just because some jaded cynical teenager isn't into it's lack of edgy internet humor doesn't mean it has aged poorly. There isn't a single TV show on right now in it's league. Pun intended.

>There isn't a single TV show on right now in it's league.
If you mean cartoons, there's isn't a single one on right now that's watchable. So you're not setting a very high bar there.