EXPLAIN

EXPLAIN

I never particularly cared.

It still looks good, this is not nearly as bad as SCI or apple and onion.

She got the downs.

Hack and theif.

You're a good 3-4 years late to making this thread

Is like those hamburger pics on mcdonalds, half of what you see on those damn pics

Which would you say is easier to animate in the long run on a limited budget and time?

It wasn't that long ago

>Release Date: July 11, 2013

Pulling a Double Fine and making half the product

The pilot was drawn and animated per Nat's specs.
The series was picked up by Frederator who are notoriously cheap assholes, and when they sent Nat's designs to a well respected Korean studio along with what they were willing to pay, the studio laughed in their faces and said "you get characters made out of marshmallows."

It wasn't Nat's call and she regrets letting Frederator ruin the aesthetic.

Is that why the writing was dogshit as well?

Im so glad this show fucking fell off the radar. What a god damned fucking disaster.

right looks more fuckable

I'm more bothered by how much her personality changed.

Pilot: Adult woman with a childish side having to deal with adult problems like money, employment, and friendship.

Series: Toddler in adult body with zero responsibilities who everyone adores for no reason.

OUCH user
OUCH.

>it's that old creepy Fred Seibert's fault my show sucked! REEEEE!
Honestly, Nat can go die in a fire. Surprised she didn't say she was sexually harassed or something.

This. The character is a total manchild where her obnoxiousness gets rewarded

Artist got fat and her own not-fat character made her jealous to the point of turning her tubby.

Youtube changed their algorithm so independent animators could not longer make money off of ad revenue. So basically their entire goal for ongoing funding got it's nuts cut off.

Therefore, simpler less detailed models so it'd at least be slightly easier to animate under-budget.

Easier to animate.

is shitty writing also easier to animate.

You asked about the art not the writing.

This, I didn't mind the weight gain and drop in animation, but the behavior change was too much for me to deal with.

Why do writers think this works, ever? Being a boisterous force of chaos that ruins everything and has no mind is charming in a side character, but not a protagonist. See Chowder, Flapjack.

it's not the details of the apron that people bitch about, the actual character design change bears no difference to how difficult it would be to animate, despite what the creators claim. When you your anatomy, which i assume any professional team do, then drawing the left is just as easy as doing the right.
Actually creating a new design would actually waste time, as the artists need to get used to the new design first

It's a motherfucking travesty.

Didn't even bother watching the series after more than two minutes.

Last episode was good

I never saw the actual series. It's shame to hear it wasn't good, I really loved the pilot.

>Pilot Bee was a titty monster
>Series Bee was a tumblr monster

WORST TIMELINE

They had a bigger budget so they could afford more ink to draw her fat ass

You know, she could be thicc and cute but no they made her a fattass

The sheer difference in the number of lines required to produce the right versus the left means you are some kind of bumbling idiot who purposely ignores things your eyes see or you have absolutely no idea how pencil on paper works and might not even have hands. Either way, you are decidedly unqualified to speak on this topic and should probably go find one more your speed.

Why were we told about space prince if it led to nothing?

As i said you fucking retard, it's not the details that people bitch about when it comes to the new design, whether the front of the hair has three or two lines is something no one cares about. They bitch about her shorter statue, more chubby limbs, rounder head shape, stuff like that. None of that have any bearing on how easy it is or not to animate. Based on OP's image, the ONLY difference htere actually happened due to the chubbier design is that she doesn't have a neck anymore, however those are at most 2 lines in this style, meaning the amount of time it would save by removing it would be so little it wouldn't be noticeable.

This, plus the pilot seemed to have a general focus in its limited time. It's showed Bee's life, brought PC into the picture, and introduced the fantastical element, while hinting at a deeper story for PC.

The actual series introduced several new characters, made Bee into a robot, made her live this care free life of no responsibility, and kinda wasted the male love interest's potential.

I don't know if Nat or Frederator is to blame, but I'm pretty disappointed.

Her legs look alright in this promo art.
How did it go so wrong

>Bee’s dad made a robot than can eat and digest food
This is uncomfortable.

that's cause they switched to a Japanese studio for the final episode.

before we got "oh gosh luuk at how cute off model animashon is gais, just like may animus" and of course, it was done before con Korea to add that excuse, tough it wasn't as horrible as SU.

Fat fetishizing Hack makes character Fat to appease the Fat tumblr landwhale masses...news at 11.

>pilot
>well drawn, lots of effort put into it to rope you in
>series
>cheaply drawn to save money, hope that the effort put into the pilot is enough to keep the audience around

Also benis and catdog was summer 2013, 4.5 years ago. I feel like it's time to stop caring even if it makes us sad.

>you will never be drunk in the middle of the night in august again listening to daft punk random access memories when you happen upon a Sup Forums thread that is talking about this causing you to watch it on repeat in an intoxicated fascination

The time, it gets away

>The time, it gets away
The times, they are a changin'

Reminds me of a lot of shitty comic books that are thankfully being gradually canceled

I just cannot understand the decision to make her a robot

>It wasn't Nat's call and she regrets letting Frederator ruin the aesthetic.
Fake news. She shilled the new design as being “much much better now!” She was in full support of this shitpile. Fuck her and fuck you.

They could have just simplified the original design by removing the details from the apron. Instead they did a redesign from scratch. So I don't think it was just the studio saying there was too much detail for what they wanted to pay. And what kind of well respected Korean studio isn't able to work with this level of detail anyway? Korean studios also work on anime.

>made Bee into a robot
holy shit i thought you were joking. why?

Koreans are plastic made in a factory if you believe the Japanese. Japanese are mongrel cockroaches if you believe the Koreans. Chinese are soulless fish people if you believe everyone else.

What does this Sup Forums drivel have to do with my post?

>Sup Forums drivel

You ever speak to an Asian?

You ever made an on-topic post? What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

And yet the Koreans are the ones who try to immigrate to Japan rather than the other way around

His post has literally nothing to do with Sup Forums, newbuddy

poking fun at your post because you thought user saying 'well respected Korean studio' was serious

lurkmoar

Japanese studios also make use of Taiwanese and some Chinese animation sweatshops ftw

It's exactly the kind of post Sup Forums would make, newfag.

Why wouldn't he have been serious? Why don't you stop posting and lurk more?

What about it?

Cos You make it look like just because they used Korean animation sweatshops that the Japanese uses, shit will be great and shit

What I said was that a good Korean studio shouldn't have trouble working with such a simple design given that Korean studios work on anime which has way more detailed designs.

SJWs have some strange fascination with robot plot twists. Last year at Marvel, She-Hulk, Carol Danvers, America Chavez, and Squirrel Girl all had their own robot plot twist stories. I’m sure other SJW books did too.

Because if you knew anything about the animation industry, you'd know that saying 'well respected Korean studio' was sarcasm

Your addition of
>Korean studios also work on anime
also gave me a giggle m8

If you knew anything about the animation industry you'd know that not all Korean studios are the same.

>Your addition of
>Korean studios also work on anime
>also gave me a giggle m8
Now who's ignorant? Korean studios absolutely work on anime.

I didn't say they didn't, m8

You'll get it one day

You just said it.

Is her design supposed to change inconsistently like that as some sort of gag or did no one bother to make a character model sheet of her?

Right here:

They consulted with Sugar

>Being this literally autist
Holy fuck... that is saying alot from a tripfag...

Okay, fine, I'll explain it to you since you're new and possibly autistic. The reason saying 'well respected Korean studio' is sarcastic and laughable is for the very many examples within Sup Forums and Sup Forums related media of QUALITY produced from Korea. Which for the newfriends is when a piece of animation is so laughably bad that you simply shout QUALITY at the screen. Anime especially is rife with it and you lauding an industry that is notoriously guilty of producing QUALITY is simply humorous, especially because you praised them for also working on the very medium they soil. lurkmoar

I don't know where these niggas come from

I didn't say anything autistic, so you are just projecting.

You are new and you are autistic.

>Anime especially is rife with it and you lauding an industry that is notoriously guilty of producing QUALITY is simply humorous
Anime has the best animation in the world and most of the work is done in Japan.

>you praised them for also working on the very medium they soil
No, what I once again said was that this level of complexity should not be an issue given that Korean studios work on much more complicated designs in anime.

Lurk more.

They made model sheets but never bothered to use them. The storyboard art is king, which is why the character models are so inconsistent in shows like SU.

>I didn't say anything autistic
>Proceeds to post while autistic

I didn't say anything autistic. You are projecting.

I didn't say anything autistic. You are projecting.

Who's to blame here

Nat or Frederator?

>She shilled the new design as being “much much better now!” She was in full support of this shitpile.

That's just PR. What was she supposed to do, say "sorry it's shit" before the first episode even aired?

STOP JUDGING WOMEN!!!

I think in my lifetime I have seen maybe like 20 people with vitiligo and I live in Atlanta. Why do so many modern fan artists draw them?

cause it's """""""unique"""""""

It amazes and disgusts me an obvious newnigger like you pretends to know anything about anything on Sup Forums.

You are a newfag. Lurk more.

There's not really much to explain, the artist grew into having a different art style which then got reflected into her series. Anyone who backed the series should've been following the artist and known how her style and humor was changing and gauged whether that was for better or for worst on their own.
As easy as it is to all join forces and dislike it, it's not objectively worse and it worked for the series even with the erroneous animation that appeared here and there.

>muh fat manchild le tumblr le plots went nowhere
How can you be so dense? The point of the last episode was that Bee was holding back her love interest and killed a guy because she was so irresponsible all the time. Her love interest seems to move on, and Bee is left alone and unemployed.

Most plot points (the kid's mom, Bee's father, Bee being a robot, Puppycat's curse, the robot being more and more corrupted every time it assigned a job to Bee, Bee's love interest going away, etc.) Went nowhere because the show was cancelled.

The pilot was more grounded, but it still implied Bee was not a normal girl with the dream sequence. Not that it matters, because the point of pilots is to show the premise of a series, not to showcase the series itself. It may (and will be, most of the time) wildly different from the final show.

>I think in my lifetime I have seen maybe like 20 people with vitiligo and I live in Atlanta
im 28 and im from Russia

i never ever seen any Black Person in my entire life. Not kidding.
so vitiligogogologo - is some kind of desease only unicorns have - to me

No, you literally know nothing about Sup Forums. I highly doubt you were even here just five years ago to have such a shallow knowledge of things around here.

You are projecting. Lurk more.