Apparently the Flintstones had a son

how far long was the og show in production when they decided to remove the kid?

Other urls found in this thread:

webrockonline.com/faq/Flintstones_FAQ_10.php
lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Fred_Flintstone_Junior_(Unused_"The_Flintstones"_Character;_Late_1950s)
tvhistory.tv/First Day of TV.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

also story time I guess

Weird.

That was very strange. Thanks for sharing OP

Didn't Dino eventually go live with Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm in the TV specials? You could just bring this in as taking place after those.

Not my Flintstones

Not if you factor in fertility and menopause.

Two years before Pebbles was introduced in the third season.

And apparently, she'd been voiced by Pamela Anderson and Grey DeLisle.

Then what happened to F.jr?

Never existed as far as the show is concerned.
Pebbles was created when they wanted to sell baby dolls, and someone suggested they make a girl instead of a boy.

eaten by his pet dinosaur?

No one enjoyed their Brontosaurus ribs that night.

Think they reused his design for a next door neighbor kid.

"Fred, our son is actually the neighbor's kid."
"Oh."

It was common for cavemen to eat their own children if the food was scarce.

OH I KNOW THIS STORY

apparently Joe Barbera was showing off this work to some network businessman. Barbera was showing him Fred, Wilma and ofc the son and the businessman said "shame its a son, if they had a daughter we could make dolls and toys and really merchandise her" and without skipping a beat Joe says something like "DID I SAY SON? They have a daughter!" Pebbles was only created so they could sell toys to little girls.

Quick fred. Kill the dinosaur before it slaughters your son.

I guess it had to be done.

Those clouds look like shit. I'm not sure what the artist was going for but whatever it was it didn't work.

Could you imagine freds nightly fight with the cat with that thing.

>how far long was the og show in production when they decided to remove the kid

Not very.
The Little Golden Book adaption was based on some early scripts and designs so Fred Flintstone Junior at least made it into the early scripting stage. But no known animation cells or voicework were ever confirmed for him.

Pretty much yeah.

When they decided to re-add the baby it was initially planned to be a son. Ideal Toy Company (Who had the license to produce Flintstones toys) found out and approached them, then asked them to make it a daughter so they could start a Flintstones doll line.

Maybe but I wonder if they would be too old to have another child by then.

Junior died during spring break

Fred kinda looks like Ricky Gervais here.

that kid grew just fine.

Headcanon accepted.

Dude, its not headcanon.

Look it up on yt.

So does Pebbles have a dick then?

Fleenstones?!?!

I'd Bamm-Bamm that.

In the last Flintstones TV special to follow the chronological continuity, Fred and Wilma adopted an orphaned boy named Stoney. They never followed up on that.

>In the last Flintstones TV special to follow the chronological continuity,
>continuity

Dino has had, like, 3 different origins over the years. I don't think the Flintstones has a rigid continuity of any kind.

Gotta be good to see her "Secret Club"

Was anyone else weirded out as fuck an animated cartoon had a laugh track?

Well, they removed it in some foreign adaptions, so I guess yes.

Thanks for the answers anons!

Did some more research of my own, Junior was mentioned in the series’ first press release and was featured in some advance merchandise.

Sauce: webrockonline.com/faq/Flintstones_FAQ_10.php

Still odd that after removing junior from the show that this book and the merch wasn’t edited in anyway.

Does anyone else find it weird that Fred and Wilma had separate beds? It's not as if the vast majority of American couples didn't sleep in the same bed anyway.

It's explained in the lore that a T-Rex ate him in the events preceding the show

That's the way sitcom families were during the 50's and 60's. The censors considered it too scandalous to depict a married couple sleeping in the same bed since it implied sex.

Fj on the lost media wiki

lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Fred_Flintstone_Junior_(Unused_"The_Flintstones"_Character;_Late_1950s)

christ, look at that panting on the right. goddamn

These paintings are incredible, please for god's sake if you're a cartoonist learn to paint for real

I Dream of Jeanie was the first to have the couple share a bed, I think.
I know that the Addams's Family was the first to imply that they had an active sex life.

He went extinct.

he died of rockemia

Tvs first sitcom ever, Mary Kay and Johnny, had the couple share a bed. This was in the late 1940s too, but then again no recordings of the show are known to exist anymore

around the time Wilma stopped being one of Aku's daughter

What was the first tv show ever?

It probably varies from area to area, here’s the US’ first day of tv

tvhistory.tv/First Day of TV.htm

The BBC’s first show was based on a play called “The Man With the Flower in His Mouth”

please do not give me strange fantasies about Pebbles-

too late

Reading it

Dude, they're cavemen.
Child mortality is through the roof, if pebbles survived, they we're among the lucky ones that saw 50% of their kids live.