Superheroes were a mistake

Superheroes were a mistake.

nah, they weren't

they just aren't necessarily for everybody

Your hairy cuckold ass was a mistake.

Superheroes are the best thing ever and one of the worst at the same time.

the problem is never the idea.
its how people use or abuse the idea itself

You're mistake fuckface, you're the guy who made everything you hate popular for everyone you hate.

I thought this worked like only the person that created something could say it was a mistake.

Wtf, anons, Moore is fucking capefag.

I've never seen a creator show more disdain for his chosen medium and all of his fans.

Moore is a hack.

>I've never seen a creator show more disdain for his chosen medium
Superheros are not a medium, and Moore loves comics.

>I've never seen a creator show more disdain for his chosen medium and all of his fans.
He actually loves the medium, he hates the industry. He loves comics almost as books.

And he is cool with his fans, too.

>the problem is never the idea.
>its how people use or abuse the idea itself

Or how they keep reusing, rehashing, twisting and milking that idea until the last drop of quality is gone, for as long as it keeps making them money.

Greed is the problem.

Alan Moore was a mistake.

Superheroes were doing just fine before the hack dumped out Watchmen.

He wrote the last word in superhero comics on page 3 of his first Miracleman/Marvelman story. It's been downhill from there.

Capeshit isnt a medium

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen post-Black Dossier was a mistake

>newfags really think moore hates superheroes

Superheroes are a genre like any other. They can have good stories and bad stories. The problem is that there are so many, the American market is super-saturated with them when there's so many other genres to have fun with.

And Moore wrote some of the best capeshit ever.

>doesn't know
oh you poor thing

He's an asshole but he's a genius

Didn't he literally said that turning comics to older audiences was a mistake?

No, only superhero comics.

Alan Moore is the Ralph Bakshi of comics.

Is he still locked into his wizard war with Morrison?

Moore's a nicer guy than most people give him credit for.

>Moore added: “Of course, I appreciate my audience however old they are, but it’s particularly gratifying to think that I’ve got intelligent and adventurous readers of your own age out there. It’s the kind of thing, when I’m taking my vitamin pills and swilling them down with Lemsip, that makes me feel like I’m still ‘down with the kids’.”

>The letter ends: “Take care of yourself, Joshua. You’re obviously a young man of extraordinary good taste and intelligence, and you confirm my suspicion that Northamptonshire is a county touched by the gods.” The sign-off is from: “Alan Moore. Best Author in Human History. In your face, Shakespeare, Joyce and Cervantes!”

He reminds me a little of Harlan Ellison

Yeah, he's very pleasant in person.

Easy to come across like a huge asshole in interviews where they ask you about times you remember horribly or people you hate. I'm sure if any of us had to talk right now about a certain ex we'd make her sound like the worst human that ever lived