When will this happen? Has this been abandoned?

When will this happen? Has this been abandoned?

Wasn’t that already the apocalypse episode

Gumball doesn't need lore or a story arc. Cartoons need to stop doing this, just leave it to anime.

>When will this happen?
Never. It's too good for the show. We need more Richard episodes tho

Isn’t that the episode where the town goes into a an apocalypse because watersons gave the guy with the rock face a hard day so he ended up quitting his job except he was literally running everything

With that attitude, cartoons will never progress past the under 10-year-old demographic

But that is its demographic.

>We need more Richard episodes tho
We have more than enough of that.

That is the joke

You seriously never want things to develop and to continue watching baby shit forever? Why put up barriers, that makes no sense

When cartoons try to have an actual story it ends up being absolute shit.

No that wasn't it. The Wattersons in the painting are in the void rather than in an apocalyptic setting.

Are you seriously saying that you want Gumball to be developed into an edgy, grimdark adult cartoon aimed at 18-35 year olds? Because if so you're stupider than the bait you're arguing with.

So that means stop trying all together and use the same outdated, juvanile formula for the past several decades

I'm glad you'll never touch this industry

No, and I have no idea how you got that out of that post

>I must assume that everyone must be arguing the extreme opposite of what I’m arguing, because it’s the only thing I can argue against and moderation doesn’t exist

Your assertion that serialization and overarching stories are impossible outside of anime is retarded, especially considering that most of them don’t even do it well either, but you are correct that Gumball works better as episodic with loose continuity. It’s not really an adventure or action show with characters development arcs, but more a comedic vehicle for jokes with occasional morals and feel good lessons.

>just leave it to anime.
I don't see any difference, it's either bad or good for both

>I'm glad you'll never touch this industry
>yfw he touches the industry.

>Cartoons need to stop doing this
Episodic cartoons need to stop doing that, leave it to cartoons with actual overarching plots.

>Has this been abandoned?
Absolutely not. They’ve been foreshadowing it since The Void first appeared almost four years ago.

Most than sure it's an episode the crew has already done and have it shelved in the occasion the show gets the official boot from CN, serving as a series finale.

Cartoons are a medium, not a genre. I think an obsession with DEEPEST LORE ruined Adventure Time, but that doesn't mean that continuity and world building is out of place in action, adventure, drama, sci-fi, fantasy, and other genres.

I mean, by the looks of the painting, seems like they're pulling a Don Hertzfeldt on Elmore.

>I am autistic and believe my opinions are right

Goddamn I hate smugball so goddamn much

But that isn't smug Gumball. Smug Gumball was great. That is "oh god I'm such a boring character" Gumball

Why is Nicole's fur color not white and brown?

It’s gonna be Use for the Series Finale

They aired the full theme today on the airing of The Return/The Nemesis, here in the US

the best adult cartoons ever made have no plot

>the best adult cartoons ever made
that sounds very short sighted on its own

>Are you seriously saying that you want Gumball to be developed into an edgy, grimdark adult cartoon aimed at 18-35 year olds?
It already became South Park-lite, so why not.

anime is cartoons
also anime is retarded and edgy so no

>doesn't need lore or a story arc

so anyone else think if they didn't do this for regular show, pops would've lived?

Because that's not her father
time travelling Gumball is

I would think so, but they've been planning that space shit since season 7 so I'm not sure.

space arc was ok. pops suddenly becoming super important to the universe was relatively wtf.

>I am autistic about people's thoughts
see, anyone can do it, even you!

This is the worst counter-argument to anything I have ever seen

List them.

I always kinda thought Banana Barbara was foreshadowing "The Money".

Tough shit

anime is a cartoon. it begin from japan doesnt suddenly make it a different medium.

Why arent Gumball and Anis purple cabbits?

>he wants more of this face

What the flying fuck is that face trying to convey?

Fuck you, i like storys in cartoons rather then bland shit like WBB or craig of the creek

No one knows because they use it for everything

No. Now go KYS. Please and thank you.

Looks like we got's us a biggoted weeb up in this bitch. Go back to Sup Forums, please - not all cartoons are what you think they are and 98% of anime (Jap cartoons, BTW.) sucks, as it is.

BEAT IT.

I like both episodic and story-driven, but only if they appeal to me. Your point???